Sign in to follow this  
philcommando

Animated 3d Clouds

TO be honest I think it looks like shit sad_o.gif

If you cannot offer constructive criticism then refrain from posting please.

grr....

*peep* 1(!%$!% !!! *Peep*

ok soem constructive critics:

they look like pan cakes i must admit

cuz:

a: u have clear sharp edges

> clods dont have aht tehy are fluffy and flaky (lol)

solution: make layerd objects

eg spheres stuck into each other with a cloud texture on it (liek default bis cloud texture)

b: they are rectangular

never seen those (ok when i was drunk but ive ssen a red lightning too...)

solution:

watch the skies philly biggrin_o.gif

and make wot u c biggrin_o.gif

Just a thought but maybe make them smaller and puffier. Then have a few more of them floating at different speeds/directions so you get little overlaps happening. Might help?

Philcommando. Please. Do me the following favour. Look up at the sky. Yes, nice and blue isnt it! Ohhh and look at those nice fluffy things. Right, see them? THOSE are clouds. Thats right, they look fluffy, not like the giant floating pool of jizz you have made.

Other than that, rename it the "giant 3d animated pools of jizz pack" and your well away.

Philcommando. Please. Do me the following favour. Look up at the sky. Yes, nice and blue isnt it! Ohhh and look at those nice fluffy things. Right, see them? THOSE are clouds. Thats right, they look fluffy, not like the giant floating pool of jizz you have made.

Other than that, rename it the "giant 3d animated pools of jizz pack" and your well away.

Do you seriously have 0 respect?

Ok, if you don't like it, you can give constructive critisism, why are you slamming Phil in the face like that?

You must of been dropped on your head as a child. mad_o.gif

That's a 48hr post restriction with 2 WL.

Quote[/b] ]Do you seriously have 0 respect?

Bang on

Quote[/b] ]Ok, if you don't like it, you can give constructive critisism

I did. It went along the lines of "your clouds look like floating pools of jizz, real clouds look fluffy".

Quote[/b] ]You must of been dropped on your head as a child.

Your very perceptive!

Look at me I'm an fading violet attention whore!!!

From ofplashpoint.org by Pathy:

<snipped>

1950_ermey.jpg

What's your major malfunction Maggot?

You would think as a addon maker yourself you'd have more respect for a person, any person attempting to give something to the OFP community. But it seems that you're rather hypocritical when it comes to giving constructive criticism. Especially considering what a whiner you were when people made bad comments about your own releases, to the point where you were repeatedly banned from ofplashpoint.org.

@Philcommando, don't give this foghornleghorn chickenhawk the time of day. mad_o.gif

Man Pathy, I used to have a lot more respect for you. I'm really sorry you posted that, as now I think your a jerk sad_o.gif.

Anyway, the clouds are looking good Phil. I have 1 suggestion though, the clouds at this stage look more like smoke than clouds. Perhaps they look to thin or not puffy? I can't exactly put my finger on the exact problem rock.gif. Anyway, keep up the good work smile_o.gif.

lol! this 1st clouds were only meant to receive feedback on how to improve it further, if u would read the earlier posts, resulting in a new post 'Thunder n lightning' kept separate so that u can see the improvements based on positive constructions helped by others.

Thanks for your support guys, great to belong in this community. I can take all kinds of criticisms, been taking it for years,lol! But i only worry about the new ones, many who fear trying for the slamming they will get for doing free stuffs and hope that u will continue to encourage and support them.

It would be our community's loss if new species of flowers are nipped in the bud and not allowed to bloom, some takes years to see good results.

Pathy, i accept your criticism, good or bad, but it made me realised what kind of addonmaker u are even after all these years to make a criticism like that. Are u the kind that move a few vertics, retextured others work including config and scripts and claim u are an original addonmaker? For u seem not to realise the difficulty with making original addons to open ofp1 further. Then perhaps i can help educate u further.

1. An original addon means there is no addon that u can copy from, in terms of 02 model, concepts, config, and scripts.

2. The addon must never never lag the game, for what use is it if it can only be for digital photography? defeats its purpose only, for we can go to tradeshows for better photography, or get 3dmax to enhance better digital pics.

Either u feel u are capable of making better clouds, or u just dont like to see ofp grow so a cunningly couched snipe here and there would be a better waste of time than to sit down and work something better for the community. Are u up to the challenge to make better clouds that would enhance the game and not slow it down? if u are, no worries, i wont even give u a positive criticism, but will applaud u, thank u and even lay the claim that u make a breakthru!tounge_o.gif

I thank the presence of moderators, not that we fear being slammed, but that they will step in to keep the thread sane and gentlemanly, and not descend to a kids schoolyard brawl.

c'mon folks, its only a game, surely u dont expect every single bolt and nut to be in the addon too, would u, and expect to play it? at least not with today's present chip power - still far from nuclear bomb simulation type. wow_o.gif

That was touching. Phil, you gained alot of respect from me! You are a great person. smile_o.gif

And keep up the good work! Im looking forward to the next version.

JGreyNemo please don't drag things in from other forums, on here let's worry only about what's said on here smile_o.gif

every single bolt and nut to be in the addon too

Your doing a Nut and Bolt addon too PC !??

Wow biggrin_o.gif LOL

But seriously :P ..... on the shadow thing, I've not been "under" a big enough shadow ingame to know what it would be like exactly BUT .... I suspect it adds atmosphere ..... imaging being in the woods (darkish already) trying to sneak up on someone ...... and a cloud goes over .... bugger !!! Lost him!

.... Or sneaking up a shadowed hillside and bam! The cloud cover clears and your see an enmy squad laying 20m in front of you crazy_o.gif

Anyhow you get the picture ..... I suspect its worth testing smile_o.gif

Hi Phil,

I think your ideas are awesome, I always looked up to the sky in OFP and thought that it is a shame there are only flat layers of cloud's.

So I took your idea end put my own's in to it. It's ready to be released so if you are allright with using a part of your code, I will. This one is also lag-free, but the clouds ar not really 3d, just gives you the impression.

I put some screens in the General forum:

Click

3d1.jpg

Looks great!!...go ahead,Wachtmeester....i dont own the config or scripts, it was meant to assist anyone else to cut down their developement time. I think it looks great and should it work ingame, i feel u should take all the credit because u brought realism to a new level smile_o.gif

Bladdy hell that those are great clouds saw them at the OFP:CP thread and was amazed wow_o.gif

*chants* RELEASE RELEASE *chants*

biggrin_o.gif