Sign in to follow this  
Fab.

WWIIEC : Caen 1944

well done fab, the random system your using sounds great!. Im guessing it will work in a not dissimilar way to the US Infantry addon where you would get randomised Helmet netting, trouser colour tone etc.

Im looking forward to your work though it is very impressive!

those textures look fantastic, i wish i could texture aswell as that :)

well done fab, the random system your using sounds great!. Im guessing it will work in a not dissimilar way to the US Infantry addon where you would get randomised Helmet netting, trouser colour tone etc.

Im looking forward to your work though it is very impressive!

Exactly like that, except on a bigger scale

@everyone: thanks for the nice comments, and for your patience :-)

Very nice textures!

Out of curiosity what size texture do you use for the uniform texture?

STGN

Very nice textures!

Out of curiosity what size texture do you use for the uniform texture?

STGN

Right now it's a single 1024x1024 texture for the belt, tunic and trousers

Another 1024x1024 texture for the zeltbahn poncho

for the headgears, footwear, and so on it's mostly 512x256, to be merged with equipment textures depending on the use of SetObjectTexture or not.

resolution is mostly around 1024 pixels for 1.5 meter

Very nice spring-autumn collection. Waiting for the fashion show :bounce3:

Ja Ich am thinking vee need Bruno here to review zese fashions!

These look fantastic Fab. The system you describe sounds very innovative too, I imagine realisticall varying the soldiers' appearance will add a great deal of immersion to the game.

Refresh my memory, have you got a Caen island ready to go for these bad boys?

Refresh my memory, have you got a Caen island ready to go for these bad boys?

well, there will be a small 32x32 or so tiny island based on what you can see in these screenshots, but unfortunately no catwalk for the fashion show :-(

A short catwalk is better than none, the addon content is more important I believe than an island but I am glad you will include one.

The new version of Gala island looks rather promising for a WWII themed mission. I've been working on a few islands myself, but unfortunately they are better suited for late-late war confrontations between the Germans and Soviets rather than something fitting the Western Front.

Beta version would be nice.

Im kinda ˇˇEastern Front Guy ˇˇtoo...Would like to see thoes Islands soon...

I strongly recommend Anjou island, any incarnation thereof. Very well suited to Western Front operations circa 1944-45, looks like rural France until you get to the East of Paris. Includes the "Feldflugzugplatz" and some ancillary islands off the main island; incredible mission opportunities there.

Hello there, and thanks for your support :-)

Anjou was pretty sweet indeed, thanks to OFP_Pupsi's nice work.

Anyway i've got some news :

I've been working on german headgears amongst various things, for both SS and WH troops.

Here you can see the M34 overseas cap for enlisted men and NCOs, as well as the M38 cap for officers:

HG0.jpg

From left to right: WH E.M/NCO, WH officer, SS officer, SS E.M/NCO. Note the tunic is also available with closed colar

This is of course the M43 field cap, base model and textures courtesy to Battling Bitch which i modified a bit:

HG1.jpg

From left to right: WH E.M/NCO, WH officer, SS officer, SS E.M/NCO

This is the M41 camouflaged cap:

HG2.jpg

From left to right: splinter (WH), tan & water (WH), reversible SS oak leaves pattern (spring & autumn), italian camo (SS)

And finally some officer's visor cap:

HG3.jpg

Left side is SS officier, right side is WH officer. Note the short sleeves also available for the tunic, as well as marching boots (for EM/NCOs), will be followed by slightly taller ones for officers.

Please note the rank insignias aren't done yet but are next on the list.

Cheers

Fab

Edited by Fab.
typo

Really cool indeed.

The german faces on the first one remind me of that german guy in saving private ryan.

I guess thats a good thing :)

Just for texture and modeling themselves and even coding, I trust you would have reached beyond the OFP limitation on such things. Very nice and awesome! Only regretful thing is OFP engine itself won't give as nice effects as ARMA or ARMA2 in games.

Fantastic looking models, as always, your textures are really well done :)

Dude Im Gonna Make You a Donation. :)

This Thing I Worth Some money,Basicly a New Game Here.

The wonder of it is that all this quality work will be available to the community free of charge.

I think it's well worth the wait and definitely agree, it is worth something big.

Im not sure but,when this mod comes out i think Arma And Arma2 Are History...for me...

;) LOL I completely agree with u!

Yeah and Fab when this wonderful mod comes out I would love to make a cti with your mod. :D

Comrade12: I asked about MP compatibility with Caen '44 in the past, and was told that they're focusing (quite rightly, I add) on SP functionality first and foremost. However, Liberation 1941-45 said the same thing and the only thing in LibMod that seems to badly screw up multiplayer is the presence of tanks. It may be possible to build a CTI with it; if you do I'll certainly play it and I know a half dozen other guys who'd get stuck into it as well. I'm sure Fab can put a bit more light on this MP issue for us.