Sign in to follow this  
SpecOp9

Star Wars mod

SWsig3.jpg

We have released a Teaser Trailer #1

http://ofpscifi.zorbtek.com/videos/SWmodTeaser1.wmv

This here is our first teaser trailer released by the Star Wars mod.  We want to make clear all footage is actual in-game footage, without any video editing, or special effects.  You can even expect the final product to surpass the quality shown in this video.  Soon we will be releasing new screen shots along with an even longer Teaser Trailer.  We are also really hoping that we can find more members to help us.  So please feel free to contact us on our web site at www.zorbtek.com/ofpscifi/

After viewing this teaser I felt just like whenever I used to watch the SW teasers in the theatres, wanting more. Unfortunately I'm not skilled in O2 with either texturing or modeling talents, I hope you guys find the talents you are looking for soon. Awesome trailer guys!

Space addon? Or he filmed it at night from the bottom upwards...

There was a space addon released ages ago, unfortunaly it wasn't updated and it was buggy. Will you guys have a space aspact to the mod? Or will it be solely based on land?

So i watch the trailer.

I noticed the units are ones I...um...already have?

I dont think you guys made those did you? rock.gif

This looks brilliant biggrin_o.gif

Nice trailer guys wink_o.gif

Hope that that is an actully space enviroment? or isit just an edited night sky with a lovely planet on film from the floor upwards?

And Silent, that space addon relased a while ago, when u got to 'space' it wasnt actully a proper free roaming space that you could move around in. But rather a dome like building with textured walls and a spinning earth at the bottom of the 'floor' of this dome like building. And the space craft was suspended in the middle. So no it wasnt truely a Space enviroment just an ilusion.

Any way, if these guys have some how managed to make a space enviroment it would be damn cool if we could have some massive star destoryers and such biggrin_o.gif with a few setposed multiple turrets attached to it. Maybe even the ability to walk around in side one? if you can manage to get the cliping to a bare minimil. Would make for some intresting multiplayer Boarding mission + big space fights. tounge_o.gif

If Aras enables fighting above 15 000 meters (without being shaken to death/crashing to desktop) it would be possible I guess. set viewdistance to 3000, and go for it biggrin_o.gif

However, something you must not forget is that a stardestroyer is around a whopping SIXTEEN HUNDRED meters (I did some research yesterday for a guy making some clone war addons). objects that big in OFP are... not going to work. tounge_o.gif

I should explain a bit...

As for the space combat and/or travel, I'm personally trying to develop a way to make this possible.  What ive done so far is attatched a massive space box around an entire X-Wing.  And it's textured with stars, and the face properties are set to "glowing" so when you fly around, the box follows you, and it feels like you're in an infinite vortex of space.  With a little scripting of vehicle actions and other things, it's possible.  But not easy to do.

You cant say it's not possible, simply because nobody, with the acception of Black Baron, has ever taken the initiative to focus on a galactic world the player can explore.

As for the Star Destroyer, boy am I glad somebody mentioned that.

While definately not possible to fly and make an actual vehicle (well, we would have to wait and see), this is for the people who say if an object is too large in OFP, the game fucks itself.  This is not true, and whoever has been testing this theory hasnt done a very good job of proving it and/or has failed miserably.

This is a small clip I made just now showing off a simple could-be Star Destroyer.  I just for now made a simple model, and basic textures.

StarDestroy.jpg

http://www.roughnecks.org/specop/Files/StarDestroyer.wmv

A few things I want to point out,

1. It's size is huge.  It's THE actual size.

2. I didnt put any collision detection on the ship

Notice when I run the ship barely even moves.

I had to place the ship across the entire map or else it would still be directly over me.

This ship will mainly be for show.  There will be nothing more satisfying for a Star Wars fan, and a fan of OFP to be running around on Tatooine, and when he looks up he can see a massive Star Destroyer hovering over the planet.

I got this idea from Star Wars Galaxies.

So far I made 4 versions of the Addon, Small - For people who cant have high view distances, Medium, for anything, Large, for large view distances, and Extra large, was in the video you saw, the big ass mofo

That is amazing!!!!!!!

You rock dude!!! biggrin_o.gif

those ship look GREAT (no pun intended tounge_o.gif ) they will add alot of atmosphere to missions, this is like a Damocles Sword hovering above the head, good job on tearing another game limitation/myth apart smile_o.gif

ooo! imagine the lightning effects in Aras! biggrin_o.gif

*wants* biggrin_o.gif

I didn't say the engine couln't handle it, just saying what you demonstrated: it simply doesn't work in a mission. this was on desert island, with only you, and a low poly star destroyer. and you had to put the viewdistance up to IDontKnowHowManyMeters to make it "work".

A lowpoly stardestroyer wont work, since it's closer to "earth" it will have a different depth effect. and move too much compared with the sky.

Well it could certainly work on a Kamino based mission

I'm releasing information about the Campaign

Minions of the Empire

The galaxy is in dismay after the destruction of the Jedi Knights. The new republic pushes forward to bring order in the galaxy with the creation of an Empire to replace the Jedi Republic.

Baffled by the actions of the republic and the senate, a small band of Rebels take action in hopes of ending the galactic struggle and fight against the Empire to destroy it once and for all.

The Jedi warriors Obi Wan Kenobi and Yoda, hold a secret meeting discussing the few last survivors of the Jedi Knights, and a future plan that could destroy the Empire, bring back the Jedi Order, and free the galaxy of the darkness...

Story Outline: This takes place after Episode III and before Episode 4. You assume control of many different characters, one being a member of the newly established Rebel Alliance. You will meet around 5 Jedi Knights that have survived the attack on the Jedi. Darth Vader, as displayed in this picture, will have orders from the Emperor to destroy the remaining Jedi.

Thankfully Episode III didnt say "ALL THE JEDI ARE DEAD"

Which means, after Episode III, there could very well be Jedi still alive who ahve not yet been hunted down and killed.

PromoPic1forum.jpg

RISE of the EMPIRE is an extra Campaign, the actual Star Wars mod has plans for their own.

Screenshots will be displayed in this forum thread, so check back every so often to view the ultimate power of this battlestation.

Many familiar faces will show up eventually over time from the original movies. We'll know why Jabba calls Chewy, the "mighty Chewbacca", we'll see how Han Solo and Chewbacca meet up, we'll see the rest of the Jedi be killed by Darth Vader, we'll see Yoda get on Dagobah. We'll see why Boba Fett is the most feared Bounty Hunter in the galaxy, we'll see the evoution of the Empire's new AT ATs, AT STs, Star Destroyers, and Death Star. Basically picking up where Episode III left off.

I'm damn happy George Lucas left a HUGE fun gap for people to make stories for, and with a new trailer that I'll be making soon, we'll see the beggining of this gap through the T.V. series, and videogame mods, comic books, and other things.

You can almost concider this two Star Wars mods in one. The Star Wars mod being led by Gimson, and the Star Wars campaign by me, that will feature addons both sides will make. Of course this is not a seperation, we'll be working very close together.

The mod is taking the initiative to tackle the actual mod, and I'm taking the initiative to create a masterpiece worthy Campaign, for Operation Flashpoint fans to finally rejoice in a great campaign, something people have longed for.

Minions of the Empire will be made by Zorbtek Studios, and we'll be working with our first big affiliate, the Star Wars mod.

In a sense, you can concider Zorbtek being the "Codemasters: Red Hammer" campaign, and the Star Wars mod being the actual hands on "BIstudio" folks.

Hmmm, I think a campaign as a clone between ep. 2 and 3 would be far more simpler. the vehicles are often smaller, it's a simple "move from planet to planet and kill everything not in your uniform" campaign. in wich you play as a clone, clone commander, clone pilot, and drive some vehicles...

what you are doing will have to features "the transition" from episode 3 hardware to episode 4 hardware... a difficult thing to do... wink_o.gif

What are walkonboard 300m long ships such as the Tarawa with cargo hold i've made but a series of buildings joined together at init eventhandler?

What are the experimental moving 3d clouds i've shown possible but a building setpos at 300m height and comes with a single rotation axis point?

Still think a star destroyer is not possible? wink_o.gif

Edit:-

Space flight:-  No massive scripting or complicated stuff. Just one thing- change the skypack from blue to black. In outer space, the moons or deathstars have no atmosphere which makes the sky blue. In daytime hours, the sun will still shine, your objects can still be bright.

No magic  -  just change the skypack and u will be able to zoom around in yer tie or x wings realistically.

(with today's 3Gigs processors, 512mb ram and ATI radeon, heck, u can totally turn off fog and setview distance to 5000!)

Well thats an obvious solution but you still got the proplem of Water, and as far as i kno there isnt no oceans linieing the bottom of space, as far as know there isint a bottom to space! tounge_o.gif

not everybody has a 3 gig processor.... wink_o.gif

If Aras handles today's hardware better, it'l be possible to improve the viewdistance, yes yes...

But.. I have a dream!

A RPG game, like there have been so much of... using star wars addons!

We would only need some planes, vehicles, and weapons, and we're done! suitable houses / objects could also help. but they wouln't be the main attractions either way.

a broken ATAT would be nice, basicly, it would be a RPG revolving around all four factions:

1. west, rebels

2. east, empire

3. civil , neutral

4. resi , another faction, tusken raiders? wookies?

Ofcourse, the empire wouln't be playable, but they could sell vehicles to the civil or resistance. For the rest, they'd be there just for show. (buy a ship and fly up to a star destroyer.. ooo!)

lamba shuttles flying over, some AI patrols...

If a project like this would be started now it would be done by the time Aras arrives... JIP!! biggrin_o.gif

Water?.....what is water but only a texture in wrpedit?

Land mass in space?......planets and asteriods abound in outer space.

Star destroyers capable of landing on land mass?...I know the star trek spaceships are incapable of landing on land mass but this mod is not star trek, it is star wars and star wars space ships DO land on land mass, as Revenge of the Sith and Attack of the clones had shown.