Sign in to follow this  
Fab.

WWIIEC : Caen 1944

Marvellous work mate. A huge improvement on WW2EC's last British infantry model, and I thought those were already quite good. wink_o.gif

Looking good, new para's coming too?

Thanks for the comments wink_o.gif

Yeah even if the paras didnt fight on the part of Caen we're workign on at the moment, it would be a shame not to do them... So new paras soon, I'll also do some work on the U.S and germans too so they can start to look like descent wwII infantry...

Very very smart looking smile_o.gif

Nice to see you still about FAB ... hya smile_o.gif

Well... is the word "truly impressive" strong enough ? biggrin_o.gif

It's hard to believe theses units' done for OFP wow_o.gif

Looks great!

Those could pass for WW2 Canucks as well. biggrin_o.gif

hehe indeed i'm gonna do canadians too... canadians had their good share of fighting around caen,... all i have to do is replace this mkII helmet by a mkIII (i read that canadians had mkIII "d-day" helmets more often than mkIIs

@ orson : hey nice to see you too, havent seen you in ages lol

May also want to add a field dressing tucked underneath the netting of the helmet, and switch around the STEN-mag and BREN-mag pouches for some rifle bandoliers and magpouches for the .303 clips as well. A'la H&D-2, it's a surprisingly good reference for this kinda thing. wink_o.gif

Some scrim on that helmet net and you're good to go. Damn, these look fine. I look forward to the release, top-notch work.

Looks damn amazing..really great detail.

If you're making the weapons I could help out with some Bren pics, I have a Mk1 lying about somewhere..

Erm.. deactivated of course.

@ AKM : yeah the helmet & co isnt finished yet. I probably wont do any riffle pouches since the bren pouches aka "basic pouches" were issued to pretty everybody (= they're not only for bren gunners but for infantry in general). as i say on the ww2ec news page, i still have a lot of equipment to sort out... these guys here just have the entrenching tools, basic pouches and webbings, but no worries it'll be there pretty soon wink_o.gif

For references i uses osprey men at arms magazines... they're pretty good and most of the time very detailed (giving precise refenrece like equipment year of issue etc...)

@ DKM Jaguar : we're indeed going to redo the weapons, some will be replaced, some will just have a paint job (like the stens). Bren ref pics would be nice indeed smile_o.gif the more we have the better job we'll do

Quote[/b] ]Erm.. deactivated of course.

Yes, of course. Two cases of beer and a tractor. You won't get a better offer for it.

"When I don't want Girl Scout Cookies, I don't want Girl Scout cookies."

Quote[/b] ]yeah the helmet & co isnt finished yet. I probably wont do any riffle pouches since the bren pouches aka "basic pouches" were issued to pretty everybody (= they're not only for bren gunners but for infantry in general).

True 'nough. Besides, most riflemen toted BREN mags anyways, it was the section weapon. They did carry a lot of gear in general though, and general pouches, as you said, are exceedingly common.

They can also be attached to the rear of the webbing, and stacked up on the front, two on two - This might be interesting to see on "Loaders" and the gunners themselves. I also have a set of the same webbing used during WW2; canteen, harness, two general pouches, and the belt. Just don't have a camera, since my sister ("Sister.") flung the damn thing down the stairs. Doesn't look like you need more reference pictures for the rig though; it's looking damn fine.

Just looking for a V-42 or a Fairbyrn-Sykes, since there's no point to a Lee Enfield bayonet without the SMLE, something I probably shouldn't be allowed to own. If anyone knows where I can pick up a FS inside Canada, let me know.

they look a bit to clean

there is missing some, let's say mud and dirt on the uniforms...

and i think, it looks some comic-like wink_o.gif

ur still using call of duty faces?

I am fairly sure that at some point, either here or on the WW2EC site, he mentioned they'd be getting a bit of mud and dirt.

The battledress looks... well, too well-fitting. Perhaps loosen it up, wrinkle a little. Other than that and some minor points of contention, damn fine work.

Quote[/b] ]I am fairly sure that at some point, either here or on the WW2EC site, he mentioned they'd be getting a bit of mud and dirt.

Yes they will be getting a bit more muddy in time to come, these guys look like they are fresh out of training. Later on they will look like the toughest muddiest S.O.Bs ever!! biggrin_o.gif

sim

(wwIIec Staff)

sweet news,, its been a while since the ol brit unts showed their heads in ww2 again. These Tommies look cool,., Great work,, looking 4ward to adding these to the folder.

NAG nag nag, want a beta tester , just ask, nag nag nag, ;)

Soldiers looks very nice and island behind they looks very interesting. Nice work xmas_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]NAG nag nag, want a beta tester , just ask, nag nag nag, ;)

Hmmm someone hinting there? rock.gif

tounge_o.gif

Some more public screenshots of my work (still work in progress, nothing final here!)... Thought i'd post them in this thread to keep it consistent. I'm gonna start updating the brits pretty soon too...

german M43 tunic

http://dynamic6.gamespy.com/~ww2ec/forum/uploads/post-7-1116154971.jpg

some vegetation for Caen:

http://dynamic6.gamespy.com/~ww2ec....785.jpg

SMLE N°4 mkI :

http://dynamic6.gamespy.com/~ww2ec....812.jpg

Jeep willys (odd green parts are map templates... will be painted later).

http://dynamic6.gamespy.com/~ww2ec....839.jpg

Opel blitz 4x4 (camo to be added later):

http://dynamic6.gamespy.com/~ww2ec....868.jpg

more info @ http://dynamic6.gamespy.com/~ww2ec/forum/index.php?showtopic=1722

Would be awesome if a moderator could change the title of the thread to "wwIIec : Caen 1944"

thank you wink_o.gif