Sign in to follow this  
Guest major gandhi

Malvinas Mod Open Beta 3 released

I like the stuff they have done. The infantry, whilst not up to the standard of some units, really has that early eighties feel about it. I'll definetly be keeping this on my HDD for a while. I really like the altered icons for the units on the map in editor.

Just one point though, the Harrier doesen't seem to have a VTOL mode, but it looks really nice and the cannon has an excellrent rate of fire!!

Will there be any missions in the near future? I'm already thinking of a couple for those cool looking SAS units.

I had quick look at the mod, and I like what has been done so far.

I have only one query that is on the rifle the British units are using, as far as I was aware(from what little research I have done and talk to a friend who was in the TA) the British SLR (UK version of the FAL) was semi-automatic only.

See this web sight for details

http://world.guns.ru/assault/as24f-e.htm

Yay we can use the AML 90 at last!

I hope you guys remember giving me permission to mod it?

And the Scorp.

Back on topic cant wait to try this guys...last beta was pretty cool. this should be amazing

Any ideas on the source of the CTDs or is everyone just huffing about the way the units are sided? canadian terror, maybe we should talk on msn since nobody else seems to care about the MOD itself, only the politics of it.

The Mercedes G-wagen causes CTDs for me at least, looks like one of the view LODs is dodgy.

Agent, you can just remove the "Auto" mode from the SLR mag in the FAL/SLR config smile_o.gif

Some missing textures on the Para helmets, the soldier units are ok, main complaint is, like most people, the UK units are on East

the British SLR (UK version of the FAL) was semi-automatic only.

AFAIR it was and is more commonly known as L1A1.

So alot of people are having problems with the G-wagon? I'll try looking around the map without the G-wagon, now that I think about it there was always a G-wagon present in the areas of the map when I crashed. Dothe people who crashed with the G-wagon, are you able to go around the vicinity of bluff cove and stanley without crashing if a G-wagon is not present? If so that would be sweet because I can make a few missions minus the wagon which I don't find very important.

I'd like to say on behalf of Tales of War... what happened to crediting original authors of some of the work in this pack? You modified our CH-34 Choctaw without my knowledge, and didn't even bother to credit us for the base model and have the audacity to rename the model name! I wouldn't have bothered if you simply included a read me with a simple "Thanks ToW", but I have searched the files included in the install to no avail. The closest I see to a read me is the "armas" text file with the class names for the small arms!

I hope people don't think we're being too harsh here, but I'm not a fan of something we spent a lot of time on being changed and then presented in the way it is without so much as a thank-you, or any kind of say what so ever to the original authors.

This is similar to the time this MOD used models from another MOD (not saying which, but guess. They're doing the same conflict) without their consent. I for one am appalled people are either arrogant or simply too lazy to ask for something which would take a few moments of their time.

Very "really sorry", do you on the rigth way ...

Shortly they will be able to see copyright`s of the models.

As always say "Just a game, that`s all"

wink_o.gifwink_o.gifwink_o.gif

Thanks for notes to all. Really. But this project was extending too much and no longer there were the desire of always. But, we wanted to share it, by incomplete that is seen, with all community OFP

pd: my english is too bad tounge_o.gif

I noticed some kind of error msg with one of the officers (i cant remember which side or what) but im trying to redo the error.

I got a crash shortly after.

Quote[/b] ]Thanks for notes to all. Really. But this project was extending too much and no longer there were the desire of always. But, we wanted to share it, by incomplete that is seen, with all community OFP

I hope they find an interest in fixing the CTD problem as I do like this mod but thats killing it for me...well that and the eastern block communist british.  biggrin_o.gif

Thanks for notes to all. Really. But this project was extending too much and no longer there were the desire of always. But, we wanted to share it, by incomplete that is seen, with all community OFP

pd: my english is too bad tounge_o.gif

Are we to gather from this that it is the "final" pack from Malvinas mod we will be seeing? (Like with OPGWC)

I thought it was just a beta before the final release...

Ok, I was testing out units and the island and it seems that my previous CTDs were caused by the G-wagon not stanley or bluff cove as I had thought before.

Now I have concluded that this mod is pretty sweet. Sure the siding of the units sucks but since its a full mod that doesn't really matter because I don't need to use other addons (I may use that LSD for the brits to start off on some missions).

I really like the 35mm gun and that IBD or whatever that huge guided missle launcher is called.

I'll have to make some missions when I have the time.

the British SLR (UK version of the FAL) was semi-automatic only.

AFAIR it was and is more commonly known as L1A1.

Rifle 7.62 mm L1A1 is the official designation. SLR is a generic

term (an M16 is an SLR for example), but was a commonly

used term for the rifle as used by the British Army (in fact we

usually pronounced it like "slar" and not S.L.R.). I haven't

seen the new Malvinas issue yet (it's too big to download in a

hurry) but I remember noticing that the British SLRs in the

first issue had wooden furniture which is wrong for 1982 (it

should be black plastic) - apart from the howler that has

British rifles with auto fire and Argie ones with repetition

only.  biggrin_o.gif

@Ash - I like the irony of putting the Argentineans in the Civilian class  biggrin_o.gif

Nah we're having the Argentines as the 'evil east' i'm afraid...

txs for the release guys, muchas gracias ;)

p.s: you should check the island textures, as it causes CDT in editor if you zoom out on the map.

In this release both wood and black SLRs and a trilux equipped black SLR are now avalible. However, the SLRs have semi and full auto fire modes. Theres also a new cold commando which is the BIS version but modified to have 2 20 round mags taped together.

The SAS and SBS units are much improved since the last release. However, some of the para units have green smocks with DPM pants instead of DPM smocks and green pants.

@ April 08 2005,05:47)]Nah we're having the Argentines as the 'evil east' i'm afraid...

He He He, you right! ... "the evil east"

tounge_o.giftounge_o.giftounge_o.gif

First of all, i would like to thank to all the guys who reply feedback, opened mirrors, played Lan...This means that you guys have dedicated REAL time to our mod, give us an honest chance. You all know who you are.

We are going to list all errors reported here and trie to fix them in our next release.

Also thanx to Placebo, for fixing my forum account.

Now, as team leader i must reply to all complains here.

Side issue: This was a problem to some people from the beggining and it will be, because as we said 1000 times, they will remain like this. Feel free to change the side in the the pbo if you want to use them with other addons/mods.

This brings me to the other big problem.

The addons stealing: I was i charge of the responsability to ask permission. As some of you might know i have some heavy personal problems wich forced me to take a "vacation" in OFP community for about a year. During this period of time, our mod was still rolling (with very few members and very limited). The c130 was modified also during this period of time and this is why we (I) did not ask permission to the author. As far as I know, it's the only addon we have no permission. We have addons from swiss mod, taiwan shop, Select this, etc.

Still, I will contact the author of the c130 to apologie and explain this.

This beta version has no readme because of the lack of time.

Some MP missions are under development at this moment.

This version is not "that polite" because it's not final, we need the feedback.

Last, i would like to ask you guys to keep the topic clean so it's not closed.

Thank for your time.

hmm is this just me or some sounds from Counter Strike?  tounge_o.gif

Also.. C130 gives CTD for me dont know why... when i turn on engines game crashes

Ok, I develop a little about the Dassaut Super Etendard. I'm also making one and I've noticed some problems :

- cockpit a little too triangular

- flaps aren't animated

- you confused ailerons and flaps (when one transfers, in fact the flaps move)

- elevator is bad, you have animated flaps of empennage

- gear landing rather... unreal

- Exocet missile a little too powerful (deflagration in a radius of 50 m)

- blue a little too dark, white a little too white

- air-brakes not at the right place, which starts only when they want well, with a ridiculous angle

(Google translation) tounge_o.gif