Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FlashFx Units Replacement pack 5.0!

those parachutes they look alittle whit they should be more of a camoflauge like a dark colour also parachutes being shot down FINALLY

Also the rest looks great also i think opening a new thread would be better this is a bit crowded

So thunder, is the installer that is going to be realesed in the next, i dont know days, be better than the

one u used before ?

keeping the officail addons oes that mean the boring old looking trees and water ? also what units are the americans ? also try and make sure they have that cool loking headset the pilots and crew men do also if possible darken the camo unless we can do that with changing brightness and so on.

Cant wait

Hmmm, v5 is getting closer to my hard drive smile_o.gif

TB84, you stated that "BIS islands won't be replaced in the incoming FFUR 5.0 in the goal to avoid several problems. (mainly problems of overwriting)".

Does this means that FFXUR 5 will automatically o/write with original islands ? Do you advise us to move back to BIS islands ??

Keeping BIS islands will certainly help to manage distant OFP dedicated servers. Thus it is surely a smart move. However, it would be a dream to be able to launch FFXUR with or without improved islands while playing SP or hosting a game on your own PC at home wink_o.gif

Looks good smile_o.gif Nice job ThunderBird.

How does the AI surrender? Does it have to be scripted in the mission editor or the script is already in the addon?

@Totola: that depends only on you, the folder worlds in your ofp directory is where everon, kolgujev, malden and desert island are located as .wrp files.

depending on if you are playing singleplayer or mp you'll have to do a 3 second renaming action, nothing hard. we'll anyway give instructions how to do it when everything is ready

@stealth3: there are some parametres that have to be fullfilled in order to make them surrender, you can test that when it is out, you don't have anythign to do smile_o.gif

@456820: american units are Hyks + we are no addon makers

okay cool its a shame about your no addon makers becuase im getting bored of Hyk's units no offence just there everywhere EECP uses them and so does Y2K3 but t be truthull i prefer the look of the cre more than the soldier's

I'm a big fan of your pack guys, it really does improve Flashpoint tenfold. Keep up the excellent work! What I would really like to know is that with this new pack, do we actually get the islands replaced by default? I don't have any problems with having them overwritten (although I'm sure others do). If it improves the look of the islands, gives them higher quality textures and resistance objects and so forth, I would love you to overwrite them. Is this still the case, or are we talking about a different kettle of fish altogether?

Anyways, keep up the good work guys, can't wait for version 5.

Even if they were addon makers, why would they waste time on new soldier moddels just because a person got tire of them. There are more important things that have priority.

Does a tank explodes more than once like in FDF, or just once at the beginning?

yeh your right STelth3 and FDF tanks explode several times wich would be nice to see.

Also can you give weapons recoil like FDF do becuase you have a pinpoint aim standing up in FlasFX but on FDF its wobling all over the place

Thank you all for the nice comments , btw the flames and the burning sequences will appear at each explosion though .

Don't worry Totala , Sanctuary explained me a nice way to replace BIS islands without overwriting them , I'll try it today and will keep ya informed wink_o.gif

btw there would be several nice replacements if I'd get a permission from Maa .

stay tuned , the first page would be updated very soon smile_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

on ofp.info near the bottom there is a new pach of 5t trucks also a wintr one i think

erm im wondering on the first page it has the pic of the man aiminghis m16 and it says FLASH FX and so on and in the top left corner says pc-cdrom

you should know what pic i mean anyway the guy in that what units he? i havent seen anyone who looks like him in the mod is that a Hyk soldier with brightness downand so on.

If no why cant we play as them to me they look better than the american soldiers in the mod at the moment. and the M16 in that photo the M16 in the mod at the moment doesnt really look like that plus that has the straight mag not the curved one is that an older version or something ?

It isn't a M16 and this soldier isn't used by the mod , it's only a sceenshot used in the pic.

and don't worry about the addons used in the FFUR mod , they'll be the best ones suited to the era 1985 ever done by the strong community of OFP smile_o.gif

erm im wondering on the first page it has the pic of the man aiminghis m16 and it says FLASH FX and so on and in the top left corner says pc-cdrom

you should know what pic i mean anyway the guy in that what units he? i havent seen anyone who looks like him in the mod is that a Hyk soldier with brightness downand so on.

If no why cant we play as them to me they look better than the american soldiers in the mod at the moment. and the M16 in that photo the M16 in the mod at the moment doesnt really look like that plus that has the straight mag not the curved one is that an older version or something ?

The m16 in the photo isn't an m16. It is an SR25, and that weapon is by king homer...its a special-forces sniper weapon based off the m16 as a base I believe. You can download the weapon here.

The soldier is laser's OLD deltas, which can be found here and are worse than his current batch of deltas/rangers, IMO.

Quote[/b] ]The soldier is laser's ranger.

are you sure when this was released i dont think lasers relased his rangers pack thenbut about the weapon it looks like the M16 from vietnam with the straignt mag but anyway my mistake

edited my post, they are his old deltas...read above edited post smile_o.gif

You are correct actually, the weapon pack is using a laser' teaser units which were released months before and contained just one unit.

sorry but my internet at the moment wont seem to let me click on links through web pages so i have to copy and paste an url so could you send me an url

sorry but my internet at the moment wont seem to let me click on links through web pages so i have to copy and paste an url so could you send me an url

Hi mate smile_o.gif

Here is the link:

Quote[/b] ]

The m16 in the photo isn't an m16. It is an SR25, and that weapon is by king homer...its a special-forces sniper weapon based off the m16 as a base I believe.  You can download the weapon

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=6557

Homers Engagement Pack

ftp://www.gamezone.cz:8021/ofpd/unofaddons/HEP-Weapons.zip

Quote[/b] ]

The soldier is laser's OLD deltas, which can be found here and are worse than his current batch of deltas/rangers,  IMO.

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=6827

LSR Delta Force v1.00 released

ftp://www.gamezone.cz:8021/ofpd/unofaddons2/LSR_Delta.rar

ftp://www.gamezone.cz:8021/ofpd/unofaddons2/LSR_uswp.rar

I hope it was that you mean?  tounge_o.gif

Maximus-Sniper

Have you considered ditching the Kord and going to a DShK?

The Kord also screws up some missions because the Tripod height won't allow sighting over top of the sandbag berms.

More on the DShK:

DShK

Don't worry about the addons dudes wink_o.gif

you'll have the list of changes maybe tonight or tomorrow.

stay tuned

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

Just the list of changes, he was pretty clear. Be patient the release is getting nearer, it won't take long now, but do get sleep. tounge_o.gif