Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FlashFx Units Replacement pack 5.0!

so since your working on the installer it means its coming very soon also do you have a file size and the installer on 3.5 for me took a long time to work i open it up and it pauses and about 2 mins later it goes a bit faster then puses again then about 5 mins later finishes

That's totally logical that it occured like that, it was a huge file though , the FFUR 3.5 was 760 MB , the incoming FFUR 5.0 would be 5x better with 70 % less addons and all units replaced smile_o.gif

you can expect to get the FFUR 5.0 the incoming week/weekend wink_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

request:

could you also have a DL in RAR format i seem to allways have troubles with the exe  wink_o.gif  crazy_o.gif

Perhaps, but not initially. The release of the mod will be on a .exe installer, but if I have free time I'll make it a .rar and upload it. We're also going to be doing a version using 7-zip (ultra compression - sometimes 65% ratio) to allow smaller downloads, but that will come later too. Our primary aim is for the .exe, since it's the most user-friendly.

thanks ill be waiting biggrin_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

That's totally logical that it occured like that, it was a huge file though , the FFUR 3.5 was 760 MB , the incoming FFUR 5.0 would be 5x better with 70 % less addons and all units replaced smile_o.gif

you can expect to get the FFUR 5.0 the incoming week/weekend wink_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

YES!

I hope that's true, but just to be safe, no one suggest anything untill then!

Can't wait! biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Hi mates ,

Unfortunately there's no way to replace BIS islands by better ones from the incoming FFUR extra pack 5.0 without overwriting BIS islands.

I'm wondering if you still want them ? I can do a backup pack with BIS islands for people who won't like the new islands.

Best Regards

thunderbird84

just edit all the trees and plants like in ffur3.5 becuase i dont really care

It doesn't concern only the desert island , it concerns all BIS islands cuz I'll gonna replace them , so make your choice now though.

would ya like that the incoming Extra pack overwrite BIS islands or ?

btw I'm expecting to put online a backup pack allowing you to get BIS islands if you won't like the incoming ones.

uhhh hi...I tryed installing FlashFX and it dont work for me? do i install it to the OFP Directory or somewhere else? thanks

No you don't have to install anything , just wait for the incoming FFUR 5.0 smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]would ya like that the incoming Extra pack overwrite BIS islands or ?

Overwrite them I want to try the new ones smile_o.gif

In that case, what will you do with the Desert and Winter Replacement packs? rock.gif

Will they just be winter or desert units running around on the BIS default islands? It's not exactly like you can overwrite them again, is it?

yeah , unfortunately we'll have to overwrite each time the islands , but we'll do a backup pack with BIS original islands . smile_o.gif

yeah , unfortunately we'll have to overwrite each time the islands , but we'll do a backup pack with BIS original islands . smile_o.gif

to be 100% right their will be a backup for original islands by bis, new woodland island versions, desert island versions and winter island versions, depending on what you want to play you'll have to change the files in the worlds folder, as long as no one beats marek to change that you'll have to do it this way

if your replacing the Bis islands wouldnt that mean that playing other missions wouldnt work becuase town's and places will be in different places?

nah they'll still at the same place , but better houses , better trees , better bushes, and better resolution smile_o.gif

nah they'll still at the same place , but better houses , better trees , better bushes, and better resolution smile_o.gif

Wasnt the 4.5 ver. had new islands too? Or new textures?

You shoud rename FFUR to "Proto-Armed Assault Project" biggrin_o.gif

Regards

oh right then in that case add that to the high end config and leave the it out for the low end computers becuase its bound to cause a load more lag.

Quote[/b] ]

Wasnt the 4.5 ver. had new islands too? Or new textures?

You shoud rename FFUR to "Proto-Armed Assault Project" biggrin_o.gif

Regards

lol , thanks tounge_o.gif

yeah they'll still the same used islands in the third version though.

there would be only the desert island which will get some changes wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]oh right then in that case add that to the high end config and leave the it out for the low end computers becuase its bound to cause a load more lag.

Yeah for this reason it is optional during the setup whether to install the extras or not smile_o.gif

regards

thunderbird84

nah bud ,

Quote[/b] ]The FlashFx Units Replacement is a total conversion mod wich replaces all BIS units in the 4 sides (west,east,resistance,civil) by the best addons and effects ever done by the comunity , this total conversion mod is based on the era 1985 in the goal to make more realistic and authentic BIS campaigns and missions

smile_o.gif

Regards

thunderbird84

Quote[/b] ]1985 in the goal to make more realistic and authentic BIS campaigns and missions

Okay that seems fine but a bit back someone said this wasnt really made to play the original ofp campaigns just newer things like user missions.

Anyway any closer to an ETA?

Quote[/b] ]Okay that seems fine but a bit back someone said this wasnt really made to play the original ofp campaigns just newer things like user missions.

rock.gifrock.gifrock.gif

Nah mods like BAS , UKF , DKM , Roc , VME etc etc bring new thing without replacing BIS stuff wink_o.gif

The pack should be ready the incoming weekend , if you still have any interesting proposal for us , do it immediately please cuz we'll start defintively making the installer though.

btw there would be some cool surprises for ya smile_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

Wonderful mod I should say but I cant fit this thing on a disc for my friend... Any alternative solutions for the cop here?

Hi ,

Wait for the incoming FFUR 5.0 which should be less than 400 MB with everything wink_o.gif

Regards

thunderbird84