Sign in to follow this  
SpecOp9

Star Wars mod

Well The 4th of July isnt looking too good for the Star Wars mod.  2 great members have left, or may be leaving for personal reasons...

Gimson, our project leader has left the mod due to being somewhat busy and not having much spare time to contribute towards the mod.

Killer-Tobias, our most valuable addon maker may also be punching out of the mod for personal reasons as well.

We wish Gimson, and Killer-Tobias good luck in their future plans, whatever it may be,  and I'm sure we will hear from them again sometime down the line.

What does this mean for the Star Wars mod?

The remains of the team (not many people) will do what they can to get the mod done, to ensure Operation Flashpoint and Star Wars fans get what they have been wanting for years.

Personally, this is becoming a huge pain in the ass. Since 2002, when I was in the Operation SciFi mod, not much has been done. Archangel, Radix and MJDore, the very first starters of a Star Wars mod for OFP, have not been heard from. But I did see Archangels post in LordHorus's thread.

5 years later, a new mod starts up, and now it appears to be dwindling to yet another failure. There must be some type of curse with LucasFilms and Bohemia Interactive, because the two branching products just never mix...Star Wars and Operation Flashpoint.

We'll stick around for Armed Assault and OFP2, which will probably give us major leverage... If only addonmakers fell from the sky, would we not be where we are right now....

A few changes are going to be done with the mod, with what you have heard. Acacyn is working on a Clone War campaign known as "Renegades". Coruscant is still being made, Tatooine will still be made. The problem with mods like these rely on intellect. Most folks who work on a Star Wars mod, are still young, between the ages of 14 to 21 or so. We are all young folks working, or trying to work on this mod.

The golden question is what will happen in the future?

I have no idea. We'll find out soon enough.

An idea.

Release some single addons.

Get people interested in the mod/discussion.

Get some people to help out who arent 13...this might happen with some exposure.

Good idea. However, we still appeal to Addon makers and Island makers to join us and help us out here. This mod WILL be kept alive, but without new members it will move a hell of a lot slower.

Quote[/b] ]cell7 (GALAXY AT WAR FORUM)

Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:49 pm  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know I'm not a member but I do what I can. Each day I come across different obstacles regarding add-on making and learn a little more. When I saw how the Star Wars mod has picked up momentum I got court up in its energy and now things seems to be a little sluggish with the exception of some and only a few who try to keep it alive. I hope those who feel satisfaction by creating somthing from nothing get inspired to continue their work for the enjoyment of others.

I for one hope the work done already by the star Wars mod can come to some fruition.

As cell7 said: The STAR WARS MOD needs YOU!!!.

welcome.gifJOIN NOWwelcome.gif

Get the new Promotion Video here {by SpecOp9)

Guest The Cobra

Check this page out for alot about Starwars.

I could help with animations if you want to

We'd love any help we can get smile_o.gif Do you have any animation examples?

Guest The Cobra
We'd love any help we can get smile_o.gif  Do you have any animation examples?

No, all went away when the my computer chrashed a while ago... Sorry

I'm "halfgood" at making missions to smile_o.gif

We might have a Rancor for you, if you wouldnt mind animating that

rancor.JPG

More screenshots I guess I'll post them:

A base that Acacyn made, we will probably use for a Rebel or Imperial base:

2aca_base02.jpg

2aca_base06.jpg

2aca_base10.jpg

2aca_base09.jpg

Also here are some desktops for the Campaign that will be released for both Operation Flashpoint and Armed Assault.

Jango - Boba

Tie Pilot

Cinematic Vader

Well my A-Wing has just normal textures without glowing confused_o.gif , but in SW the most ships have a red glowing , but i think it wouldn't matter if they have flames or? wink_o.gif

Awing2.jpg

Awing1.jpg

Its simple to make a texture glow.

make a selection in O2, than press Shift+E or go to: Points/Properties...

than select Shining at the bottom. There are also some scripts, that the ship engine start glowing if the engine gets on.. Download Cell7`s Xwing or the A-Wing/Y-Wing/Millenium Falcon by Karrillon

Does the flame look like fire flames or like si-fi flames? Because, actually there are no flames in SW...just glowing... biggrin_o.gif

Guest The Cobra

notworthy.gifthumbs-up.gif

That's from the intro cutscene... We havent really made a "playable" version of the Space world yet

WOW, that was huge number of ships u used there, very impressive ideed.

What kind of Star Destroyers r they? I dont recon seeing then in the "New Hope" time table.

The campaign takes place after Episode III and before "A New Hope"... The ships there where the Republic Assault Ships.  About midway through the Campaign, they will eventually evolve into the Imperial Class Star Destroyer.

The textures are only temporary, even the Death Star will have alot of modifications done it.  (right now it's the Death Star from ROTJ) so I'll be making my own variant that nobody has seen before in the movies...slightly less disfigured and unbuilt from what you see there

Another screenshot..

http://www.galaxyatwar.zorbtek.com/images/screenshots/RepublicBS.jpg

If you're aiming the campaign to be between Episodes 3 and 4 then you'll want to model the Republic Attack Crusier (or the Venator class Star Destroyer as it became known under the First Galactic Empire) rather than the Republic Assault Ship (or Acclamator-class trans-galactic military transport ship) you have there.

The RAS were replaced/superceded by the RAC during the early Clone Wars (between EP2 and EP3) wink_o.gif

I tried finding photos of it, there was nothing huh.gif

Hey thanks for those!!  I'll probably make them real soon...

Thanks for pointing that out Deadmeat wink_o.gif  I can't wait for Episode III to come out on video so I can watch it over and over until I get everything down perfect from that movie  yay.gif

(thats why it's difficult doing a campaign in this time period)  goodnight.gif

(this probably means those ships you see will be replaced by the photos...I like how they look much more anyway)