Harnu

OFP photography - Questions & comments

@AG Smith, the harbour objects look fantastic, I am interested as soon as I am done with the closer goals. How does the AI behave on the large harbour objects, and how did you place objects on it (WRP or editor)?

All those objects on the pics are WRP placed. This was a major problem with the old version - it was almost impossible to place them properly in WRP editors. In the new version I've solved this issue. I've created the harbor you can see on the pics from scratch in like 1 hour. whistle.gif

The AI seems to behave pretty well, probably as good as they can with the current engine. They can walk around and between the containers. When I was testing the AI, I've given some of them Guard waypoint and after my first attack, they went to search for me in the labirynth of containers. Pretty cool, even I was surprised to see that.

As long as you don't give them stupid orders, like move to unreachable location, the pathfinding doesn't seem to cause major performance problems.

@metalchris.... cheers mate, I still have that game on my HD, even though I don't play it anymore. Was a superb game some time ago. smile_o.gif

Thanks alot Parvus, very nice shots. Please keep using the TP3 for screens once in a while, I think that the map looks astonishing good, and since I will never get to see it, other than in your screenshots, they are most welcomed. smile_o.gif

Astonishing object count and object resolution that the VBS1 engine can handle. This lets the hopes rize for the island making possibilities of ARMAS.

Parvus

nice screens, especially with this island TP3 biggrin_o.gif

What Fps you get with it, and does AI hadle large amout of buildings good?  smile_o.gif

If I threaten to stab the next person who says "Nice screenshots Parvus" will it change anything in relation to general fanboyism in this thread? icon_rolleyes.gif

Harmed, your screenshots are on the dark side (two are almost impossible to see), check your monitor calibration

http://img40.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ofpllechistanport074yi.jpg

That looks like one of those 2D train sims, funny in a way tounge2.gifbiggrin_o.gif

- Ben

Hehe, when you look at it like that.... biggrin_o.gif

Nice pics guys. thumbs-up.gif

Quote[/b] ]If I threaten to stab the next person who says "Nice screenshots Parvus" will it change anything in relation to general fanboyism in this thread? icon_rolleyes.gif

Someone needs to stop player hatin.

Nice screenshots Parvus.

Thx Sniper Skull (and the other guyz too)!

Anyway it makes no sense to argue with him ... a hopeless soul if you want.

cheers

There are a lot of things that don't make any sense. Original, non-sheep-like thinking isn't one of them smile_o.gif

Besides, arguing with something with a valid point doesn't make any sense, because your destined to lose. Suggested mode of reply are : A, ignore, B, innarcurate, possibly semi-insulting comments to another person, where it would be far more effective/sensical to direct it to the person, C, end this discussion, and start acctualy commenting on screenshots and offering suggestions/help to others (Cation : May require original thinking)

- Ben

@Rainbow: whoa thats some very nice shots

i really liked the 2nd one...the fog one...really nice shots...Offtimes's Grom has really stepped things up

@every1:all in all nice shots combat photographers...keep it up notworthy.gif

There are a lot of things ...

... as said: it makes absolutly no sense to argue with you; but i can't accept that you always have the last words here - especially because it looks that you are right...

=> sry i have to ignore you; go ahaed with your comments ...

DBR_ONIX drop it please, either discuss the screenshots civilly like everyone else or move on to another thread more worthy of your time.

The_Shadow, your island is shaping up nicely, is that UWAR grass you are using? I like the look of it if it is.

no all objects on the islands in SCWC project is Instructos FHP and SFP Objects whistle.gif

ups and my objects to (SCWC stuf) if Shadow havent redone all the shit i put on it :P

Daniel @ Jan. 19 2006,21:44)]The_Shadow, your island is shaping up nicely, is that UWAR grass you are using? I like the look of it if it is.

no, it´s grass from the latest finnish buildings pack by Instructor smile_o.gif

oh, and maybe i should say that it´s only the first pic that is from my island, the others are from instructors "Emesalo" island smile_o.gif

and i forgot to mention the addons used...

so here we go:

FDF, SFP4.1.0, Hornets mortars(WWIP) (thanks hornet) and ofcourse Emesalo and FBP and finally Värmdölandet (my own island, wich is wip)

ups and my objects to (SCWC stuf) if Shadow havent redone all the shit i put on it :P

none of your objects is used on Värmdö anymore biggrin_o.gif

had to cut the addons list, now only SFP and FBP stuff is used wink_o.gif