Sign in to follow this  
Desert-Rat

Comanche

Ok, another try smile_o.gif

Apply sharp edges (U) to each edge that's got the aligning faces in a bigger angle than 80 (approximately).

Maybe the functionality of sharp/smooth edges becomes a bit clearer with this picture:

sharp-smooth.gif

well ok, and that should solve the problems with the kightning? or only the optic of the chopper?

Ok, another try smile_o.gif

Apply sharp edges (U) to each edge that's got the aligning faces in a bigger angle than 80 (approximately).

Maybe the functionality of sharp/smooth edges becomes a bit clearer with this picture:

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/_hosted/hardrock/pic/sharp-smooth.gif

this is real crossposting now biggrin_o.gif even with the "official" definition of it blues.gif

sorry for ot.

this is real crossposting now biggrin_o.gif even with the "official" definition of it

blues.gifwink_o.gif

Nah, did recognize later that there was an according thread where my pic could be useful (and later mapfact)

@rat - lightning = optics of the model wink_o.gif

IMO its okay..... but the camo on the missile mounts is a bit.. sad_o.gif

beside that nice looking heli...

Ah, I see you understood. Now there are still some lightning errors, f.i. the section that you see below the cockpit.

sharp-smooth.jpg

Try the rest yourself

Well you still need to make some of the edges in the front smooth so that it looks round, only select one edge at a time and look at the results in buldozer.

@HuNtA: Yes i know , that are only the first textures , i will make them a bit realistic asgood i can smile_o.gif but the weaponmounts are camouflaged ;)

EDIT:

smooth.jpg

is it better now hardrock?

Yep, think so. If you compare it with one of your earlier screens -

com_new.jpg

- looks better now doesn't it wink_o.gif

So remember: Always care of the lightning. The model can be bad and the textures worse, correct lightning is the way to a decent look.

well ok , so i can i say the base model is ready smile_o.gif

so i start with the landing gear smile_o.gif

Well i don't work on the landing gear yet , because i have no idea how to make it (because it need a script)

But in the time i have redone the textures a bit

comanche_bk.jpg

comanche_new.jpg

I modified the Missle mounts now , the textures are looking so (burned) like a missle was fired tounge_o.gif

Thanks smile_o.gif i make a static version of it with these "Remove before flight" labels smile_o.gif and if i could where the engine doors are opened wink_o.gif if i can

@ag_smith

Well Armored Fist was realistic biggrin_o.gif one hit and your Abrams was destroyed biggrin_o.gif

BTW: the game was from 92 ;) i think the american have change something on the Comanche in all these years ;)

Ahhh, Armored Fist, one of the first games to come out in CD-Rom... and I had to buy the diskette-edition... still it was the game that made me fall in love with the BMP2, hehehe biggrin_o.gif

As for the Comanche, I had the 1st game, always wanted to get Comanche vs Hokum, but now there's OFP... what more could I want??? biggrin_o.gif

Back on topic, looks great, Desert Rat!!! biggrin_o.gif

I have all parts of Armored Fist and Comanche 1-4 smile_o.gif

glad you like it smile_o.gifsmile_o.gif

i have a DOS emulator , I can play Comanche 1 with it , if you want it i can send it ;)