Sign in to follow this  
sanctuary

Sanctuary's Animation Pack 1.5

say thanks to people providing a hosting help for addon files , not me.

Without them nothing would be available.

No.

There are already 2 good packs with animations (static and complex ones) for custcenes (and ingame) :

- the unified animation pack that regroup more than 100 animations

- the recent wilco pack that contains really good ones

I see no need to re-invent the wheel when there are pack that have already such high quality content.

i thought about suicide animations, where that guy lift the pistol to his head and fires, or a shotgun into his stomach

someting like this

my jaw litterally dropped open when I saw this on OFP.info. GREAT WORK!!!

Great addon, I replaced my Y2K3 anim pbo with this one.

It is too bad there is not a way to implement both your animations, maybe have the patroling one for "safe" and the weapon on the back for "careless".

@blink dog:

now that is a real great idea, if that would be possible it would really enrich mission making, because both animations are needed

but if it is not possible i will stay with the patrol anims, they are great!!!

i guess i have to say: "great work as usual, sanctuary!" biggrin_o.gif

greets Honcho

Great addon, I replaced my Y2K3 anim pbo with this one.

me too blues.gif

i have noticed one small bug

blood.jpg

when firing from the standing postion, looking in 3rd person (i havnt fully experimented this) you somehow shoot yourself in the hands/arms. after about 15 to 30 hits your arms are dammaged (blood textures) so somehow im shooting myself, and it has something to do with the animation.. BUT the problem is that its only in certian postions. like if you spray fire up and down (using 3rd person) theres only 2 points where u end up shooting yourself. i mean thats good.. that it doesnt happen often. but its a problem in recreating it.

oh and the new sitting animation is awesome! its a lil wierd if u have a pistol or are unarmed, but thats alright its a small comprimise for great animations.

i watched some cut scenes when i booted up the game, and also played "camping" since we start out in the safe animation for awhile and all in all its very nice, very realistic. since most of the game's action is war based, and "camping" or no.. there is no such thing as "relaxation" so your patrol/safe animations are perfect. a nice balence between "not worried" and "alert" perfect for in the gaurd towers or just walkin around camp.

I've installed the patrole pack too and I think it's a keeper.

[g]http://tootallinc.atwar.net/images/blood.jpg[/img]

when firing from the standing postion, looking in 3rd person (i havnt fully experimented this) you somehow shoot yourself in the hands/arms. after about 15 to 30 hits your arms are dammaged (blood textures) so somehow im shooting myself, and it has something to do with the animation.. BUT the problem is that its only in certian postions. like if you spray fire up and down (using 3rd person) theres only 2 points where u end up shooting yourself. i mean thats good.. that it doesnt happen often. but its a problem in recreating it.

I tried during 10 minutes to reproduce this bug with different soldiers and weapon models, firing full auto emptying 3 mags each time and did not hurted myself.

If you can find a pattern about the exact situation when this occur (soldier model and weapon model) it could be helpfull as it seems that none of my tests can do this .

During those 10mn i tested while standing and in external view on Suchey , ORCS , HYK and Laser units and found nothing with their own weapons.

(tested with a medic unit next to me , to check if the "Heal at medic" action appeared , showing that i was damagin myself without blood textures appearing... and nothing in my tests)

Do you know if there are any Short-stocking anims out there?

USMC-Congbuster told me:

Quote[/b] ]Its called "Short-stocking", there are various ways to do this, despite common sense telling you otherwise, this proves to be very effective in a Mout or Bust environment.

mcwp3353_157:

Quote[/b] ]Short  Stocking.  Rifles may be “short  stocked† to  increase  their  maneuverability  in  an enclosed  area  and  to  reduce  possible  “target  indicators† for  the  enemy  (muzzles  sticking around corners, for example). The weapon is held in such a manner as to reduce the length of the weapon without  sacrificing too much accuracy (Figure A-7). The stock is positioned so that the pistol grip is behind the Marine’s head. The Marine may use his index finger or thumb to manipulate the trigger. The handguard of the weapon is placed against the Marine’s cheek

Pics:

http://media.militaryphotos.net/photos....001.jpg

[g]http://tootallinc.atwar.net/images/blood.jpg[/img]

I tried during 10 minutes to reproduce this bug with different soldiers and weapon models, firing full auto emptying 3 mags each time and did not hurted myself.

If you can find a pattern about the exact situation when this occur (soldier model and weapon model) it could be helpfull as it seems that none of my tests can do this .

During those 10mn i tested while standing and in external view on Suchey , ORCS , HYK and Laser units and found nothing with their own weapons.

(tested with a medic unit next to me , to check if the "Heal at medic" action appeared , showing that i was damagin myself without blood textures appearing... and nothing in my tests)

as i said its very hard to reproduce, so its really nothing to worry about.

i do have one suggestion, if your still open to them?

the salute animation looks awful weird when your unarmed so i propose a suggestion. and to save me the time of looking for waht i mean. i took the liberty of posing myself to show u what i mean.

Ideas for:

Sitting Animation (sorry its kinda dark)

Salute Animation (perfect to interpolate with the next suggestion)

At Ease/Safe Animation

now what i like best about the new Safe suggestion is, that if you are armed with a rifel the butt of it sits in the palm of your hand, which if your armed with a pistol or unarmed, then the place for the rifel is invisable and you look like your unarmed (normal walking) and thus in missions where someone is armed with just a pistol (IE: nogova police) its not so obvious that they (the AI) are armed adding a more realistic touch to it. and if your unarmed then its not so weird having your hands in an odd manner without anything in them, same with the sitting suggestion.

so basicly im suggesting you use the BIS unarmed stance.. and just put the rifel proxy in between the arm and the chest, and have it "attached" to the left hand so that when the person is walking and thier hand "sways" back and forth the rifel sways with it in a casual manner.

these are merely suggestions for ya. i know you been kickin out updates and trying to make a "Final" so i can understand if u arent open to suggestions anymore

Interesting suggestion, as i found my "salute" animation a bit weird too (due to the fact this animation is supposed to be played very quickly in BIS config)

I appreciate the fact you took enough time to take picture , it is helpfull to me.

I will see how the static safe stand animation you are suggesting interpolate with the safe "patrol" walk , this interpolation is done by OFP itself so i have no control on how the gun will come from the safe stand to the safe walk (that's why i made the static safe stand to look like the animated safe walk).

If it is satisfying enough (not having the weapon having a "mystic" movement), maybe i will release an updated pack.

Of course if a better idea for the safe stand comes in your mind, feel free to suggest it, as an update will not be exactly for tomorrow.

Interesting suggestion, as i found my "salute" animation a bit weird  too (due to the fact this animation is supposed to be played very quickly in BIS config)

I appreciate the fact you took enough time to take picture , it is helpfull to me.

I will see how the static safe stand animation you are suggesting interpolate with the safe "patrol" walk , this interpolation is done by OFP itself so i have no control on how the gun will come from the safe stand to the safe walk (that's why i made the static safe stand to look like the animated safe walk).

If it is satisfying enough (not having the weapon having a "mystic" movement), maybe i will release an updated pack.

Of course if a better idea for the safe stand comes in your mind, feel free to suggest it, as an update will not be exactly for tomorrow.

what do you mean it wont be tomorrow?!  crazy_o.gif  lol im just kiddin.

how about for the safe animation you have the gun... oh shoot hang on....

ok got 2 more pic ideas then. i forgot about the safe stand to walk interpolation. so heres a new idea for the safe stand/walk that would still involve the gun to "warp" from one postion to another, but i honestly dont think it would look that bad in this case since in real life you would move pretty fast from postion 1 to postion 2

Patrol/Standing Safe

Patrol/Walking Safe

and to get an idea how it would interpolate, open both pictures in 2 differnt windows. then quickly click back and forth between the two. the rifel would "Warp" quickly to the new postion but it wouldnt look that bad.

i hope you consider the sitting animation too, due to OFP's possibilities you gota remember there are civilian and unarmed times too, not to mention pistols (hidden from veiw) so it looks weird having a phantom weapon there.

PS: i know my sitting picture i look weird not having shoes on but keep in mind its 5am here  tounge_o.gif  so im not exactly "dressing" up completly just for pics  tounge_o.gif

Edit: and its no problem me takin pics to show you what i mean. its alot easier to show you then try and tell you. and secondly i could describe all i want.. and you could make 90 differnt animations that wouldnt be what im suggestion.. so if u want something done right.. do it yourself. so if i want the animation to look right then i better take a pic myself to show what i mean. (my suggestions are for everyone and im not suggestion that you go to all this trouble just cuz i wanted something differnt, im attempting to suggestion something that im looking for, but would also benfit you in ofering a more universal sitting, safe, and salute animations for pistol toting and unarmed fellas)

2 words : HOLY SHIT

You are pretty damn good ! I like patrol animations (did you do them all by yourself or modified bis walking anims and changed the gun position. I tried to do such anims myself from the start but they look quite weird).

Anyway you can try solving 'sit' problem working on OFP config if this is possible ( i think it is, just to define some new animations in cfgmoves... )

2 words : HOLY SHIT

You are pretty damn good ! I like patrol animations (did you do them all by yourself or modified bis walking anims and changed the gun position. I tried to do such anims myself from the start but they look quite weird).

Anyway you can try solving 'sit' problem working on OFP config if this is possible ( i think it is, just to define some new animations in cfgmoves... )

No, the original patrol animation (he did the walking forward to the 0° angle) was created by Dreamy Knight , it had some problem for a direct port to a replacement animations (the gun was going inside the body when walking) so i fixed it and replaced this 0° angle walking weapon on back.

After that, to keep things smooth i had to do, using the same basis, all the other walking angles

It was a long and boring "trial and error" work, as OFPAnim has no "rotate everything to x° angle" feature, and while rotating things myself to what i guessed to be the angle i expected the launcher and weapon proxy did not stayed attched

It was then really funny to move them all other again and again for each frames for all those animations (as those "moving" animation are made by several static animations that you have to keep consistant)

After the following were done (they are those walking forward to x° angle)

chuzebez-90l.rtm

chuzebez90l.rtm

chuzebez-45l.rtm

chuzebez45l.rtm

chuzebez0l.rtm

chuzebez180l.rtm

chuzebez-135l.rtm

chuzebez135l.rtm

I had to make 21 other animations linked to this patrol one without any basis to keep all the other "weapon in back" credible and prevent the weapon to "jump" magically from a position to another.

Not really another pleasant works as it "looked weird" very often , as you said , forcing me to redo them countless times.

sanctuary mate you are quite basically the MAN! This pack is awesome and im so pleased that you have done a patrol version

seriously best addon ever mate

cheers

i thought about suicide animations, where that guy lift the pistol to his head and fires, or a shotgun into his stomach

someting like this

rock.gif

the only problem i find so far for this new one is that the

AT lunchers seems to turn to the other side of the back while LD/radio weapons seems to be unaffected, will do some more test later to see if it is on every units

screenshots are usefull if you want to report a bug.

Just wanna say your work is beautiful Sanctuary.

One Word man: Just terrific!!!

a friend of mine was on visit and i was playing around with your anims. Now my ofp is state of the art with all the bells and whistles like dxdll and such and my friend asked: "wow! What the heck are you playing?! Did i miss the greatest game of the year?!"

LOL, "no" i said, you have had it on your shelf for years now.... biggrin_o.gif

Anyway, what units are you using on your patrol screenshots Santa? xmas_o.gif oops sorry Sanctuary...

Anyway, what units are you using on your patrol screenshots Santa? xmas_o.gif oops sorry Sanctuary...

They are "fantassin - commandos" from Operation Frenchpoint troops

Thanks for your feedback everyone.

wow incredible addons wow_o.gif

and with your anims they look freakin' unbelievable!!!

Go hide Battlefield2 or whatever other game!!

YOU ARE THE MAN!!!