Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ti0n3r

Graphic Fix?

Guest Ti0n3r

We've all seen OFP-Xbox, right? It looks way much better than the PC version. So wouldnt it be nice if BIS released something like a high defention pack to make the pc version look as good as the Xbox version?

it would be nice, but the BIS have to little time work on their older games, i'd rather see effort go into OFP2 smile_o.gif

I'd not looked at OFP-XBOX s/shots before but looking at this shot I notice 2 things...

xscreennew2_hi.jpg

This is the sniper from VBS1 and either the men or vehicles have been rescaled, that Hummer looks huge.

I agree they don't have the time to add new content to OFP but surely it woldn't be too hard to release replacement unit .pbos from the xbox version.

Cap.

Guest Ti0n3r

replacement pbo's, thats exactly what i meant smile_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

SORRY

Or you can already make your own replacement config or better work about replacing things in the data.pbo and data3D.pbo with your favorites released addons.

It is not that hard, there is already a lot of help about this in the forum for who will use the search function. I made for my private usage a tons of those replacement config with different subjects from scratch, so it is not as hard as one can think.

And even if with that help you have difficulties to understand how to , you can always use one of the released replacement mod like Y2K3, E:ECP , FFUR that will make this replacement work for you.

lol at me for quoteing that Xbox screen smile_o.gif

Amusement at the breaking of forum rules isn't something I find particularly amusing, please refrain.

Captain, also notice that the shadow of that sniper is displayed on the hummer... wink_o.gif

an engine updates wich does some of this stuff (enhance shadows , light sources , etc) will not be done, why? it wont make them money, it's better to let them put all their effort into OFP2, so we will pay big bugs for that wink_o.gif

Three easy steps:

1ÅŸ) Download high-res cwc islands

2ÅŸ) Download dxdll

3ÅŸ) Download ecp + y2k3 or flashfx or eecp

And !woala! you have probably better quality than xbox screens, and something like vbs1 smile_o.gif

Three easy steps:

1ÅŸ) Download high-res cwc islands

2ÅŸ) Download dxdll

3ÅŸ) Download ecp + y2k3 or flashfx or eecp

And !woala! you have probably better quality than xbox screens, and something like vbs1 smile_o.gif

Ditto. I doubt the Xbox version will really look any better than the PC version because of all the mods that are out now. And even if they managed to make the Xbox version look as good as the PC version does with mods today, the PC version will always be more moddable in the future because of the major limitations of Xbox.

lol. with the above add-ons ofp looks very damn sweet. especially at 1280x1024 (i think thats it).

i agree - concentrate of ofp2. i want my ofp2. tounge_o.gif

lol at me for quoteing that Xbox screen  smile_o.gif

Amusement at the breaking of forum rules isn't something I find particularly amusing, please refrain.

I laughed my ass off. Just kidding.

Anyway the reason the hummer (I think) looks so big is because of the soldiers stance. Those hummer trucks are friggin huge, and I would say the size is accurate

dxdshot11122769394rd.jpg

Dxdll + y2k3 + high res everon. No editing. Lot of quality loss due to jpg compression.

We've all seen OFP-Xbox, right? It looks way much better than the PC version. So wouldnt it be nice if BIS released something like a high defention pack to make the pc version look as good as the Xbox version?

Apart from the grass, the PC version looks 10x better than the Xbox version.

Are you mad?

The level of detail is far lower, and the main thing - the resolution is TINY compared to the PC version.

Are you mad?

The level of detail is far lower, and the main thing - the resolution is TINY compared to the PC version.

Are you mad?

I dont know about you guys but my pc play ofp far better then those xbox screenies.

bumpmapping shmumpmapping tounge_o.gif

Yep, that bump mapping looks realy good.I want that and more of it in my OFP/RES. blues.gif

And I think you're insane :P

Judging from the screenshots, VBS1 looks better professionally wise, and OFP for Xbox looks better techincally wise wink_o.gif

The worst thing about OFP right now is that it's optimized to run on a P350mhz. (at least it feels like it).

We've reached a point were upgrading your computer has no or almost no results regarding performance. This is really bad.

The best boost to the OFP community at this point would be to update the engine so it can handle high-poly stuf better and is optimized for modern PC's. Unfortunately this would almost turn it into VBS, so this is never going to happen sad_o.gif

Getting the OFP Xbox PBOs is possible (Using a moded xbox that has a FTP server in it..), but I see little point, just download Y2K3 mod!

Anyway, for no reason not long ago (Was waiting to get internet back from other PC I think). I put OFP's options down as low as I could, screen ers 320x200 ish, all the sliders on the OFP preferances at left etc.. Loaded up Battlefields mission (The one that "requires atleast a 1GHz processor"), and it ran at almost same FPS as running my nroaml settings (1024x786, most silders middle to 3/4)..

An engine update would be amazing, but it's not really "worth while" for BIS, like has been said..

- Ben

http://i159.exs.cx/img159/5070/dxdshot11122769394rd.jpg

Dxdll + y2k3 + high res everon. No editing. Lot of quality loss due to jpg compression.

And what FPS you got with those settings on Nogova ? :P

i really dont know, but its really playable, without downs of fps while playing, i think it must be about 30-40 fps on cwc and resistance campaigns.

My computer: Athlon 64 3200 with sapphire x800xl and 1gb ram.

Tomorrow i'll post my fps on resistance campaign.