Sign in to follow this  
ibor

graphic improvements ...

hi !

If i take a look at ofp.info or other sites there are screenshots with really good resolution and good graphics ... but if i play ofp - my graphics are "only" standard - do you have good tips how to improve the engine, gameplay or graphics - without depending on the exact graphiccard or cpu ?

(i have radeon 9600 pro 256 mb - and amd 2600+ xp - goty at version 1.96 final)

for example with some mods tools or updates or some memory related things - with newer platforms ... ?

would be very nice - thx !

ps: i know there are many threads, but often i dont understand the technical language biggrin_o.gif - so sry if someone is agressed or something - but im sure the "experts" here know some good tricks and tips to improve the graphics (fps - resolution) and or gameplay - engine related improvement tools or settings - even for a newb - thx ;)

maybe u can tell me good graphic settings for a radeon 9600 - i mean the settings in the ofp menu with fps -etc ... is it equal rock.gif

hmm I don't under stand you have a 2600mhz and say you run standard settings cause I have a 1.3ghz and I would say mine where more BIS standards and I think its prity good. But eny way you should know that OFP looks a bit better in screen shots than they do ingame, atleast thats my impression. A way too improve OFP is too get hold of DXDLL a .dll file which makes OFP do things like surrport reflective water and some light things, use shearch and you will find a very long topic about it.

STGN smile_o.gif

ahh you have ATI card.. but anyway i will say it... you can improve it also bu turning ON Digital Vibrance, but it cant be seen in your screenshots if somebody opens it without Digital Vibrance.

ok - ive done it ... it looks really nice but sometimes with or without mods my computer crashes and restarts -

ive a k7s8x from asrock maybe u can give me some tips how to improve this - thx ! - but with the dxdll it looks really nice ... thx

ibor

ps: how do i set digital vibration ? - thx for answers smile_o.gif

With an Ati card you can simply adjust gama, contrast and colors to your liking - makes OFP look better already. Throw in DXDLL and LLaumax 2.0, max your graphics settings and it's going to look as good as it gets - the screenshots you see in the forums and on websites are often somewhat 'enhanced' in a graphics software (like Photoshop or Gimp).

ok ill try it - thank u very much --

btw:ive heard from vbs1 - is the engine or graphic better than the ofp engine/graphic ?

thx for answers - !

graphics are better in VBS....but you have to have a lot of $$$$...:)

beat me .. but why not a version 1.97 on vbs1 technology - of course without vbs1 vehicles etc only the graphics and engine improvements - ok ... - newb spoke ! tounge_o.gif

- ok but if the game is running well now ... i think its ok to wait for ofp 2 wink_o.gif - but thanx for infos - thanx very much ...

hold ofp alive - no game will ever reach this innovative game ! -

Bit of Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering are good also to improve the graphics.

You cant do it in OFP options you need to force it on in the Catlyst Control Center.

its not better..

basicaly its same. IF you make high quality textures and models OFP can even look better then VBS1 ;) You can even have head and hand models like in VBS1 ;) Soon we will see Retextured Malde that will have good textures, and good tree models ;)

its not better..

basicaly its same. IF you make high quality textures and models OFP can even look better then VBS1 ;) You can even have head and hand models like in VBS1 ;) Soon we will see Retextured Malde that will have good textures, and good tree models ;)

but the game runs better than OFP when using high quality models, I think.

STGN

It does.

It's like playing the screenshots you see here, in a game. biggrin_o.gif

I don't think DXDLL is all that "improving" of OFP... to be honest the post processing blurs everything with degrades the sharp look of textures, and it takes my FPS down from 30 to 15 which is pretty appauling..

The only good thing is that it has relfective water, but even with just that turned on, the hit to performance is always present. Not exactly a great compromise.

Same here - if i turn post processing on all it does it make snow and desert blindingly bright and make the air look like sea.

as a relative newb myslef i considered improving ofp's grpahics to highest level of high prioirty so i could concentrate on gameplay without beng distracted by graphics.

the high res island textures make a big difference. for a list of really great add-ons that make your ofp experience better go here.

i did and its nice to have add-on in one easy to read place.

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....;st=105

VBS discussions/comparisons don't belong here, please refrain smile_o.gif

also need consider that "most" pictures on ofp.info is faked..

what i mean is that they edited in photoshop and stuff.

Digital Vibrance really does make a difference..tried it yeasterday - awesome!

It boosts the colors on nVidia cards to give them a more saturated look.

I don't like digital vibrance that much.. OFP should look kind of grey.

But if you like lots of colors it will allow you to tune up the saturation so much that even Far Cry looks grey in comparison.

I have DV and i like it , it tones up the colour a bit and makes it more lifelike , i disagree with OFP being too grey , it already is too much grey. Just take a screenshot and come out of OFP to see it youll notice the difference , one reason why i have to add 10 contrast always to my screenshots to bring them up to par with how it looked inside OFP.

OFP colors too grey... green dosen't look like green tounge_o.gif

About high-res textures, when i change textures on map with very high textures FPS stays same :/