Harnu

OFP photography - Questions & comments

Yes i know Ingram - Thx smile_o.gif

@Serial killer: looks great => something new about release?

Hehe, just had a look and yeah, it could easily pass off as a Game 2 pic :P Nice one. biggrin_o.gif

Nice pics ShadowY  notworthy.gif

May I ask, what island are you using? Looks like a much more high quality texture desert island

It`s one of my unfinished Islands where I used some edited beach textures.

Above 50 meters it looks good, on the ground it`s nice when you view in the distance.

The island has a airstrip, some ruines and defences..but I only use it to test addons on pistols.gif ..especially airplanes.

AceCombat, what is this island which You used for the pictures about Iraq and Cobra patrol route?

The island is Najaf by Goon its unreleased but in the pics what you see is a small part of the city i created myself using editor and manipulating objects around using addons from various mods (IMUC , OPGWC , NOMAD & REMO's afghan stuff) plus more i know i am forgetting. I have always wanted a good iraqi island but it seems all mods have something but lack in other areas i just put them all together , as i am a detail freak it took some time laying stones/plants and other stuff down wink_o.gif .

Other addons are SEF hummer/lavs/ch53 , Sucheys Marines and GMER.

The island is Najaf by Goon its unreleased but in the pics what you see is a small part of the city i created myself using editor and manipulating objects around using addons from various mods (IMUC , OPGWC , NOMAD & REMO's afghan stuff) plus more i know i am forgetting. I have always wanted a good iraqi island but it seems all mods have something but lack in other areas i just put them all together , as i am a detail freak it took some time laying stones/plants and other stuff down  wink_o.gif .

Other addons are SEF hummer/lavs/ch53 , Sucheys Marines and GMER.

Well, however you do it, it's damn good! smile_o.gif

how do you make planes fly in formation in OFP?

thanks smile_o.gif

place four planes in the editor (flying) , group em up, and behold: wedge formation!

I think Parvus is using the FOV for allot of his shots, making the planes further back appear allot more closer.

how do you make planes fly in formation in OFP?

thanks smile_o.gif

place four planes in the editor (flying) , group em up, and behold: wedge formation!

I think Parvus is using the FOV for allot of his shots, making the planes further back appear allot more closer.

the planes fly in mid-air crash formation as usual:rofl:

You can also slow the game and use this setpos(getpos...so it appears to be a close formation flight..untill the AI really tries to avoid mid air crash wink_o.gif

dunno if Parvus peruses of this property of the OFP engine, but I guess pilots can be told not to do their swerve-and-thereby-crash-routine by means of

plane enableAI false; plane autoaim false;

Well the ammount of plane-formations pics, I'd guess he's got it worked out icon_rolleyes.giftounge2.gif

One usefull thing, setacctime 0 still allows you to move the camera about (Not 100% about camera.sqs, but I'm pretty sure it will..)

So, you could add an eventhandler to the plane

this addeventhandler["fired",{~0.3;setacctime 0; this exec "camera.sqs"}]

(not sure about the ~0.3; but, if it gives an error, remove that)

When the plane fires, it will pause the game, and start camera.sqs on the plane.. Thus easily allowing you to put combat in your damn formation plane shot!!!!111!1 tounge2.gif

You could get a bit fancier, and make it run a script, which then you could easily put a delay in, have it run the camera.sqs script on the missile etc..

- Ben

@ThruYerStErNuM

wow_o.gif that grass looks stunning thumbs-up.gif

STGN

He said he was testing new grass textures, so I guess he's making them, so nowhere yet tounge2.gif

My one critisism of the screenie, kinda : "Where'd that enemy go?!"

"Erm, possibly hiding in the only clump of grass in this whole desert"

"..touché"

k, I suppose the grass could grow in the desert (And probobaly does), but I'd be good to see what the grass looks like on a grassy island tounge2.gif

- Ben

@Hotshot: i was thinking about to try it - but after your information i'm not sure anymore ... confused_o.gif

Amazing DKM MI-28 screen Parvus, though I'm somewhat mystified by the addon list you have put under the picture... last thing I knew it was a DKM addon. huh.gif

It is just me, or do Sluganda regularly not load up fully, I have seen the top 200 pixels of loads of your screenies sad_o.gif

- Ben

He said he was testing new grass textures, so I guess he's making them, so nowhere yet tounge2.gif

My one critisism of the screenie, kinda : "Where'd that enemy go?!"

"Erm, possibly hiding in the only clump of grass in this whole desert"

"..touché"

k, I suppose the grass could grow in the desert (And probobaly does), but I'd be good to see what the grass looks like on a grassy island tounge2.gif

- Ben

"..touché..."

<pause>

"...WTF LAGZORS!!11"

i can already hear the outcries

It is just me, or do Sluganda regularly not load up fully, I have seen the top 200 pixels of loads of your screenies sad_o.gif

- Ben

Images are fully uploaded... but my imagehosting is so poor...