Sign in to follow this  
WackyIraqi

New Ocean Island

nice job papy!  smile_o.gif  the island runs great so far , tested with the old mty bell chopper by martin, wish there would be a police version with a police rifle or something like the bas littlebird that had a gunner with a Hk  biggrin_o.gif

i'll download some civilian addons and put them into the city to see what happens  tounge_o.gif

There's a militarised version of the Bell Chopper with a M16/203 gun attached. If you look for it I'm sure you'll find it.

has anybody made any fun missions to play? cause i suck at making missions lol crazy_o.gif

yea im gonna do a terrorist mission with the WYW opfor later tonight.

for a fun feel i plan on using some civi addons like deltas tracktor trailer and the troublemakers malden cycles. the fun civi addons

they are good addons and considerably old but i would assume that even the slowest of connections have them. if they do not. then i will come back and make a light version.

im working on another project and it is being evil to me so ill take a quicky break from it and make a couple of missions for this island.

one with the national gaurd

one with the police

and one with the bikers from the trouble makers malden

by "with the" i am refering to what the player will be either national gaurd police or bikers. each mission will be of 3 differnt levels if all goes according to plan.

terrorist cell takes over one or two items and the police are called.

second level are when the police cant stop them so they need help, the local biker gang is displeased with these terrorists on their turff.

finaly when they cant stop them and most of the city is occupied now the national gaurd moves in.

and depending on the size i might end up using 3rd party swat units (the newest ones released)

edit: i plan on making the missions single/multiplayer up to 4 or 5 people. in each mission

HAH!

i was just this week adding this and that to ocean island..

im releasing it to ofp.info.

since i didnt have the working lobby, i had to comprimise, but heh. i added a few things as i said, it's alot bigger now, lemme tell you..

Added

-port

-aiports

-villages

-wilderness

-border

-shootingranges

-bigger town

-music

-highway (looks cool at night)

-bars along the road, "Broken trout" for an example.

-wastes

im tired, i just wrote a readme :P

Stay tuned for ofp.info to release it.

pics.

beatifulhighway2xe.jpg

http://img209.exs.cx/img209/4273/biggertown8ny.jpg

image size over 100kb

cheapfood7yx.jpg

forgottentrain2iw.jpg

earlymorningoversuomihills0fo.jpg

theborder9mi.jpg

heh, let me tell you, there is alot that i didnt take pictures of, these are only the thin surface of what lies in this map!

the allyes in the town are packed with items.

i think that i put ... 10000 3d objects just in the town, it's hard to spot all that in those overviews!  wink_o.gif

i considered putting in the train too, but i didnt due to A: i didnt want to tack on anotehr 30 megs of "needed addons" and cuz the thing is very laggy when in use, so i didnt bother.

see now what you did was make a completly differnt island

please try and rename it in the config and pbo as not to clash or overwrite the orginal version for people that want to use more then one upgrade of this project

look pape, don't speak for others. did I made it a totaly other island? What, you think ofp is capable of supportinga a large scale town? you think you can make a detailed urban map that does not lag on the average pc?  rock.gif

i wonder, did you say your island was final? and no, the trains add to the desert,las vegas, texas , mexican feeling. A loonley train riding trough the desert etc..

by the way, that other guy, who made the island in a more african way, you think he should name his island the same as the originial? that would make people choose witch island to download. so that they can't have more than one version of teh island on their pc to compare? is that good? if they want to trow away an island, they just delete it

no offence man - but my island is better that yours, so don't post noosy replies of what you think my island is or not is. christ - you haven't even tested it   tounge_o.gif

i considered putting in the train too, but i didnt due to A: i didnt want to tack on anotehr 30 megs of "needed addons" and cuz the thing is very laggy when in use, so i didnt bother.

please try and rename it in the config and pbo as not to clash or overwrite the orginal version for people that want to use more then one upgrade of this project

Ps, you said "A: blah blah" - what is reason B?

Ps, you said "A: blah blah" - what is reason B?

Wow, how old are we kid?  11? Hell, 11 is too much credit. Get the hell over the fact that you have to rename it and just rename the damn thing.  Woopty Fucking Doo, don't make a big god damn deal about it.

Fucking kids these days.. crazy_o.gif

look pape, don't speak for others. did I made it a totaly other island? What, you think ofp is capable of supportinga a large scale town? you think you can make a detailed urban map that does not lag on the average pc?  rock.gif

i wonder, did you say your island was final? and no, the trains add to the desert,las vegas, texas , mexican feeling. A loonley train riding trough the desert etc..

by the way, that other guy, who made the island in a more african way, you think he should name his island the same as the originial? that would make people choose witch island to download. so that they can't have more than one version of teh island on their pc to compare? is that good? if they want to trow away an island, they just delete it

no offence man - but my island is better that yours, so don't post noosy replies of what you think my island is or not is. christ - you haven't even tested it    tounge_o.gif

whoa whoa whoa. calm down pop a prozac.

your right i didnt say it was final, but i did refer to it as version 1.0 which i shoulda specified was final.

second i was merely pointing out why i didnt put the train on my version in case anyone was wondering why i "overlooked" it.

and the "other guy that made his more african" i asked him if he wanted to change the name of his or if i should change the name of mine. cuz now we will have 3 "NewOceanIsland.pbo" files and that will overwrite the orginal. so if i wanted to use your version and my version i cant cuz they will have the same name and that poses a problem.

thrid off saying your island is better then mine or mine is better then yours is not only rude, but also impossible to compare. theres various levels of "better" for people with lower end computers my island is "better" for people with higher end computers your island is "better" for people that like having 12 gigs of "other addons" your island is better. for people that dont like filling thier addon folder up with hundreds of "needed addons" then mine is better. you see you cant just say "this island is better then that island" thats merely a personal preferance over whos is whos. that goes with any addon, mod, island, unit, weapon, anything. saying "mine is better then yours" is very rude and very insulting to the people who put forth hours and hours of work just to have some snot nosed brat come along and go "lookey lookey mine is better then yours cuz im cooler!" so before you go insulting people and thier work.. think before you speak.

also i resent the term "nosey replies" as i didnt just "make a new version" of the island, i took the project on as my own to finish it. wacky iraqi and usmc sniper did a good job on thier beta which they had no plans on finishing, so i took it upon myself to take over the project and update it to what they orginaly described the final to be like (back when this was nothign more then pretty pictures in the addons and mods discussion). and the african version, and your version arent just "updates" and "Fixes" they are completly new islands

and finaly reason A: was i didnt want to add 30 megs of fneeded addons onto the already 40 megs. and reason B was its very laggy when its moving. and i was trying to make the updated version of the island more PC freindly to low and middle ranged computers to enable larger scale missions with more men, vehicles or action. as oppsed to a tonal or nogova type island where anything more then 60 units on the entire map will drop your frame rate to the single digits.

im trying to be nice here and your getting an awfuly rude additude and i dont like it. its additudes like that which make me start to wonder why i spent sleepless nights updaing, creating, and working on addons and mods like Y2K3, USCG, Ocean Island, and the H53 pack.

Settle down. sad_o.gif Why the bad attitude Evil Clown?

Both islands look great.

Pappy this is a great island.

Some quick debugs if they haven't already been brought up:

Kegety revolver addon dependency is still being called up upon startup of the game.

Bikers and Criminals in the Resistance Section causing Model Special errors. Are these supposed to be in there? I see you have removed all the other miscellaneous units originally in the resistance side. (The Mafia guys work fine though)

I got some Mipmap error messages with particular textures when running around playing a quick and dirty mission mission.

The next time I get it, I'll let you know the exact textures. Sorry I can't remember them right now.

Otherwise GREAT FREAKING URBAN MAP, is all I can say. The new features polish this map up really well.

I look forward to any further developments on this map from either yourself or Evil Clown.

But seriously... I think if there's two different maps it's not really a bad thing. They both seem to have their own good elements.

THANKS SO MUCH.

i only messed with the island i didnt even do anythign with the units. the triads dont even have a model so watch out for that too. the only things that i noticed work were the Law Enforcment units on the west side.

speaking of units i have finished 2 missions, i still gotta write up some lame breifing (the mission isnt all that great so dont expect much) i stil lneed to do the national gaurd one which i will work on later then ill pack up my missions and required addons (wont be much i promise, just the troublemakers malden biker units for mission 2 and the WYW_opfor for all 3 missions

Quote[/b] ]But seriously... I think if there's two different maps it's not really a bad thing. They both seem to have their own good elements.

i totaly agree with this, which is why i reminded him, and anyone else workin on an island based on this to make sure the name of the pbo and the name in the config are differnt from thier current path as not to overwrite the orginal. this way we can play with all 3 versions if we want to. rather then "pick the best island" cuz that will cause all kinds of problems for mission makers, multiplayers, and users alike.

Geeez..

it was late last night, and papy got nosy.. big deal?

And no, im not 13 you fuckin brat.

My config is a total renew from the old, it has nothing that will collide with other ocean island config/maps.

And yeah, i made this addon for my own use. not for completing a "dream" or any of that. personal use only.

what up with the triads aint working? i've played with those 500 times  rock.gif

hmm, i just belive that my ocean island "part" of my island is more detailed than yours, giving it more of a urban feeling, with this and that, you will have to find them for ye self.

hm, i got the feeling that Papy thinks hes the new boss over ocean island, and thats hahahaha, funny.  biggrin_o.gif

P.s, i used the Trains because they add to the town, and the desert, not for filling up anyones addonfolder. i f you dont like trains, dont download my map.

Hah, so noone downloaded Newland? There were trains in newland right? hmm, aww, if it wasnt for those trains..  tounge_o.gif

Edit; i don't see my map as the new ocean island, i see it more as the ofp mexico/texas map, with a town similar to that town in ocean island. the part where ocean island once were, is covering about 5 % of the entire map.or less.

Geeez..

it was late last night, and papy got nosy.. big deal?

And no, im not 13 you fuckin brat.

My config is a total renew from the old, it has nothing that will collide with other ocean island config/maps.

And yeah, i made this addon for my own use. not for completing a "dream" or any of that. personal use only.

what up with the triads aint working? i've played with those 500 times  rock.gif

hmm, i just belive that my ocean island "part" of my island is more detailed than yours, giving it more of a urban feeling, with this and that, you will have to find them for ye self.

hm, i got the feeling that Papy thinks hes the new boss over ocean island, and thats hahahaha, funny.  biggrin_o.gif

P.s, i used the Trains because they add to the town, and the desert, not for filling up anyones addonfolder. i f you dont like trains, dont download my map.

Hah, so noone downloaded Newland? There were trains in newland right? hmm, aww, if it wasnt for those trains..  tounge_o.gif

Edit; i don't see my map as the new ocean island, i see it more as the ofp mexico/texas map, with a town similar to that town in ocean island. the part where ocean island once were, is covering about 5 % of the entire map.or less.

People who say their stuff is better than others have no character.

Let others decide which one is better wink_o.gif

With comments like mine is better than yours you sound like 13 tounge_o.gif

Look at Marfy, SelectThis and other great addon makers have you ever seen THEM saying their the best addon makers rock.gif

Others say their the best not themself wink_o.gif

And have you ever seen them telling other modders my stuff is better than yours rock.gif

So yes you sound like 13 my friend biggrin_o.gif

You must be new to this forum Mr. Clown.   Very soon you should be meeting Mr. Moderator.  We have heated discussions here but we don't call each other stuff like "Fucking Brat".   Pappy is a great guy and was trying very hard to be nice to you.  Apparently you don't know how to be civil on forums.   I certainly will not even look at your version after reading your posts.  If your parents didn't teach you to be civil, then maybe life will teach you that there are negative consequences to being rude towards people...either that or you will be one of those miserable bitter people who go through life thinking that the rest of the world is out to get them and never figure out the simple concept of negative action = negative reaction when it comes to relationships with fellow human beings.

But I hope that you will learn eventually that being courteous and civil towards people 90% of the time causes people to behave the same way in return towards you.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

wow_o.gif no! don't ban me! wow_o.gifwow_o.gif

haha, i aint saying im the best, im just saying that papy's island is crap from what iwe seen ingame. plain n simple.

Mr.moderator ! don't hurt me! hahaha tounge_o.giftounge_o.giftounge_o.gif

I disagree with you, Clown.

I think this island is one of the best, as it has all those cool things like the biker bar and chinese restaurant. It's actually the best detailed urbanized area i've seen in OFP.

But as always, opinions are opinions. Now to the criticism:

As I said, a great island, well done Pappy! But I was wondering if you could anyhow get an exit to the Suncoast Autos? Well there is the door, but you can't drive your brand new car out from it can you? Maybe just a hole to the other side, so that you can drive to the garage and out to the streets.

My island is 20mb, is there a page wich hosts 20 free? i can't send it with my mail coz the mail wont accept files larger than 10mb.. unclesam.gif

Evil Clown, you can use www.yousendit.com for temporary hosting. Also, if you go 3-4 pages back, you can download the fixed skyscrappers (added missing lobby) and carpark. You're welcome to use it in your version.

PS. I hope you're aware, that AEF trains will NOT go over the bridges? I'm saying this, because from your screenshots, I see you used them in some places and this reneders these railways useless. Also, if you are using my ags_inds.pbo, you can find much better train platforms (compared to AEF one's) in there.  wink_o.gif

Edit: It seems yousendit is down at the moment... just wait some time or try to contact somebody from ofp.info.

Evil Clown, you can use www.yousendit.com for temporary hosting. Also, if you go 3-4 pages back, you can download the fixed skyscrappers (added missing lobby) and carpark. You're welcome to use it in your version.

PS. I hope you're aware, that AEF trains will NOT go over the bridges? I'm saying this, because from your screenshots, I see you used them in some places and this reneders these railways useless. Also, if you are using my ags_inds.pbo, you can find much better train platforms (compared to AEF one's) in there.  wink_o.gif

Edit: It seems yousendit is down at the moment... just wait some time or try to contact somebody from ofp.info.

yeah, i'll do that.. didnt know you had trainstations in your ags industrypack... hmm.. witch version?

and i know that the trains arent working very well, it's only the engine that runs on the bridge.. but i will keep it because it adds to my map just looking good.

i need a place where i can host my map.. grumble..

has anybody made any fun missions to play? cause i suck at making missions lol crazy_o.gif

I've made, but hey, I'm not good in mission making either... They are very simple...

And... Has anyone else tried the McDonald's Drive-in with a chopper? Tried it with DKM Comanche, hoovering, doors open... Might show a pic sometime.

i had fun with 'em mustang street racer cars with a friend tounge_o.gif

im thinking about making a coop , but i want to check out the other versions of this island if the city is bigger it would suit my needs better biggrin_o.gif