Sign in to follow this  
Desert-Rat

Comanche

I think i fell in love in my first addon biggrin_o.gif i have added some textures and make the cockpit (only first LOD) screenshots is coming up when i finished texturing smile_o.gif

For your first model it looks great smile_o.gif  Much better than my first attempt biggrin_o.gif

comanche_new1.jpg

comanche_side1.jpg

And here it is smile_o.gif the finished textured first LOD ;)

the finished chopper should looks like this them smile_o.gif

@stu: glad it you like it smile_o.gif

I think i fell in love in my first addon biggrin_o.gif i have added some textures and make the cockpit (only first LOD) screenshots is coming up when i finished texturing smile_o.gif

That's how it begins... and then you become addicted to addonmaking! smile_o.gif

Good job on your first addon, keep it up, man! biggrin_o.gif

Thanks smile_o.gif yes i will keep on it smile_o.gif

it will become a landing gear , and the HUD displays (but i need some help of someone who knows how to do scripts)

It's good to see someone who starts "just another request thread" to try modelling himself! That's how it should be! As ag. smith said: Keep it up! wink_o.gif

Yes , it is easier than i though smile_o.gif and now i can make all Addons i need smile_o.gif but i think in some time i will release some addons if they have quality smile_o.gif

Yes , it is easier than i though smile_o.gif and now i can make all Addons i need

Exactly. And if you try and work hard, look and learn from other addons and last but not least use your imagination, the day will come for you that you'll be taken up into the high society of skilled addon makers, living in the beautiful gardens of BIS' secret VIP paradise with lots of women (or men, if you want) around you blues.gifbiggrin_o.gifwink_o.gif

(...)the day will come for you that you'll be taken up into the high society of skilled addon makers, living in the beautiful gardens of BIS' secret VIP paradise with lots of women (or men, if you want) around you blues.gifbiggrin_o.gifwink_o.gif

hardrock, shhhhh.... we don't want everybody to know about it. We don't want overcrowding here, do we? .... hey, heyyy!, you there, stay away from my woman!!! wow_o.gif

Just joking... tounge_o.gif

Desert-Rat, I'm looking at your textured screenshots. Please, apply sharp faces to the model, as I told you before, then you'll see all the strange lighting errors will be gone... and show as the new pic! smile_o.gif

As for the scripting... it's not that difficult, too. What every addonmaker does when it comes to new things, he looks how others made it. Simply unpack some released addons with the effects you want and see how they're made. Simply try to copy that design to your addon and you're all set. smile_o.gif

if i make sharp faces , then it will be very square , but what do you mean with "lightning errors?

Select your whole model and go to faces/rectangulate normals. They should do away with lighting errors i believe. Go ahead and use the optimize option aswell. Oh and the "i" key is to put smooth faces.

EDIT: you have to have the part of your model selected to have any effect.

well i do this all , but don't see any change on it rock.gif  crazy_o.gif

BTW: how do i add window textures?

Add faces where you want the window glass to be, in O2 it will look like any other solid part of the model.

it's when you add the Alpha channel textures to those faces that you will see through them.

if i make sharp faces , then it will be very square , but what do you mean with "lightning errors?

He posted a link to a small tutorial on the last page, check it out, doing the lightning right is one of the most important things with addons wink_o.gif

Alpha channel textures? how do i become them? or where are they?

@hardrock: ok smile_o.gif

hm , i don't understand why it dosn't work  crazy_o.gif

thats weird ghostface.gif

I select all faces and then press "U" to sharp them , but the lightning is still the same , only the model is square then rock.gifsad_o.gif

comanche_lighted.jpg

thats how it looks now  rock.gif

and how do i become these alpha channel textures?

For glass texture, you can use sklo.paa, that is located in your data.pbo.

Ok, I see. The trick is too use combination of both sharp & smooth edges. You have to select edges that appear too "blocky" and use smooth edge function on them... hmmm.

I have just made another post here, hopefully this should help you understand how to make certain pieces of the model round.

you mean the tail rotor , the nose and the wind should be smoth? and the rest of it sharp?

Exactly. ATM each edge is sharp, which isn't exactly what we want. For example: Select an edge, where you don't want to see the clear difference between one face and the other (only the two points of the edge!) and press I for Smooth Edge. Then deselect and view the result in buldozer. Do that for every edge that you don't want to "see that hard".

Well ok i added the windows and make it smoth , but the lightning is still not right i think sad_o.gifcrazy_o.gif