Sign in to follow this  
Desert-Rat

Comanche

These two tutorials are how I and many others learned it. So you can too. I'm curious for your creations in the future, don't let yourself get stopped! smile_o.gif

to be honest

i wasnt that much happy with the comamnche model itself

sure it was fun and done pretty well

but the model has its inaccuracies true

it couldve been better

+ i like it more in green

its quite hard to get a helicopter thats not even production 100% right, the thing changed some many times over the last couple of years, its unfair to say it could of been better.....

dkm's released models and textures are not comparable to BAS ones or similar; they are well done, but not top-notch. moreover most of their released addons are some years old... that may change with their new adats biggrin_o.gif

what makes DKM's addons unique are the scripts & configs. smile_o.gif

That DKM Comanche is one of my favorite helicopters. I dont see the use in making a fictional  one when you already have a great one to use, but if you want to those two tutorials that hardrock gave you are really good. You will be making addons in no time if you stick with it.

can be

as i said the dkm commanche is good overall

but its just the model..

but why botehrign with something taht never will enter service?

well that is something you shouldn't say neph..since the "Cheyenne" wouldn't enter service in the next 100 years or so tounge_o.gif

As to many other fictional things that will never enter service wink_o.gif but they still got made

(ps now i know why you never got B5 stuff out...why bother lol)

Just want to tell you that i started the Helicopter as my first addon! hope i will become it complete smile_o.gifxmas_o.gif

Nah, they always intented it to be a recon chopper, the game-modelers just went wild after they saw the first army designs. The whole project in on hold anyway and it's even likely it's gonna get canceled.

It actually was cancelled about a year ago.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/aircraft/rah-66.htm

Quote[/b] ]The Boeing-Sikorsky RAH-66 Comanche was cancelled on 23 February 2004. The Army said it would use the $14.6 billion earmarked for 121 Comanches between 2004 and 2011 to buy 796 additional Black Hawk and other helicopters and to upgrade and modernize 1,400 helicopters already in the fleet.

A pity.

It was an interesting design, but it had becomea bit anachronistic with no more Cold War.

That was a prototype, not a production model. The Army does not paint helo's with anything similar to that camo scheme. In production it would've been painted OD, or black.

I like the prototyp more than the production model

but The Army has Helos which have Olive drab and darker stripes or something like this.

Ok as i already said , i started with the Comanche as my first addon and here is one screenshot of it

comanche2.jpg

Its my first addon!! crazy_o.gifrock.gif

blues.gif

WTF is that???

This looks more like it lol

rah-66-003.jpg

this is what DKM made.. good enough for me

I'll step up my plans to reskin our model if that's what people want, as that seems to me to be where our version is lacking... but I've got to get other projects out first.

This of course has no bearing on any other addon makers who wish to create their own models. I'm all for people deciding to make something and then doing it, rather than creating a thread and naming it "Can you make me a..." and expecting everyone to drop what they're doing for an addon no one will use... biggrin_o.gif

I changed the front of it now because it was really square smile_o.gif

screenshots coming later

Well as i already said , i have fixed the front of the Chopper because it was square , and as you can see i have make the rotors too wink_o.gif

here the update

comanche5.jpg

i start with the cockpit today ;)

(sorry for the large Image)

do u want to make an accurate model or a fun model?

jut curious

if u need good refrence pics

i can make some shots of my rah66 plastic kit

@nephilim: Well one user already said that it was an prototyp , so it is accurate , but not the newest version of the Comanche.

I was a big fan of te first game from Nova Logic where this chopper was.

PS: I have an Comanche model too ;)

ag_smith Thanks for the hint smile_o.gif