Sign in to follow this  
Guest major gandhi

Malvinas Mod Open Beta 3 released

I'm dloading this now and I'm sure I'll be happy with the mod although I remember moaning about east and west sides the last time there was a release and no one from their mod seemed to understand what the fuss was about.

What it does do is limit the use of this mod's addons with other addons and shortens the mods lifespan over longterm.

I like to mix mods myself and thats what gets used...not the addons that isolate themselves for whatever reason.

so this mod is only compatible with this mod cant put other addons in it or what rock.gif  if i got the addons in the main folder it wont work rock.gif or will it rock.gifrock.gifrock.gifrock.gif

I know that some people feel strongly about the fact that this team may or may not have "stolen" addons from other teams. However I think this is something that should be dealt with in private via PM or email etc..

The more publicly they are shown to steal addons, the less credit they can take for the work.

I hope it would discourage them from making addons, becuase really it shouldn't be welcomed into the community and the teams that do it shouldn't be hosted.

If people don't deserve credit for work, they shouldn't get it.

There have been so much crap-throwing in the community over addon ownership and it makes me wonder why people DO NOT learn from it.

It must be lazyness or stupidity.

rock.gif

chill out, it's not any of your addon except that one guy's, just shut up and comment about the mod for the love of God. it's none of your business.

Actually this isn't the first time they've used other people's work and not credited the proper people. I'll leave you to work out who I'm talking about.

chill out, it's not any of your addon except that one guy's, just shut up and comment about the mod for the love of God. it's none of your business.

Watch you language and attitude boy. We like polite and good manner here, so don't cross the line of no return.

IT is our business as we all take responsibility for what the OFP community is. We create it, all of us not just a small group of people.

i agree with mad max in that this mod stole sum things in the past and should rightly have givin credit

and i agree with gordy on the prospect of keeping a good well mannered discussion that we will in fact talk about blues.gif

Anyway, as I was saying on your own forum... hell, I'll organize it:

Why should the Argentine troops be on the East?

Well, geographically, Britain is, of course, East. But, politcally, which is what most addon makers base their side placement on, Argentina was East in this case. So making it this way, you would screw up a system that has been used by a lot of people. Hold on, let me demonstrate: If some person wants to use some modern British troops against the Argentine units in this mod, in order to even try this, he would have to make a mission in the editor, and edit the mission.sqm file to make them able to engage oneanother.

Personally, I perceive placing the Argentine troops on the west as comparing them with some of the, well, don't take this personally, but, "more developed" countries. Let me elaborate on this: If someone was to make some Saudi-Arabian soldiers, he would most likely not place them on the West side because of the country's political status, unless he himself was a Saudi... do you get where I'm going with this, or...?

This is actually a pretty complex issue, lots of was to see this thing from. crazy_o.gif

looks nice and all, but you MUST give credit where credit is due, its just good form.

Exactly SV5000. And no "clever" people telling us not to worry because "it's not your addons!!!11" is going to stop me commenting on something which is wrong, and could easily be righted by this little-known thing called a README.

I would say something being stolen from other community members IS our buisness.

Well this mod still needs TONS of work to be done. I was hoping that it would tide me over until Falklands mod came out, but I guess not. There are tons of textures left out on the units and the weapons. The units themselves seem kind of rugged and older not to todays standard..and the brits on east is really odd.

Im guessing it's lack of comunication on their side because they don't speak the best english and do not actually visit this forum anyway except for catcuba but i ain't seen him in a while. This website is not the only OFP community and any discussion i feel about the theft of addons should be resolved in the form of PM's, the work they have done themselves seems of good quality and for someone to tell them to stop making addons because of recent events is a little harsh imho.

I do recall a comment made where someone was offended by being told to place Argentina in the east as they took it as making them out to be "evil" or a "the bad guys". These arent actual quotes but basically it was the argument.

In other words, countries that arent "pro USA" go to the East.

This isnt true...it's strictly gameplay. smile_o.gif

...or is it?  wink_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

I keep getting CTDs when I am on the eastern half of the island around bluff cove and stanley. I think it has to do with a certain rock or building model because it only happens when I look at certain things. Anyone else having this issue? Too bad because most everything else is kinda neat but I can't really make missions if I can't use the island. I hope someone fixes this.

CTD same as above post.

As well, The Brits have untexed LODS from a good distance.

All in all though, theres some great stuff in here. smile_o.gif

I do recall a comment made where someone was offended by being told to place Argentina in the east as they took it as making them out to be "evil" or a "the bad guys". These arent actual quotes but basically it was the argument.

They could have at least place Argentina on the Res side. The Brits on the East side is total absurd. mad_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

They could have at least place Argentina on the Res side. The Brits on the East side is total absurd.  mad_o.gif  crazy_o.gif

I agree. I'm not saying that the Brits ashould be the 'good guys', but it's just that the US is already on the west side in OFP.

I think that every country that is an ally of the US should be on the West side, every contry that's more or less an ally to russia should be on th eat and a country that doens't have friendly relations with both should be in resistance.

again; this has nothing to do with 'good' or 'bad' side

True, it prevents us to play US troops alongside British ones for others operations/hand-made missions. We only have US troops fighting British troops. Have I missed something during the Cold War ? Or is a new Independance War coming along ? biggrin_o.gif

But, Argentinian governement war really far from being communist. Rather the opposite. So East side is also a non-sense for them.

Effectively, the best choice would logically be Resistance for Argentina, able to fight UK and USSR with its allies.

However, within the same logic, I do hope that Argentina in 1982 : Flashpoint in the Falklands will be configurated as Resistance and not East, as it would be as senseless as UK being in Eastern side.

However, within the same logic, I do hope that Argentina in 1982 : Flashpoint in the Falklands will be configurated as Resistance and not East, as it would be as senseless as UK being in Eastern side.

We have Argentina on the Civilian side just to make it even more confusing tounge_o.gif

Any ideas on the source of the CTDs or is everyone just huffing about the way the units are sided? canadian terror, maybe we should talk on msn since nobody else seems to care about the MOD itself, only the politics of it.

@ April 07 2005,14:19)]

We have Argentina on the Civilian side just to make it even more confusing tounge_o.gif

I suggest putting the brits in the EMPTY class then tounge_o.gif .

Am I the only one that can crashland with the Etendards on mountains and grasslands and just get up again with no problem? And I mean CRASH-land. Not really crash but a landing that would make any other plane in OFP explode ten times...

I knew from previous releases that the UK would be east, whether its politics or a kick in the teeth to the Brits (which Im one) who knows and cares.  There are alot of nice units in this MOD and its very playable.  Just think of it this way,,  Malvinas done us a favour,, we can now make war against US :P np hehehehe (being EAST)

eh Mucho Gracias Malvinas biggrin_o.gif

edit: To batdog below,, nothing wrong with trying them both,, say one to tie us over until the next. (no disrespect to malvinas) biggrin_o.gif

You british Commies tounge_o.gif

I havnt downloaded it yet, but i will soon. Or maybe I'll wait for 1982: FITF smile_o.gif