Sign in to follow this  
Fab.

WWIIEC : Caen 1944

I think we're a bit lost in translation here, i'm not sure i understand what you're saying. For example "In july 1944 have Germany 425 979 this weapons". are you saying that by july 1944, the german army already had half a million of MP43/44 in use (delivered) ? From my sources, half a million is roughly the total production of MP43/44/Stg44 for the entire war.

I'm not sure you're understanding everything i'm saying either. Please clarify and/or ask me to clarify if there's something you're not understanding from my post  smile_o.gif

grrrrrrrrrr. MP43A or M43B !!!! My number 425 979 its oficial number MP43B (MP44) not with MP43A.

grrrrrrrrrr. MP43A or M43B !!!! My number 425 979 its oficial number MP43B (MP44) not with MP43A.

yes, i understood that. But our mod takes place in June 1944. you're saying the german army had 425 979 MP43/44/Stg44 (I'm not talking about Mkb42 and earlier variants, and neither are you - so we agree on this).

the issue is, what do you mean by 425 979 ? produced, delivered ?

my sources tell me 425979 = total production untill the end of the war. Caen 1944 mod is not about the entire war, it's first release takes place in june 1944 the whole Caen campaign ends in august 1944. anything delivered after that is irrelevant to our mod.

[edit] asked h.m to confirm the info since he's german and has access to more accurate information than I when it comes to german history... he agrees with me, i now think our disagreement is a mix of misunderstanding smile_o.gif

cheers

Fab

Fab, just focuse on the most important and necessary stuff for your first release. Fully understand you couldn't include every thing we're interested to see. But time is really pressing and wanna see it before the release any substantial WW2 Mod from ARMA...

FAB:

First variant MKb 42 W (4000 weapons for test)

MKB42W.jpg

This its MP43A / MKB 42H

MP43A.jpg

This its MP43B / MP44 / stg44

MP43B.jpg

You say just MP43, MP43 its not as MP43!!! And MKB 42 its not as MKB42, you have upset in MP43 and MP44

biggrin_o.gif

@petrtlach ok.. clearly you dont dont understand what i'm saying confused_o.gif also, apologies if this sounds rude but your english is barely understandable to me, so please let's stop arguing about this assault rifle now.

@OFPCAT : no worries, like i said we're only focusing on stuff that was present in Normandy in sufficient numbers to have made an impact...

Pedantic could be the next 'word for the day'.

Keep at it Fab! Arma, Arma II or a WWII past life regression hypnosis/LSD this'll be a grand experience!

Petrtlach: It sounds like the point you're trying to make is that the names MP43 and MP44 are not interchangeable terms. Wherever you got those photos from, they're an awesome reference.

When Fab mentioned the differences between MP43 and MP44, I think it is pretty clear he was referring to the MKB 42H (MP43A) and the StG.44 (MP44/MP43B), where the only major differences are a different gas tube & piston assembly above the barrel and a different muzzle brake. The MKb 42 W does appear to be a rather different "ancestor" weapon to the later two designs, so I can see why you're stressing the point that these terms are not really interchangeable.

Either way, these weapons were not distributed to the units Caen '44 is portraying at the moment. I'm sure that the StG.44/MP43B/MP44 image you provided will see some use as a texture reference for the StG that Caen '44 eventually produces, it's a very high quality and detailed image.

Did they come from the website of the Czech museum you mentioned earlier? If so, could you show me the URL? I'd like to have a look around that site.

I'm sure that the StG.44/MP43B/MP44 image you provided will see some use as a texture reference for the StG that Caen '44 eventually produces, it's a very high quality and detailed image.

Did they come from the website of the Czech museum you mentioned earlier? If so, could you show me the URL? I'd like to have a look around that site.

If you're looking for nice high res pics, you might want to check out this website. they are even nice enough to keep the high res photos of their sold items in the "archive (sold items)" page...

back on topic, nothing much new to show at the moment, mainly fixing code... (hence the reason why no new screenshots lately)

Fab, are you planning to make some in-game video of mod features? Short (maybe something around 2 minutes) gameplay movie from mission. It would be great to see how all that nice stuff (addons, anim system, island, objects etc.) works in-game wink_o.gif

If you don't have time, maybe someone from betatesters can do this video. wink_o.gif

Fab, are you planning to make some in-game video of mod features? Short (maybe something around 2 minutes) gameplay movie from mission. It would be great to see how all that nice stuff (addons, anim system, island, objects etc.) works in-game wink_o.gif

If you don't have time, maybe someone from betatesters can do this video. wink_o.gif

sorry, dont think anyone in the team has time for this... (althou i think sengir was working on a video ages ago, not sure what hapenned to it) and as for beta testers, well for now we have none smile_o.gif

ok no video but a little picture i photoshopped! hope you like it

wehrmacht_caen2.jpg

Damned work computer wouldn't show the image, looks great though!

Are these particular soldiers wearing smocks?

Are these particular soldiers wearing smocks?

these are my old dot44 test soldier... i simply swapped the WH's grey tunic textures to dot44 tunic to see how it would look.

Ah ok! I didn't see the sleeve eagle and thought the pattern to resemble an Oak variant.

It's a best WWII mod I ever seen... Units are beautiful, weapons too, faces... Little less. But it's so cool, just tell us, when will be a relase notworthy.gif

It's a best WWII mod I ever seen... Units are beautiful, weapons too, faces... Little less.

Thats not a very nice thing to say, as I beleive many of the faces were of the Caen 1944 team members.  rofl.gif

not mine tounge2.gif

@Nizyn, well, if BB come here again, maybe he will explain to you how he made them wink_o.gif

Any vehicles screens? Have you got already any vehicle?

So make the screens. I want know, what vehicles I am waiting for. Will be there an old WWIIEC vehicles (like Cromwell in Brits pack?)

Quote[/b] ]I want know

first of all, thx for your interest. but the team doesn't follow the individual requests.

and I suppose that FAB prefers to keep the surprise. And I know; he doesn't like to show unfinished stuff.