Sign in to follow this  
MINIGUN

Petition For BIS About Full OXYGEN

SPAM ALERT blues.gifblues.gifblues.gif

I would love to give O2 Full Edition a run, though I am not a really serious modeller. As Gordy said, perhaps a good Maya or soem other Modelling Program plugin would be better smile_o.gif.

Well I learnt all my modelling in O2 and 3DSMax is an different experience, altough I use it sometimes.

O2 would be great but I don't see any reasons why should they do it. rock.gif

Anyways sign me in.

Well I learnt all my modelling in O2 and 3DSMax is an different experience, altough I use it sometimes.

O2 would be great but I don't see any reasons why should they do it.  rock.gif

Anyways sign me in.

3DS Max is a pleasure, O2 is a nightmare. BTW how many polies can O2 handle?

Around 12.000. OFP can't really handle more without lag anyway, so it's a good limit (for a change) tounge_o.gif

Knallkopf

hmmm, the idea sound good but Idon't think you'll get a chance...

Is any results of this spontanic action. I'm interesting is anybody from BiS read this topic.

err...actually 02 is GREAT!!!!!!!!! I've spent years on the expensive 3dmax systems, seemed lost when i tried 02, but once got used to it, i never went back to 3dmax to create models for ofp. The features and GDI of 02 are actually simplier and more intuitive than max. To be honest, if 02 was heavy instead of light, i wouldnt mind paying for it. ( c'mon guys, be fair, folks need to eat and i am sure u wouldnt mind comming out a couple of dollars, i doubt if its gonna be expensive considering that BIS has a ready market of millions of fans and some features of max wouldnt be needed for this great game.)

02 is GREAT!!!!!!!!! I've spent years on the expensive 3dmax systems, seemed lost when i tried 02, but once got used to it, i never went back to 3dmax to create models for ofp. The features and GDI of 02 are actually simplier and more intuitive than max.

I agree. I've used Max and lightwave for many years, but they aren't really just model making programs, they have tons of scene animation setup and lighting options that really mess up beginners. I used these programs for making game models, so these extra functions seemed in the way. When I got to o2, it was like modelling in its purest form. No fancy extude or lathe commands that are designed to speed up the production of 100,000 polygon models. Each polygon requires your attention so you end up with cleaner, more effiecient models than you would get from using more powerful tools. But o2 full version would be awsome to have as it is probably the tool BIS used for making animations. Other than that I'm happy with old o2 light smile_o.gif

Ok i think if BIS release A Animator based on oxygen heavy but with only animation editing it would be great

Suma answered 32,000 faces or points in a previous topic.

I've tried 3dsmax and lightwave in the past,I was able to do what I needed but yes they are complex.

Especially considering I really had no 3d modelling experience.

I like O2 and I think its neat that you can produce the same results (within the limits of this game) with a simple program.

Hard to say if I would have even "grasped" the 3dmodelling concept without using O2.Sure I could have learned using other programs,if I had time.I don't make money off this.I make money off fixing cars and computers.

I like O2 and I think its neat that you can produce the same results (within the limits of this game) with a simple program.

Well,

I can walk from Berlin to Paris but I may use plane as well.

MAX is complex but it also handles a lot, unlike O2 which crashes under heavy load (12000 faces).

I have seen a project of a M4 rifle that was build of 2 million polies lately.

MAx helps to develop one's skills in modelling, texturing, animation, you name it.

O2 is ok in simple stuff. Texturing complex models is a nightmare, though.

its because oxy deosnt have all mapping options enabled in light

plus

its really easy to build a high poly model then a great looking low polygon model

(maya usere here)

all the poeple ive shown oxygen were blown away

btw oxy has soem features ahtat arent included in other progs (afaik) sharp/smooh edges

it only changes lightnign attributes

to achive this effect i ontehr progs u need to create normal maps

>time taking

or manpulate te model

>timetaking, polycount wasting

[OFFTOPIC]

@gordy

why wnat a 3mio polygon rifle in ofp???

i can make a good looking one with 2000 faces iwth all detailes..

no game can take mor polycounts on objects then 10000

to run smooth...

(no not even doom3 or hl2, the model are pretty low poly)

the only game i knwo hat was usch excessive was unreal 2

the chrakters (aida for exampel) had huge polycounts

a) because they couldnt buidl in renderers for normalmapping ingame >(old game it is now)

b)somewot they wanted it detailed

> they coudl achieved it even wieh a low poly model just placing the polies right and making clever textures....

[/OFFTOPIC]

same here

give us a price bis PLZ!!!

its because oxy deosnt have all mapping options enabled in light

plus

its really easy to build a high poly model then a great looking low polygon model

(maya usere here)

all the poeple ive shown oxygen were blown away

btw oxy has soem features ahtat arent included in other progs (afaik) sharp/smooh edges

it only changes lightnign attributes

to achive this effect i ontehr progs u need to create normal maps

>time taking

or manpulate te model

>timetaking, polycount wasting

[OFFTOPIC]

@gordy

why wnat a 3mio polygon rifle in ofp???

i can make a good looking one with 2000 faces iwth all detailes..

no game can take mor polycounts on objects then 10000

to run smooth...

(no not even doom3 or hl2, the model are pretty low poly)

the only game i knwo hat was usch excessive was unreal 2

the chrakters (aida for exampel) had huge polycounts

a) because they couldnt buidl in renderers for normalmapping ingame >(old game it is now)

b)somewot they wanted it detailed

> they coudl achieved it even wieh a low poly model just placing the polies right and making clever textures....

[/OFFTOPIC]

same here

give us a price bis PLZ!!!

The rifle was not meant for OFT or any other game. It is just a matter of creating a beautifull scene with animations.

I'm in too smile_o.gif I want to create vertex animations and i need O2 for that smile_o.gif