Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FlashFx Units Replacement pack 5.0!

how about changing the recoil a bit higher like the same kind as FDF mod if your aiming for realism because when you stand up youve got a good shot but with FDF the markers all over the place and it would help lengthen combat

EDIT - how about when you reload instead of using sanctuary's one use the default bis' one because in real life your meant to tilt the gun to the side and then slip the mag in thats what the Delta/Rangers were taught to do

its kind of late to ask for additions. Lets wait until 5.0 is released and ask for changes in 5.1

yep good idea anyway they can be things to think about until you start to do 5.1 if you do

Mate , Don't worry cuz I'm pretty sure that we didn't neglect anything wink_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

Honestly I still don't know , but as I said ya before it would be a surprise , however you can expect the list of changes without the link of download for tonight or tomorrow morning. smile_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

About the release date:

When the actual mod is finished, I need to finish the readme and installer. TB will have to upload the files for the rest of the team and I to download, so I can make the installer and the rest can do some last minute bug searching.

The installer is a massive complex piece of code if you choose not to use an install-maker program. I've chosen to hand code it, since it's going to be a cool installer too.

The readme is being done in both text (.txt) form and HTML. Coding HTML is a long process too, as to write one word it often takes twice the amount of characters in the word to display it properly. We are also encorporating an automatic bug reporting system, which will allow you to send the team bug reports so we can patch them.

And finally we need to test the installer, to make sure it behaves properly. If any changes are needed, we have to alter the code and recompile, which will take a long time since the file will be hundreds of megabytes. It's like having to replay an entire game after you die on the last level.

So when we say 'done when it's done', we really mean it. It will be soon if we find no bugs and the installer works the first time we compile it. If not, it may take longer. Who knows?

never though it would be that hard anyway cant wait for the release

Would you mind sharing how you can get the default islands replaced w/o overwriting them? I'd like to do this for myself?

Im not sure in which way TB is refering, so he will have to answer that.

But anyway we have a update. We ran into a little problem. If we replace desert island with a island with trees, plants, etc there will be a significant bug in MP. One person will be higher or lower then the other, so one person will appear as floating and the other in the ground for example. What we were thinking is this: A.) Make desert island as a addon island so it will be seperate then the original B.) Just change textures C.) Or anything ideas you guys can come up with. If anyone has a solution, it would be helpful. Thanks

YAY page 100

also a bug in multiplayer ayy on desert island ay

well does anywaone use desert island on multiplayer it wouldnt be the best island to chose but an addon of it doesnt seem to bad but then you will have the chocie of desert island original and desert island plat5 version

I think threre will be news when there are news.

OMG I CANT WAIT!! WOO! a surprise... umm, hmmm... i think it should be out soon.. like in the next couple of days ?? HEHHE!! wink_o.gif

Honestly I still don't know , but as I said ya before it would be a surprise  , however you can expect the list of changes without the link of download for tonight or tomorrow morning.  smile_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

rock.gif

Please be patient for a little bit more, we are waiting for something and then the chg list will be posted...just a little bit longer. Anyone got any brainstorms/ideas about desert island, the island is pretty much done, but this bug might kill it. Any suggestions would be good. wink_o.gif

<span style='font-size:22pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>CHECK THE FIRST PAGE Here</span></span>

There's still no link of Download but stay tuned wink_o.gif

Huge thanks to the CSLA mod and especially to Maa for allowing me the use of their unreleased Great addons. smile_o.gif

though currently we still need only the permission of Soul_assassin to use the T-80 they gave to the CSLA mod smile_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

OMG wow_o.gif looks incredible. I am curious to see what the csla m16 looks like! Looking forward to it...making my mouth water.

CSLA M-16 is so far the best one ever made, it's so beautiful , trust me smile_o.gif

No lag , absolutely no Lag if you make the right choice of config, I spent a lot of time testing them.

High Cpu -> < 2ghz / 512 MB DDR

Low Cpu -> < 1,2ghz / 256 MB DDR

Multi -> < 800-900mz / 128 MB DDR or SDRAM

The high configs have all effects and scripts , low ones use only few scripts , Multi uses less scripts.

The size of the addons folder has been reduced from 800 MB to around 300-350 MB making the FFUR mod 60 % less lagy than before smile_o.gif

plus they are decompressed to avoid FPS problems while in game, (thanks to Maa and to Sanctuary for their explanations). smile_o.gif

Regards

Thunderbird84

Some pics of the current used CSLA stuff for the FFUR mod

Resistance BMP-1

ffurresbmp13ii.jpg

Soviet Mi-24

ffurmi245ld.jpg

US M-16

ffurm169ry.jpg

Resistance Gaz-69

ffurgaz699tn.jpg

smile_o.gif

Looks Freakin awesome man, i cant wait for the release biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif but i hope the patch aint too big, im already way over what is meant to be my download limit lol

Welcome mate smile_o.gif

So it won't be a patch because we've carried a lot of changes from the old version improving and enhancing several things, it would be a Full pack though , but don't worry about its size because it would be around only 300MB , the most smaller total conversion size wink_o.gif

Following the fact that some people still have old graphic cards I decided to remove the sky and to put it in a small external installer of 3 MB that you will have to download at the release of the FFUR v5.0.

Best Regards

Thunderbird84