Sign in to follow this  
Fab.

WWIIEC : Caen 1944

a little update

Amongst other things, i've been coding more weapons. Here is a couple of screenshots of BattlingBitch's Panzerfaust 30 ingame :

gersquad5.jpg

gersquad6.jpg

cheers

Fab

Wonderful job on the Panzerfaust! Textures look superb, as if the soldier really did save it for that opportune shot.

notworthy.gif

i have no words to describe how good is looking this mod

can't wait for release

keep it up

That screen in the combat photography thread is very nice, can't wait for the release wink_o.gif

Here's a couple of screenshots of our panzershreck 54.

original model by Vexman

model finished, mapped and textured by H.m.

gersquad7.jpg

gersquad8.jpg

cheers

Fab

Looks great, i was just wondering what would be the minimum system requirements to run this mod? As there will be a lot of vegetation and those are high poly models in that pic if im right?

Whats your guess will this pc run your mod with smooth fps rate?

MY specs:

Amd Athlon XP 2600+ ~ 2.1 Ghz with 256mb and display driver Radeon 9200 ~ 128mb.

Fab has a crappy system, so the mod is made to match his pc. biggrin_o.gif

hey ! dont mock the mighty geforce 6150 and its shared memory rofl.gif

@Snuffy : to answer your question properly, look a few pages back as this has been discussed recently. short answer : i dont think you would have much trouble if your graphic settings are set properly. most of the vegetation etc... (what creates most of the lag) i developped on my old laptop (radeon 7500 32mb)

cheers

Fab

release before everybody looses interest in OFP!!!

hehe only jkin nice work gents

I agree hooooooooooah!!!

Marvellous!

At the risk of appearing a dunce, can I ask just how much stuff you've got in the pipeline? I checked the first page of this thread and a few back, but no cigar.

So this will be British and German/Nazi soldiers and a Caen map? Plus of course the new animation and config stuff. Are there any tanks, trucks or aircraft to come?

Thanks, keep it coming!

Chops

yeah there's quite a bunch of vehicles/guns in the pipeline at different levels of completion

commonwealth :

- jeep

- bedford OYD

- bedford QLD

- bren carrier

- M5/9 Halftrack

- polsten 20mm AA gun (finished ages ago)

- BSA M20

- Cromwell

- Churchill

- Sherman

german :

- kubelwagen

- opel blitz 3600s

- opel blitz 6700a

- BMW R75

- sdkfz 251

- flak 38 + sd ah 51 trailer

- flak 36

- flakvierling 38

- sd ah 32 ammo trailer

- pak 36

- pak 40

- panzer IVs

- panthers

- tigers

- tiger IIs

and im probably forgetting a whole bunch of them. some of them are reworked with permission from other mods, some of them are our own from scratch, including a lot of armour made by T_roc that he never really showed to the public

there's also plan to rework some of IOF's vehicles like the sumoa S35 for the 21st panzer division.

apart from T_roc and TheSun doing lods for the BSA M20 everyone else is working on infantry weapons etc... basically, the essentials first.

for the aircraft we might repack trenchfeet's older aircrafts but its mostly gonna be C47 and horsa glider. wished we had a hawkin typhoon in the making but we dont sad_o.gif

For the first release we will mostly focus on soft vehicles, will see what we have time to finish etc...

Hi Fab.

Screens look great and for the 100000st time I am the 10000000st member to say: "Good work" smile_o.gif

By the way about that animation system, I have read the whole thread and it sounds great, you know I am a bit "Anim-freak" so animations affects my gameplay as much as texures, models weapons etc.

But I have a question: Will you make something like "Stand alone animation mod folder" ? smile_o.gif

Keep it up ! thumbs-up.gif

But I have a question: Will you make something like "Stand alone animation mod folder" ? smile_o.gif

not sure what you mean by "standalone"?

i rewrote BIS anim code so its not using the same anim files anymore, the code uses ECA_anims.pbo.

so if you want to use that with another mod you need this pbo + the anim code too

so techinically you can make a separate folder that just "mods" the anims.

hope that answers your question

Fab

i am sure there was a list of weapons/armory that will be included right ?

by the way, from the first page you mentioned paratroopers and "relasing 3 parts" or something like that. smile_o.gif

Do you have the MP44? help.gif

we have a completed model with lods but its definitly on the low priority list of things to complete seeing as how rare the MP43 was in the Normandy campaign... like very very very rare. Most of the few MP43 delivered by june 1944 went to the eastern front. If we do have time to finish it for the first release, it will be there only as a bonus really.

@Salvatore_Lee: plans for the mod evolved along the way to match our progress, right now paratroopers are mostly likely not gonna make it to the first release, we want to complete and polish up a basic set of infantry first. Best thing to do while looking for info about the mod is going backward in the thread, the latest info being most likely the most accurate.

Hi

Para's like; English paratroopers or the German Fallschirmjagers?

priority would be to the british paras, then the germans...

but in both cases regular infantry has the top priority, then armoured vehicles crews (well crews in general, for our vehicles), officers etc...

FAB:

Why no MP44 (Stg-44) ?? MP43? Haha. MKb 42 its name for MP43A and MP-43B its name for MP44 (Stg-44), and why? In april 1944 its MP-43B rename at MP44 (Stg44). From off july 1943 bis july 1944 its moonperformance 50 000 this weapons. tounge2.gif

FAB:

Why no MP44 (Stg-44) ?? MP43? Haha. MKb 42 its name for MP43A and MP-43B its name for MP44 (Stg-44), and why? In april 1944 its MP-43B rename at MP44 (Stg44). From off july 1943 bis july 1944 its moonperformance 50 000 this weapons. tounge2.gif

First of all, sure, MP43, MP44 and Stg44 are all the same weapons (apart from the MP43/1 that has a different muzzle end but otherwise looks exactly the same), but the ones delivered by june 1944 still had a nice "MP43" stamp on them. So that's why i call them MP43, because the ones delivered by june 1944 were the ones produced under the name "MP43" - when they renamed the weapon in april 1944, they didnt bother restamping the old ones to update the name. wink_o.gif

Second thing is, production figures and field deliveries are two very different things (especially in Germany near the end of the war). I cant give you an exact quote and reference at the moment, but when we researched this (properly) we found out there were basically two deliveries of the MP43 prior to june 1944 to field units, If i'm not mistaken about 20000 rifles were sent for delivery (left the factory - and out of that number how many actually reached the fields ?), and these were to the eastern front, and to elite units only. Because some elite units that were delivered the MP43 were then transfered from eastern to western front, there were indeed a few MP43s in Normandy, but certainly not in the early stages of the Campaign, and most definitly not to the static divisions of the WH (the ones we are focusing on at the moment). The first real delivery to the western front was for the Ardennes offensive.

Limited deliveries (20000) compared to production numbers (50000) is easilly explained by logistic problems... to have a rifle is one thing, but you also need pouches, magazines, and a constant supply of ammunition for it. I believe they only delivered the X amount of MP43 that they knew would not "starve" from short supplies of 7.92mm kurz

You will see plenty of games, movies and other questionable "historical" references (take brothers in arms for example) depicting MP43/MP44/Stg44 in Normandy, and while its not totally wrong, its a pure fantaisy to place them in the hands of many soldiers in the game and making it look as if 1 out of 20 soldiers carried one around...

Fab

My refence? No other game, no google or other idiotic web site, but VHÚ PRAHA - Army  historically institution in Prag.  tounge2.gif

First were MKb 42 (W) (in year 1942), from this weapon made MKb 42 (H) - name MP-43A (november 1942 - september 1943 11 853 weapons). From MP-43A originate MP-43B, variont with scope - MP-43/1. In july 1944 have Germany 425 979 this weapons (from April 1944 with name MP-44, from november 1944 new name stg-44)

smile_o.gif  smile_o.gif

Stg-44/MP-44/MP-43B this its one weapon with others name biggrin_o.gif ..This weapon its made too with  grenade launcher, scope and one from firts night vision ..

I think we're a bit lost in translation here, i'm not sure i understand what you're saying. For example "In july 1944 have Germany 425 979 this weapons". are you saying that by july 1944, the german army already had half a million of MP43/44 in use (delivered) ? From my sources, half a million is roughly the total production of MP43/44/Stg44 for the entire war.

Like i said, yes, i know MP43 = MP44 = Stg44. I'm not contesting that. But Caen1944 takes place from June 6 1944 onwards, and the assault rifles delivered by 06/06/44 were from the series that was stamped "MP43". I'm saying not enough were delivered before june 6th 1944 to be that important to our mod, especially since, before that date, all deliveries were to the eastern front. First major delivery on the western front (Caen is on the western front) was for the ardennes offensive in late 1944 (therefore too late for this mod)

I'm not sure you're understanding everything i'm saying? Please clarify and/or ask me to clarify if there's something you're not understanding from my post smile_o.gif