Sign in to follow this  
sanctuary

Sanctuary's Animation pack 1.7

does that mean that you can't use the "crouch ready" anims with 1.7?

You can use the crouch read from the sharing animation thread, the files modifying the rotation to keep the crouch ready stances are included in the download of that "crouch ready".

Just unpbo one of the pack, copy the crouch ready files in the place of the files of the same name present there, and re-pbo into a new Anim.pbo and you will have the crouch ready (and its rotations) replacing the AI stand ready and its rotations.

Quote[/b] ]also, what did you change other than the AT anims? (i couldn't find a list in the readme)

I have no kept the list of what i changed sorry, and i don't have those names in my mind.

All i can remember is that between 1.6 and 1.7 , there are 27 animations are new/retouched/corrected, and the majority of those 27 are in the different animation name lists.

Maybe unpbo-ing a pack and listing them by date would allow you to see those exact 27 (a part of those 27 are listed in the anim_list4 text file).

1 animation present in 1.5 but not in 1.6 have been re-introduced (the prone moving forward) and is not counted in those 27

I found with the new pack, the with RPG animation, the feet seems to move faster than the guy did.

Even still, the pack is amazing, I'm waiting for someome to incorprate the leaning animations to this and I'll be eternaly happy :P

- Ben

Hi, i like a lot this anims pack, from the 1.3; i'll like the "behaviour alert" anim to be like the VBS1 anim shown in some promo/user made videos; look more good to me. But im very very happy with this anims, gives the OFP a more dinamic look like and the missions look much much better helping to create "atmosphere" (i hate how that sounds; i gonna have to clean up my mouth with bleach afther this) if u ever make replacement anims, plz; think a bit in replace the BIS default anims when u've a handgun and swap to the binocs, those really look uggly and they ever disliked me.

Very good anims from the 1.3, thanks for your time and job.

BIS Anims:

BISanims.jpg

I will release soon some pistol stance animations to replace BIS one, i have started on them a month ago actually.

The problem with those pistols animations is that it can't go into the Anim.pbo (else they would have made it in my animations packs , but they must be into the O.pbo or it will not work.

The O.pbo is too big for me to upload somewhere.

So i will release the pistol anim soonâ„¢ in the sharing animation thread, but who will want to use them will have to unpbo the O.pbo , replace the animations file in there, and repack into a new O.pbo by himself.

Thank you Sanctuary for these awesome animpacks especially the newest version improves OFP a lot.

But theres one thing i noticed, soldiers with removeable radios on the back have the radio in a weird position when they are in the AI ready stand, is there any way this can be solved?

I just ask cause i planned to give our units removeable backpacks and such but i guess they would look similar to the radio position wise sad_o.gif

wehats the difference between classic, hand gun, and patrol??

Thank you Sanctuary for these awesome animpacks especially the newest version improves OFP a lot.

But theres one thing i noticed, soldiers with removeable radios on the back have the radio in a weird position when they are in the AI ready stand, is there any way this can be solved?

I just ask cause i planned to give our units removeable backpacks and such but i guess they would look similar to the radio position wise sad_o.gif

Thanks for reporting this problem.

I thought i tested all the soldiers new animation to get the additional radio/backpack in the good position on such soldier's back, but now that i look at this AI stand ready i see that it is not.

Tonight or tomorrow when i will have time, i will release a correct version of this specific animation file (at least this one is easy and quick to do) in the sharing animation thread (no new pack released, one will have to unpbo-repalce file-repbo).

Great news, thanks Sanctuary!

Never tried to replace files in the anim pbo... well lets see if its so easy smile_o.gif

Animation fixed ready.

Give a look in the Sharing Animation thread from my signature, i released the fixed one with step by step explanations.

Sorry for this overlooked problem.

EDIT : exact link to the page that has this animation fixed version (in the case it buried by other pages)

1st solution -> using the AI stand ready anim from the 1.5 patrol pack

2nd solution -> using the fixed version of the AI stand ready from 1.6/1.7 that is available in the post.

ok love the idea of firing an rpg from a standing position... how do I make it work.... My guy still wants to kneel.

Yes how we would go about doing that?

i dont belive it's possible because there is not already an animation for that so you can't create a brand new animation for something

hope you understood that, sometimes i cant understand myself crazy_o.giftounge_o.gif

ok love the idea of firing an rpg from a standing position... how do I make it work.... My guy still wants to kneel.

It is possible - me and Locke trying to sort this out. However, it requires config changes so there will be some problems with MP (it looks very funny when on ones computer a guy crouches with gun, and when he fires, the smoke is a bit higher then the shooting guy) biggrin_o.gif

I´m one of those guys who don´t install addons that much. It´s just that addons alone do not make much sense in most of the cases.

BUT !

Llauma pointed me on this anim-pack and I installed it and was very positively surprised.

OFP looks very much better now. The animations are more fluid and realistic.

Thank you very much for the pack !

I enjoy it a lot ! smile_o.gif

yea, these anims are freaking awesome.. best ofp anims ever created.. good work buddy smile_o.gif

It is possible - me and Locke trying to sort this out. However, it requires config changes so there will be some problems with MP (it looks very funny when on ones computer a guy crouches with gun, and when he fires, the smoke is a bit higher then the shooting guy) biggrin_o.gif

I think the server will need to run Locke mod to avoid this problem

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

Just a few problems, not sure if they've been mensioned:

1) If you sprint then go prone, it 'jerks' a bit.

2) The crawling-to-get up anim is a lil jerky as well.

3) If you're kneeled and start running, it jerks a bit.

4) The weapon-to-hand gun is jerky too.

Overall a nice pack! Thanks smile_o.gif

I have a question and I'm sorry if this has already been answered, but what exactly is the difference between the 3 versions?

Quote[/b] ]I have a question and I'm sorry if this has already been answered, but what exactly is the difference between the 3 versions?

"handgun" version is using civilian animations for weapon back stances

"patrol" version is using patrol animations for weapon on back stances

"classic" version is using a modified normal weapon on back animations for weapon on back stances

Quote[/b] ]That's right, there will not be a 1.8 this time, i see no more animation that i want to change

I love you work, Sactuary. My only critisism is the position of the right elbow. I feel it should be down by the side rather than jutting out. I know it's more natural to hold the elbow out, and enables you to hold the gun tighter to your shoulder, but by having your elbow tucked down presents a smaler target to your opponent.

If your not going to do (and i dont expect you to), then i will have to learn animation my self.

Thanks for all you hard work. Whats next for you?

The problem when you will change a position of a part of the bodyin an animation frame is that you can break all the interpolations between the animations.

If it was just "move this arm there" or "put this launcher there" and that's all, it has been a long time i would have corrected some of the things i don't like in my animation packs.

But what i think to be the most important feature of my animations pack : the interpolation would then begin to be secondary, and i don't want this to happen as it is the area i spent many nights to have them +/- right.

So by correcting this things i don't like too, it would have broke the interpolations.

As to keep this most important part of my work intact, i would have been forced in correcting a very lot of frames in several other animations to have them interpolating as well as i wish them to.

And unfortunately it is out of question as i don't have this amount of time in my hands.

But if you have enough time to do this and dedication in OFPAnim to solve of those visual disturbances, be my guest if you can improve this situation, as i don't have the will to do it myself as it would be too much time consuming for me.

Saying that your pack is excellent is quite redundant, so I'll just ask some questions:

First one: Is it possible to move the hands back toward the wrist a little so they don't, well, "break" off. Let me give you an example - When you're standing and aiming, and you look down on your right hand at the trigger guard, you can clearly see it isn't attached to the wrist/sleeve. This happens on a few other animations. I've seen this before so I recon it's something that's difficult to fix, so maybe I should just ask if you could look into anything to mediate it. Alright, that was the first one.

Second one: Well, this actually isn't a question, it's more of an observation: In my opinion, the RPG / launcher animations are only fit for the Strela and AT weapons, not for RPGs and LAWs, which are used much more often...

Don't get me wrong, i realy aprechiate your work. It's great.

Sounds like the 'small' alteration i had in mind will require a lot of work and, since i havn't the first clue about animation, don't know where to start.

I have down loaded all the files and programms to start trying, but i know it's take some time.

You say that ofpanim is very limited. Would i be better off using 3D Studio Max and then porting them back to ofpanim?