Sign in to follow this  
Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Studios

If I have something to add, I'll post it here. I can GUARANTY that I won't post at your personal webpage.

Indeed, have a good evening.

Guest RKSL-Rock
If I have something to add, I'll post it here. I can GUARANTY that I won't post at your personal webpage.

Indeed, have a good evening.

I GUARANTEE you, i am grateful for that.

Sweet dreams

'Saucer of milk, table five'

rofl.gif

Classic guys... that little exchange's had me in stitches rofl.gif

Small question... get much further with the Rapier and the little present i sent you a while back? smile_o.gif

How is the Comms Pack1 going?

I really really like to see a radar dome in OFP.

I mean think of it, everytime some war is going on they intend to knock out the radar and communication system first.

OFP needs a military radar dome.

Its actually getting a complete make over.  Ive never loke the domes how they were so i'm trying to get the right geodesic effect.

The SSPAR array is getting a new base structure and stair ways etc.  The old one was reallyonly meant as a target.  I wasnt anticipating so much interest in it.

I'll post some more screenies next week.

Nice! Looking forward to that biggrin_o.gif

Do have a estimated time for the completion?

Guest RKSL-Rock
Small question... get much further with the Rapier and the little present i sent you a while back?  smile_o.gif

ok small answer...not very far.  but its still in the list.  I started on the High cap back but got side tracked with paid work.

Quote[/b] ]Nice! Looking forward to that

Do have a estimated time for the completion?

Erm...i really hate saying this but...when its done.

I cant say more than that to be brutally honest.  Thinks just crop up that put me behind.

I will say that I'm trying to get all the main objects like that together and release them with the RKSL test island. as an object pack. There is a few reasons for this but mainly it because several MoD teams have asked for it this way.  

I will split off the different groups into:

Genral Airfield

Hanger Pack 2

Comms Pack 1

etc

Most of these really aren't that far off - just need some LoD or texture work etc.

Cheers

Rock

I wish I could help, but my skills is zero when it comes to modding/texturing.

I DOWNLOADED your sniper pack acouple of days ago and i just gotta say that the readme info is pretty wrong in giving the weapon and magazine classnames

i love the sniper pack since its the only one so far i know of which actually uses the scope range properly

proper classnames and magazine

RKSL_L96A1cam

RKSL_L96A1

RKSL762NATO_MAG

was on readme

762NATO_MAG

RKSL_L96Acam

RKSL_L96A12

Guest RKSL-Rock
I DOWNLOADED your sniper pack acouple of days ago and i just gotta say that the readme info is pretty wrong in giving the weapon and magazine classnames

i love the sniper pack since its the only one so far i know of which actually uses the scope range properly

proper classnames and magazine

RKSL_L96A1cam

RKSL_L96A1

RKSL762NATO_MAG

was on readme

762NATO_MAG

RKSL_L96Acam

RKSL_L96A12

Its over a year old now smile_o.gif

By the time i realised it had been so well distributed its seemed pointless issuing a new file because of a mistake in the readme.

The release (which is due very soon) will be correct i promise you.

hooray

seriously man

those sniper rifles are the best ones ive tried so far

the scope range is just excellent

sound is nice to but I got a small texture bug on the end of the barrel with the lapua and that is just the model I want for meh missions.

I await the shelter/hangar pack because the beta hangar doensnt work in wrptool. The larger hangars do work but I need those shelters to work because I cannot adjust the trees arround it for camo.

well ive got to say.. ALL your work looks 10/10 biggrin_o.gif

i cant wait to fly those planes makes me excited pistols.gif lol tounge2.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
sound is nice to but I got a small texture bug on the end of the barrel with the lapua and that is just the model I want for meh missions.

I await the shelter/hangar pack because the beta hangar doensnt work in wrptool. The larger hangars do work but I need those shelters to work because I cannot adjust the trees arround it for camo.

The L96 & L115 have had a revamp recently.  I've reduced the poly count a bit and i'm hopefully sorting the textures out...and of course the sight is now plainer and uses a different recticle.. a slight mod (necessary due to game limits)of a Leuchtab L12 use on S&B scopes.

The Shelters are having a slight revamp.  The bug you refer to is due to problems with binarising multiple models at once.  It wont be a problem in the full release, i promise.

On another note...

I'd like to thank everyone for the interest via PM and email but unfortunately I'm not taking any other BETA testers into the team at this time.

I'm going to try and get some public betas for the most popular addons released ASAP - Nimrod MR2 etc and a sample of the environment pack so please bear with me.

Cheers

Rock

Guest RKSL-Rock

By way of a little update:

I'm reorginaising a few projects and dropping some.  Specific details will follow shortly.

But as most people with be aware in collaboration with UNN we've set out on a SAM System Firecontrol Project.

Essentially its a system of scripts that allow a Search radar to detect incoming threats, pass that info to one or more Firecontrol radars which in turn then designate individual targets for the Launchers or Guns under their command.  This means that the AI will no longer missile spam the closest single target but spread thier fire over multiple threats.

While the first version is tailored specifically for the Rapier FSC addon the second version of the scripts should allow any addon maker to update existing or future addons to be controlled in the same way.

The system is based on a three tiers:

Search Radar - Detects the targets in a certain radius

Firecontrol Radar - Provides targeting data and control to the launchers

Launcher/Gun - Attacks the the target.

The scripts allow you to use just Firecontrol & launcher or you can just use the addons in stand alone mode.

As was announced on the SAM Ranges thread on the BIS forums we're developing a series of realisitic addons to use the scripts to the fullest. Starting with:

Rapier FSC

Aspide/Skyguard

Oerlikon 35mm AAA/Skyguard

SA-2 "Guideline"/Fansong E/SPOON REST

SA-4 "Ganef"/PAT HAND/LONG TRACK

SA-5 "Gammon"/SQUARE PAIR/BAR LOCK

SA-6 "Guideline"/STRAIGHT FLUSH/LONG TRACK

Heres 2 SA-6 Screenies for the Curious

RKSL-SA6-d1.jpg

RKSL-SA6-d3.jpg

Im also collaborating with DKM Jaguar to release the C-130 Pack as soon as possible.

edits - some days typing just dont work.

i sure don't want to be hit by one of those crazy_o.gif

but it looks sweet and i would like to hit someone with those babes

Guest RKSL-Rock
Looking good ... what chasis is that system based on ?

Its called the SPU - Russian industrial index designation 2P25) a derivative design of the ZSU-23-4 Shilka GM-569 tracked chassis base. But slightly lower and with a different internal layout. The SA-11 uses the same hull config as the Shilka but again has a different internal layout

Quote[/b] ]The TELAR vehicle is of all-welded construction with the crew compartment at the front, missiles on the turntable immediately behind the crew compartment and the engine at the rear. The transmission is at the rear of the hull. The torsion bar suspension system consists of six rubber tired road wheels with the drive sprocket at the rear and the idler at the front. There are no track return rollers. The vehicle has an air filtration and over pressure NBC system and infra-red night vision equipment fitted as standard but the vehicle has no amphibious capability. Three SA-6 Gainful missiles are carried on a turntable which can be traversed through a full 360ÅŸ with the missiles elevated on their launchers to a maximum of 85ÅŸ. When traveling the turntable is normally traversed to the rear and the missiles are horizontal to reduce the overall height of the vehicle.

Looking good with those projects, theres some hard work going in to them thats for sure......

One question though, will the rifles be Jam'med up?

notworthy.gif

Holy crap! I didn't expect to see that beauty, very nice job!!

Guest RKSL-Rock
Looking good with those projects, theres some hard work going in to them thats for sure......

One question though, will the rifles be Jam'med up?

notworthy.gif

I havent really looked at the JAM 3 stuff but aslong as they support a .338 Lapua and 7.62 Nato then yes they will support JAM3

EDIT - Ok just had a look through the JAM3 list...no lapua .338 and the 7.62 sniper values arent the same as my own. I'll test it at somepoint to check if it makes any performance difference.

This mean the L96 could be JAM3 compatible but the L115 wont be.

yeah gotta keep the lapua ammo! I use this weapon for the Dutch forces which also use this sniper rifle for their designated marksman

Guest RKSL-Rock
yeah gotta keep the lapua ammo! I use this weapon for the Dutch forces which also use this sniper rifle for their designated marksman

Im not going to make the pack depend on JAM but it will be comapatible if you really want ot use it.

Quote[/b] ]could you (or are you) making a HAWK SAM system?

Calm Terror is making a Hawk for the Lost Bros Mod so im not planning on making one. Besides ive got far too much one right now to consider another project.

Sounds good to me, Looking foward to the rifles however you decide to release them.

Good work mate notworthy.gif