Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FlashFx Units Replacement pack 5.0!

Why do they continue to use the dull looking guns instead of what the first Y2K3 used? I think their Inq's weapon pack thing or somethin,but they are the best I have seen,so why use the generic looking ones (yes I know their not generic BIS ones the texture is,but their more 3D modelled)

EDIT: And if its about realism then I have held one of these things before,Inq's looked very close.

http://img231.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img231ℑ=m16a24sg.jpg

the realism has been enhanced a lot by studying all the details , to notice them you have to try each weapons and each tank , InQ weapons are good but their textures are very "flashy" , and if you dislike the mod , you always can use another one smile_o.gif

Yep thats the main reason why i still use Y2K3 to most missions and campains.

Yeah, like tomislav said they are very flashy-they dont feel like killing machines-they feel like movie props.

I love the music changes, as well as the high-res textures for the islands. Haven't encountered any problems so far with the new release. Many thanks, thunderbird!

PS. I un-pbo'ed that music.pbo file and added the songs to my playlist! Gotta love Hans Zimmer...

Yeah, like tomislav said they are very flashy-they dont feel like killing machines-they feel like movie props.

u may be right, but they look like a real new M16, and not like blur pixels.

There r no others models out there? only this ones and INQ?

What about if I or someone edited the textures of the M16A2 to fit more like the one in the picture I held?

What about if I or someone edited the textures of the M16A2 to fit more like the one in the picture I held?

knock yourself out smile_o.gif

I download it now again 64%

but the Mirror from StealthTiger i only ha 5.4KB\s #

on the standart server i have 56.3KB\s

hope it works then rock.gifsad_o.gif

The readme say 3 solo config, but i see only one?!?!?

The blood make lag on my pc.

Good work comme d'hab...

P.S: i prefer the original cobra

@chevladimir

This replace ALL Units from OFP and add some scripts and some other things wink_o.gif

But it dosn't work by me sad_o.gif i downloaded it 3times and try reinstall OFP and patch it to 1.96 again but still not work sad_o.gifsad_o.gif

remplace ALL units, ok, but i don't understand why 50 vehicles, 20 infanty models give 750mb...

I beta test addons, and I see addon maker who take an addon and take THE model who interrest him, and avoid have 45mo (by example) to downlaod fo 4mo for real addon...

@thunderbird, i must say that is SPQR who said you that BRDM is the OT-65 (but thunderbird can extract the real BRDM from fdf, but he prefere use name "OT-65" which is hungarian, and Tchek).

use a OT-65 is not realist and the BRDM-1 is too older for 1985... the real BRDM is in FDFmod.

biggrin_o.gif Lookout heres my 1st post ever:  

Thanks a LOT for your hard work on this Thunderbird.

Works totally great n looks awesome i got no complaints just a big fat THANK YOU again.Keep up the very good/hard work.

hehe.jpg

Question:

Why does this installer replace the "laserguided" pbo in the addons folder, the res/addons folder, AND the FlashFXUR/addons folder?

I'm sure there is a perfectly good reason for this, I would just like to know what...

remplace ALL units, ok, but i don't understand why 50 vehicles, 20 infanty models give 750mb...

I beta test addons, and I see addon maker who take an addon and take THE model who interrest him, and avoid have 45mo (by example) to downlaod fo 4mo for real addon...

@thunderbird, i must say that is SPQR who said you that BRDM is the OT-65 (but thunderbird can extract the real BRDM from fdf, but he prefere use name "OT-65" which is hungarian, and Tchek).

use a OT-65 is not realist and the BRDM-1 is too older for 1985... the real BRDM is in FDFmod.

Answer by Thunderbird to that:

Quote[/b] ]First of all the FFUR mod replaced not only vehicles and soldiers but everything in game,skies,watch, moons ,compass ...etc by editing the Data, which is the main reasons why the file is that huge , secondly , the mod has respected perfectly the realism , if you have something to say do it politely ,

in third , A replacement mod replaces ADDONS BY USING THE STUFF OF THE COMUNITY, and the OT-65 has been replaced and not only renamed as you say, check your informations before to post...

this is not the first time that you come in the goal to devalue the stuff of the FFUR mod without any 'Real' reason, just for wasting... the next time , if you have Real remarks or proposals; the FFUR Mod is here to listnen to you , if you haven't don't post any more ::::::::::::

this is really very good.... congradulations for all the hard work and effort... it has paid off.... 100% thumbs up unclesam.gif

My only nag is sometimes I get audio distortion, but i'm not sure if that's a driver problem on my part

If possible maybe the reloading animation improved as well blues.gif

after downloading 3.0 some days ago ... 750 MB again holla.

but it is really great ... and the clean editor. woah.

the life bar is a nice feature.... but what about realism... smile_o.gif

for what I have tested everything works very fine. ... it is big but everything is in it.

BUT ONE LITTLE thing... the BLOOD I see the blood spray arround but there is nothing on the ground anymore.

it this meant to be like this. or should there still be those blood spots.

or am i wrong and it has never been in this pack ?

another little question.. the blackops aren't using this nice HK anymore. the old one used in 3.0 ... where did it come from ?

The blood spots WERE in the pack. All I see is the spray and the old little EECP blood puddle or whatever when someone is killed. And this puddle only appears some of the time. Bring back the blood spots!

Hello,

First Thx for this great Mod wink_o.gif

Now my question : is anyone have a pb with blood cause with this new version i'vent no blood spray neither body explosion rock.gif

Thx, ExA

We are having a small server problem at the moment on OFPFiles so you will probably get an error when you click the link to download the file. It should be sorted soon. Sorry for the inconvenience.

If you do get the message, refresh the page a few times until the file information appears. Thanks.

http://operationflashpoint.filefront.com/file/;39409

High-Speed data transfer mirror from Stealth-Net.

FFUR v3.5

Enjoy!

biggrin_o.gif

Funnily enough I too am having some problems rock.gif, but should hopefully be up and running again this evening. In the meantime, sorry folks and keep checking back -

Stealth

Hi!

I had troubles installing on my WinXP Pro SP2 System.

The installer wouldnt start...

Fix: Change the compatibility Settings to "Windows 98/ME" and "disable Visual Themes" and "turn off advanced Text..."

This worked for me..

peace!

@ THUNDERBIRD

will you release the configs in .cpp format so everyone can customize them ?

as far as I know it is not possible to do this with a config.bin !