Sign in to follow this  
Guest major gandhi

Malvinas Mod Open Beta 3 released

Guest major gandhi

from ofp.info

Quote[/b] ]The Cazadores De Monte team has just released a new open beta version 3 of their great Conflicto de Malvinas Mod! The purpose of this version is to get some feedback, especially by playing online on their server where they'll put some MP missions in a near future.

They added a lot of new units compared to their previous version with custom interiors for vehicles, the Argentine units are now using Spanish voices. Sadly this pack doesn't contain any SP or MP mission at the moment so if volunteers are interested to create some they can send them to us at info@ofp.info and we will post them in the news.

You can post comments and feedback in this thread, or contact them directly here!

Here is a list of included addons made by our team member Viper, since there is no readme:

Argentina Units:

# Agusta A 109

# CH 47 C

# Dassault Super Etendard

# Hercule C 130

# IA 58 Pucara

# ITB ( MM 38 missile)

# Kawasaki KE 125

# LVTP 7

# Mercedes Benz 240 GD

# Panhard AML 90

# SA 330 L PUMA

# Roland System AA

# UH 1 Huey

# Unimog ( several version)

# Zodiak

# Unit ( commando, Reng Inf Mec 25, Pilot, Paracardista)

UK Units:

# Defender

# Scorpion/ Scimitar

# Harrier Gr Mk 3

# HC Chinook

# Rapier System AA

# LCU with openable Front Door

# Milan

# Westland Seaking

# Westland Gazelle

# Westland Wessex Has Mk 5

# Zodiak

# Unit (Royal Marine, SAS , SBS)

Features:

# Spanish voices

# Custom Island

# Custom buildings

pics

screen1

screen2

screen3

screen4

for more screens see:

ofp.info

DL1

DL2

Nice one gents. It's nice to see real conflict mods progressing.

smile_o.gif

nice work guys love it escpailly the harrier gr3 biggrin_o.gif

The unimogs and the pucara are elite guys! I like those the best, the whole pack is good though! But the new mogs, and the Pucara light attack plane are really great! blues.gif

i was really excited as i saw the new update, hope to have time to try it out soon smile_o.gif

Everything looks very nice, BUT...

The same problem remains as in previous releases: Argentine units are on the West side and British units are on the East side. crazy_o.gif This means you virtually cannot used this stuff along with what Falklands released. I thought the authors  agreed to change this after the previous beta had been released. I can understand you guys not necessarily like each other  and don't want to cooperate, because the Brits have kicked your asses (sorry, no pun intended  wink_o.gif ) back then, but you could have switched Argentina to Res side at least. rock.gif It'd be much better for all OFP players that way.

... and one more issue: all the inscriptions should be translated to English by using stringtable.csv. This way, the Spanish version users will get Spanish inscriptions and the English version (and any other) users will get English inscriptions. Everybody will be happy and stop wondering what the hell "Cerrar Rampa" is supposed to mean. I know what it means but it's kinda irritating to have all the UI in English and 2 Spanish sentences sticking out. It doesn't look pro. rock.gif

Sorry, about that rant, I just want these very well made addons to get the use they deserve. smile_o.gif

Edit: One more technical issue I've just noticed and sth that may hit the performance: in UserActions sections in your config, look for radius=18100; and decrase radius to ... say 20-30m. Effect will be exactly the same but it'll improve the performance. Looking at your configs... you need somebody to make a major overhaul of them cause there're several major problems in them, like uterly broken addon dependecies, incorrect cfgPatches sections, etc.

Edit2: also a lot of problems with model lighting... search this forum for sharp&smooth edges for solution.

I downloaded this stuff, but don`t have time to test it right now. The main problem with this addons is that the UK troops are on east side. PLEASE, PLEASE change the UK troops to West or resistance side. Imo the argentine forces should be on resistance side. Btw I´m sure this units are good as other stuff released by this team.Keep it up. smile_o.gif

How's the AML90?

Configged as a tank...

Otherwise no complaints about that vehicle...

Unless I checked out the wrong vehicle tounge_o.gif

I'd like to say on behalf of Tales of War... what happened to crediting original authors of some of the work in this pack? You modified our CH-34 Choctaw without my knowledge, and didn't even bother to credit us for the base model and have the audacity to rename the model name! I wouldn't have bothered if you simply included a read me with a simple "Thanks ToW", but I have searched the files included in the install to no avail. The closest I see to a read me is the "armas" text file with the class names for the small arms!

I hope people don't think we're being too harsh here, but I'm not a fan of something we spent a lot of time on being changed and then presented in the way it is without so much as a thank-you, or any kind of say what so ever to the original authors.

This is similar to the time this MOD used models from another MOD (not saying which, but guess. They're doing the same conflict) without their consent. I for one am appalled people are either arrogant or simply too lazy to ask for something which would take a few moments of their time.

It is still a beta, guys.

That doesnt change the fact they stole shit

It might be a case of something stolen or it might be a case of not documenting their sources yet.

I'm just sayin'...

The Dassaut Super Etendard doesn't really looks like the real. wink_o.gif

The cockpit isn't round enough and the airbrakes aren't well-positionned.

really nice guys! good work! i like it!

concider that some of the work isnt even theirs rock.gif

I know that some people feel strongly about the fact that this team may or may not have "stolen" addons from other teams. However I think this is something that should be dealt with in private via PM or email etc... All this finger pointing will result in a big brawl with people taking sides and bitching about the ethics of mod making or it will discourage this mod from doing any more work. Please, if you have a problem contact malvinas in private and ask them to source their material, the public doesn't need to get involved.

I'm not trying to stand up for malvinas team or start anything but I that this should be dealt with in private rather than start a something up. I realize that the team who may or may not have had work stolen are probably pissed and have every right to decree that their work has been stolen (shit, so would I!) but I think it would be really cool and proffessional to do this in private, if they refuse to source their work then perhaps that is the proper time for a public "lashing".

It is still a beta, guys.

That doesnt change the fact they stole shit

You mean your own work is 'shit' tounge_o.gif .

Chill out people , i think they forgot to add it in the readme or something , a reasonable explanation is probably there. The language barrier usually causes such problems here.

I wish someone else host the file though as ofp.info doesnt suppot getright and i cant get it in go from there servers as its too slow and cancels in between crazy_o.gif .

Oh and BTW, the mod looks nice, but i keep having CTDs, i think it has to do with looking at certain building. I seem to crash only when I look at the settlements, esspecially Stanley.

Are there any British Para's in the mod? They were in the first beta as I recall...

Royal Marine Commandos, Paras, SB and SAS, think the unit list has been posted on the first page