Sign in to follow this  
Guest major gandhi

Malvinas Mod Open Beta 3 released

Sometimes such a behavior has good results. Remember first release of CSLA2 and their ridiculous armor/rpg dammage values? Wasn't it the "whining" that made them change their minds? Thanks to "whining", now we have the possibility to use their great APCs and tanks along with any other 3rd party addons. It's the very same situation here... smile_o.gif

Anyway, I've said what I had to say. My intention was not to flame the thread, but convince the authors to make their mod much better in 2 simple steps. It's their call now.

AFAIK, these addons are made to fight each other, to make a realistic and accurate historical MOD. so as long as they are not on the _same_ there should be no problem. I understand that some people just want to mix up everything like stormtroopers vs CW cavalry... duh ghostface.gif

ag_smith, I agree that constructive criticism can help to change things (like when I told you about Sharp and Smooth edges hehe), but not comments meaning that addonmakers work is shitty and useless, like this one:

Quote[/b] ]C'mon who are they doing this for then? Uncompatible mod, mostly in spanish, lots of CTDs. Sorry but thats lame

They just released their pack to have some feedback and list of detailed errors pointed out, it's not a fully playable mod yet as they clearly stated it... Their team is not really big and they need public betatesting.

In my opinion having such a behaviour is a shame for a community. Instead of just bitching and throwing shit like some are doing some others are trying to help, like Denorc, which as a result is far more constructive and will help to see a fully playable mod.

Quote[/b] ]I can't play this mod if I can't play 3rd party addons. I.e. I want to use addons like Land Rovers or USA planes forced to land on Falklands, or maybe some more modern soldiers from other mods and guess what? I cant because of this moronish attitude toward sides!!

What's the point of mixing addons with completely different configs files, uneven damage and armor values...? To see again a Sherman destroying 5 Jagpanther as we already saw, because addonmakers didn't use same config values? I don't see the point in it...

In my opinion having such a behaviour is a shame for a community. Instead of just bitching and throwing shit like some are doing some others are trying to help, like Denorc, which as a result is far more constructive and will help to see a fully playable mod.

What's the point of mixing addons with completely different configs files, uneven damage and armor values...? To see again a Sherman destroying 5 Jagpanther as we already saw, because addonmakers didn't use same config values? I don't see the point in it...

Agree. Unconstructive feedback (aka "whining") just kills addon/mod makers' willingness. If you can't give feedback in constructive and encouraging way - then don't give it all. Just try to enjoy the stuff they're making for free.

I also have to agree about "compatibility issue". Side can easily be changed in mission editor or with text editor and you all know it. Changing armor and damage values is much more difficult task.

Keep working  wink_o.gif

Why would anyone want to use other modern addons on the Falklands? I think that would erode the spirit of this mod. If making Brits east keeps people from using F-14s and M1s on the Falklands then I am Happy. Grab a history book and find out what happened.

Guest RKSL-Rock
Why would anyone want to use other modern addons on the Falklands? I think that would erode the spirit of this mod. If making Brits east keeps people from using F-14s and M1s on the Falklands then I am Happy. Grab a history book and find out what happened.

I really think you are missing the point.  Its about being able to use the addons with other different addons from different teams and being consistant with the rest of the community.

This is what I wrote over at MLV's forums, and figured that since there are others involved in the discussion apart from the MOD members, I'd post it here too:

I think the biggest problem is that the British are sided on the East. Many missionmakers/addonusers out there would probably like use MLV's British addons with other mods and addons. Since a lot of the British addons that are already released are sided on the West (FLK, DKM etc), and they are also one of USA's closest allis, I reckon a lot of addonusers and missionmakers would chose not use MLV's addons. This is a shame, since these addons have alot of potential to be used by missionmakers to make pre-1985 missions (or more modern ones using the various vehicles) along side addons made by other mods/addonmakers.

In order for the MLV_Mods addons to be used by more missionmakers/adddonusers, it might be an idea to place the british units under west and the argentine units under resistance. This is not for political reasons, but rather practical reasons and for compatibility with other addons.

For me, this doesn't pose a problem, since I usually edit the configs to my own requirements. Since I don't play MP or release any public missions, there won't be any compatibility problems. But I do understand why a lot of people would rather have the British sided to the west, and it would probably have saved me the work with editing the configs.

Regards  Lt_Phoenix

I'm currently working on editing the configs for my own use, and I could use some accurate info about the British forces so that I can make weapon loadouts and group formations as accurate as possible.

Weaponloadouts:

L2A3 - Issued to mainly to 2nd line support services, tank crews, engineers and artillerymen. Who else was issued them, and who was issued the SD version?

L1A1 - Issued to riflemen. Who was isssued the Trilux version?

M16 + M16/M203 - Issued to to SAS and some Royal Marines (because of them being on their way to jungletraining or something) Who else?

What I need is info on which troops/units were issued the variuos weapons. If somebody could help me out here, I'd be very grateful

*Edit

Just got the answers I needed over at the Falklands Mod forum, so I've got the info I need

Y'all should relax.

Anyway, I get tons of CTD's. Why? I'm not completely sure.

The units look really good, though it seems like vehucle textures could use some "Weathering" to give them some depth (i.e. the landing craft is a bit stark)

Oh, and the speed of that boat is WAAAYYYY TOOO SLOWWW.

The side issue is a bit irritating, but it's your mod, so good on ya!

If someone could send an edited config version to me re-arranging the sides, I would really appreciate it.

My only other gripe is the spanish names, which make it difficult to know what's what.

The sounds are awesome, and the islands, while barren, are a great representation of the islands, thouh the airfields are a bit small, especially considering air power was such an important part of the Falklands war.

It's a lot of fun!

-BreakerOut

please....remove ctds.... sad_o.gifsad_o.gifsad_o.gifsad_o.gifsad_o.gif

why don't the authors fix it? sad_o.gifsad_o.gifsad_o.gif

WEIRD BUT TRUE

The main CTD is caused by the G-wagon. Don't use it and you shouldint CTD. Worked for me.

The mod shouldn't crash regardless of what's on the map. It's a quality issue.

-BreakerOut

By the way, how's the brushfires mod coming? That sig makes my trigger finger all itchy.

-BreakerOut

It's also a beta. You're supposed to report crashes.

I agree. It would be very usefull if you all people report the CTDs in detail, so we can duplicate the same CTD and detect the failure.

Thank you

ARGHh....first show pics at discussion and than release biggrin_o.gif

Nice work... smile_o.gif

raptor wink_o.gif

Hi, i'll like to begin saying that the demo looks very well; the units look fanzy, most of the vehicles look fdanzy, most of the flaying things also look fanzy & i like that zebra style LCU. Now the bugs:

- most of the units don't have mapped the inside of the mouth

- u can't see the head model on most of the units using the

glasses addon.

- the glasses addon don't works in some units

- most of the units hang weird or bad the weapons, over all the pistols

- call the single shot fire mode "Repetición" will cost you some teeth in the spanish armed forces.

- the pants side pockets in all the units argentinians/UK are over sized (they get out from the pants edges)

- The Instalanza launcher of the argentinians have a hole in the left side of the beret; it also have a hole in the union with the pants and the rigth boot.

- why there's an argentinian unit model with a flashbang right where he should have the dick?

- the pukara pilot have the googles strap cutted in 3, in the back side.

- all the vehicles with 2 muzzle flashes have spit smoke only for 1 of the barrels/MG's/whatever

- why the M925 lights are green?

- the pukaras have over 6 M16 muzzleflashes inside the nose while u shoot with the MG's?

- chinook: "sound RampActuator not found"

- in the pukara pilot if u turn ON the nvg's, u'll see 'em pasted at yar face at 1cm, in 1st person view (aiming this don't happen)

- at the left of the LVPT7 commander (where u can't turn more the neck) there's a unmapped zone, like the MG.

- as driver of the LVPT7 u can see in front u some metalic parts of the LVPT7 not attached to anywhere

- the left barrel in that AA gun that have something green to aim, have some holes in that barrel

- i think that are the UK Marines, some of 'em have something clipping through the folded hood

- and... well... he-he-he when u try to land with the GR. Mk3 it do it in the middle of the land; spitting u on the ejection seat, as the plane is dead it shows the dead/crashed anim; but the pilot is alive.

*EDIT

mlv_gr3.jpg

Instead "mi dios, me eyecto me eyecto..." the spanish (even the argentinians) will say: "Dios Mio, eyeción!!, eyeción!!!".

Said as it's showed in the pic looks like that's saying: "Dios miiiiiiooooooohhh ME COOORRROOOO ME COOOORRROOOOO AAHHHHH" but said: mi dios?! no one will say that; even if he/she never went to school. Let's cu

Instead "mi dios, me eyecto me eyecto..." the spanish (even the argentinians) will say: "Dios Mio, eyeción!!, eyeción!!!".

Said as it's showed in the pic looks like that's saying: "Dios miiiiiiooooooohhh ME COOORRROOOO ME COOOORRROOOOO AAHHHHH" but said: mi dios?! no one will say that; even if he/she never went to school. Let's cu

JAJAJAˇˇˇ

biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

yep I think they have to fix these text jejeje...said me eyecto me eyecto sounds funny even in spanish jejeje,,more properly is "me dieron me dieron expulsion"somthing like that in spanish is the correcto way,ok im talking a spanish language in mexico.in argentina is more like a italian spanish....

jejeje ... you on the right!. We have fix that text.

In The new text "pailot" said: "Me pegaron, Me pegaron ... me eyecto!!!"

That sounds better in "Argentine".

Marckasis2 hablas espańol? Sabes entonces que dependiend o de la zona se tienen modos y maneras de hablar distintas como los tienen todos los idiomas. wink_o.gif

Hi, si tio, no sólo hablo espańol sino ke... hasta soy despuńa!! y si killo, ya se ke dependiendo de donde pollas sea cada uno (mexicano, argentino, chileno, colombiano o putorikeńo...) el puto espańol difiere; es más... si me preguntas... te diria ke no rajais kristiano, ke lo ke hablais deviera ser considerado argentino; un idoma poco relacionado con el kristiano, a estas alturas.

But anyway, i just found really funny that sentence... "me eyecto!! me eyecto!!!" was the most funny thing that i've seen in the mod and maybe in the entire OFP; but well, the units & everything look very good. Let's cu

*EDIT: Ostia tio.. ke no leí a kien cojones te referías, joder... kepaleto soy... bueh, ahora es tarde... ahh.. noh vemoh illou.