Sign in to follow this  
SpecOp9

Star Wars mod

unfotunatly that is not possible you can have only 1 firing point AFAIK so in AA if BIS fix this limitation and other limitations than we can make allmost everything wink_o.gif

But for now I am afraid that you must make it fire from 1 point.

Think out of the box:-

1. What makes a 'weapon'?

2. Does a weapon need a gunner to be seen?

3. How do we 'hide' the gunner?

4. Can such 'hidden' gunners be linked as a team?

The answer to the above is:-

1. a weapon is static class. Added a gunner, ai and player can fire the weapon

2. once a command is given, the weapon will fire. The gunner is only a graphic.

3. How do tanks hide the gunners? How do we hide textures and make a soldier invisible anyway?

4. You can createVehicle, but the vehicle will be without troops. You will have to create troops to man the vehicle(weapon). Such troop creation have to have a leader. The leader will be the one to determine threats.

All this is possible and can be done. You can strip my jap destroyer as a reference. It has 12 gunners seen and unseen and is commanded by the AI or the Player manning the vehicle. ( Attachment script of weapons and more critically, movein gunner scripts - the backbone of your command and fire systems, have to be used)

12 seperate gunners with different weapons and their own crosshair or do they aim all on the same target? Or can the leader (player) select a particular weapon and with that select a particular gunner (weapon which has the particular weapon config)?

BTW: Where i can get your jap destroyer?

THe HAVw-A6-Juggernaut has two turrets, and a lot of other seperate weapons system all over the tank. i wanted that you can select a weapon and fire with that weapon. But the AI has all weapon systems select and can make a big firework at the same time.

To create an addon with 12 gunners is impossible in ofp1.

The only way is to workaround the issue by using attachment scripts. It is really stressful and plenty of hardwork and should only be done if you really want it badly enough. The first time is always the tougest but after that, its a breeze.

By have 12 different attachments, you can have 12 firing points and 12 different scopes and 12 different everything. Even 12 different placement anywhere on your vehicle.

The destroyer is in ofp cz. I could do the script for you and even teach you how to do it, but ultimately, if you dont do it yourself, you wont have the chance to learn and expand on such information painstalkingly pioneered by others. A thousand virtual objects awaits your pioneering dreams.

Have confidence in yourself. It can be done. Many of the pioneers started with nothing and created something. You too, will be able to bring ofp to higher levels, which even ofp2 wont be able to compete against you. Whatever you want badly enough into ofp1, it can be done. All the best! smile_o.gif

Im very grateful to you taht i can count with your scriptnig skills. So the two turrets of the Juggernaut will be seperate .p3d yes? I will contact you, as soon as i have finished the whole juggernaut p3d. wink_o.gif

Before you go headon onto creating the model, Take note:-

1. U will need a p3d for a basic vehicle (w/o weapons) with resolution.

2. U will need a p3d for each weapon

3. Each of the 12 weapons p3d must take reference from its precise position on the main basic vehicle.

4. U can use my troop movein scripts.

5. u will have to ask for others for their updated attachments scripts which will enable your vehicle to move up slopes as the current attachment scripts only allows straight level movement.

6. Again, i stress; u must attempt to understand it all first, then you will not be at the mercy of others' time.

I would need just two additional weapon turrets .p3d. The tank has a normal driver,gunner,commander crew in OF

aca_turbotank.jpg

<span style='color:green'>Turret 1</span> - can be the normal gunner

<span style='color:red'>Turret 2</span> - has to be a additional p3d (horizontal turning) (no gunner visible)

<span style='color:blue'>Turret 1</span> - has to be a additional p3d (vertical turning) (no gunner visible)

I think for the grenades and rockets i take proxies and for the laser the normal l strella // p strella definitions

trailer086.jpg

Quote[/b] ]It had five sets of wheels and had cockpits on each end of the craft, thus being capable of going in opposite directions without turning.

Armed with three heavy laser cannons, one medium blaster cannon and two concussion grenade launchers. Could carry up to 50 troops or several light military speeders, speeder bikes and other small repulsorcraft.

good luck getting that thing into ofp crazy_o.gif

It sure will be fun to try smile_o.gif

While of course we're limited to the game engine, that big boy will probably make an appearance.

Anyway good news, we're in the stages of making a demo pack for folks to download.

This demo takes place on Geonosis, the great rocky/mars-like planet that the Clones and droids fight on in Episode II.

The demo will come with a 7 mission Campaign, and a few Multiplayer missions.  Release date of this demo is not known yet, but because I'm nice, I'll give a guess, that we may see a release of this demo around sometime in late september or early october.  

Of course we arent going to deprive you from having fun during your wait, Acacyn will release his Clone Pack soon, we'll always post screenshots and videos until it comes out.

Geonosis1.jpg

Small canyon I made, will get better over time... I pinky promise.

This Mod is awsome! i only have the ARC-170, the lambda shuttle, the YT-1300(millenium falcon) and the Tie fighters oh and the N1 starfighter.

i intend on downloading cell 7's xwing eventually and all the other addons that have anything to do with starwars... i just gotta find somewhere i can DL them.

and yeah SWG did make the AT AT way out of proportion. and SWG is fun.

You can get practicaly everything from ofp cz .I think all the star wars related addons are on there, just search.

We will probably put some of the already-released addons onto our website

Nice site. smile_o.gif

Can't wait for some decent troops/weapons. thumbs-up.gif

Ok, i know i said something about no pics of my <span style='color:green'>Clones Pack </span>until the release and.....yes,.... doesnt matter, here are <span style='font-size:25pt;line-height:100%'>NEW PICS!!!!</span>

All textures will be created at the end of the whole work. All textures you see are just alpha textures and will be replaced by high-res textures. A lot of models are done, the only problem are the textures as already mentioned.

Unfortunately my trial version of Paint Shop Pro 9 is over so i need a new photo editing tool where i can create alpha textures. Do someone know a tool for free?

aca_cp_ep2_work04.jpg

aca_cp_ep2_work03.jpg

aca_cp_ep2_work02.jpg

aca_cp_ep2_work01.jpg

aca_cp_ep3_work01.jpg

The <span style='color:green'>Clones Pack</span>is available very soon. Its just fun to make battles with Clones against Droids!!!! I hope that there will be several variants of CIS Droids when i release my <span style='color:green'>Clones Pack</span>

Section name trouble: I had to deform the clone body so it looks ugly in O2 but very nice in OFP. But there are problems with the poxies= if you enter a ship/car etc you see a little bit of the deformation, but im happy about the result of hours and hours of very hard work to get those troopers work in OFP!!! :wink:

Unfortunately my trial version of Paint Shop Pro 9 is over so i need a new photo editing tool where i can create alpha textures. Do someone know a tool for free?

Gimp shop

They look very impressive! biggrin_o.gif

Only thing is they look a little.. clean.. Maybe another version of one or two of them with dirt/scratches on their, erm.. body? Armour?

..wait a second, I looked closer at the pictures and saw there is dirt on them icon_rolleyes.gif

More informed question/suggestion : What are the "blood" like? Doing these as big dents and scratches would work really well. That way you could setdammage them to give them dents etc smile_o.gif

For image editing, not free, but I suggest Paint Shop Pro 7 (best out of all the PSP versions, I found 8 and 9 took ages to load up, PSP6 loaded up in a second or two, and PSP7 the same, after that they got to Photoshop loading times.). Photoshop Elements is a cutdown version of PS, which should do alpha channels (Think it just has less effects/filters etc, but I suggest you check)

The GIMP stuff seems fairly well featured, but I've never used it (I always use a combination of PSP7 and Photoshop 7)

Anyway, once again it looks good, good luck with the rest of the mod, can't wait smile_o.gif

- Ben

Thanky you DBR_Onix.

They look dirty but you cant really see it on the pics, but as i said. ALL TEXTURES WILL BE REPLACED BY HIGH-RES TEXTURES wink_o.gif

..well it wasn't me.. tounge2.gif

It was in this thread and then disappeared? (I.e you didn't press preview and close the window or something?).. *Shrugs*

Thanky you DBR_Onix.

They look dirty but you cant really see it on the pics, but as i said. ALL TEXTURES WILL BE REPLACED BY HIGH-RES TEXTURES wink_o.gif

Ah, missed that, sorry tounge2.gif

Will you provide a low-res texture version for lower-end PCs? Just now they look fine, and the dirt etc will be a lot more visible at full-screen compared to 200pixel tall screenshots tounge2.gif

And big texture sizes could really screw performace when there's a lot of units on screen, espiccaly on slower PCs

And since your going to be making two sets of textures, it'd seem a shame to wipe one lot of them

- Ben

@Matt Rochelle: I cant see a post by you, except the one beneath my last.

@DBR_Onix: There will be a high-res version and a low-res version of teh Clones Pack and of the Weapon Pack. The textures of the low-res Clone Pack will be pics of the high-res Clones. I also have a lower-end pc but with a lot of clone troops the game runs fluently.

On the pics you see the high-res version of the clones. A trooper has about 3000 points and about 3700 faces. crazy_o.gif Dont be scared, in the low-res version he will has just about 1000 points.

Its possible to play with them, believe me.

Acacyn

if u still have problem with them dont hesitate to pm me

ill help u once more

deforming a soldier in oxygen isnt a good idea

Actually it works very well. As you can see on the pics.. wink_o.gif

aca_cp_ep3_work03.jpg

The only problems are still the hands and the little bit deformed body if its in a driver/cargo porxy position. But nevermind, i try to fix this too... But thank you for your offer. (Very nice mercenaries, Jenny wink_o.gif )

BTW: Another pic tounge2.gif

aca_cp_ep3_work02.jpg