Sign in to follow this  
berghoff

Homeland

I remember Newland (dunno who made it?) but it lagged for me with only a handful of units present , it was really big too and had too many objects placed on it.

Once I've sent the Island to the beta testers, they can tell me if its too laggy (or not tounge_o.gif ) and I'll optimize it. I also don't like too laggy areas but the temperate and desert areas don't show any lag. Lets say it like Nogova right now.

swamp looks great, BUT KEEP THE TEXTURES!! THE DARKER ONES ARE UNREALISTICLY DARK!!!!! I would prefer it if you kept them green, not black.

The jungle should be vibrant, not dark and depressing :P

But... How well do the bridges handle AI?

Same as the BIS ones on Nogova.

WOW! that is awesome-but as i said earlier, if that is supposed to be a jungle it needs to be greener. It looks like a new england forest in its current state :P I remember i hated the seb ilo ilo forest because they made the leaves a dark brown which detracted and pretty much completly removed the jungle feel.

Jungle%20River%20in%20Cockscomb%20Basin%20Wildlife%20Sanctuary.jpg

green-even BIS nogova is greener than the current jungle :P

i think it looks nice but its up to the island maker how green he wants things to be biggrin_o.gif

i love those tree's really much wink_o.gif

just a wee bit of weed on the ground here and there would be top notch maybe tounge_o.gif

green-even BIS nogova is greener than the current jungle :P

What about the trees at the beginning of page 4?

These trees are meant for the deep jungle forest so I made them quite high. And It won't be as dense as on those pics just testing my new trees. cheesy.gif

wow_o.gif

*quickly stands up and tries to follow his jaw which fell and is rolling to the other side of the room*

*Follows frostbite and helps him re-attach his jaw back in place and then asks him to return the favour*

biggrin_o.gif

That jungle is great , but as said how about making it a bit light greener and add some bushes and low lying shrubs and stuff?

That jungle is great , but as said how about making it a bit light greener and add some bushes and low lying shrubs and stuff?

Yea I think I will. =) I played Vietcong recently so their jungle gave me ideas on how to create things.

yeah vietcong got some intresting jungles tounge_o.gif

looking forward to this island very much. unclesam.gif

Impressive stuff indeed. That snowy island looks dead cool!

Prolly gonna inflict a lotta dammage on my poor 1.3ghz puta...

any updates on this island?

Not really, waiting for my new hardware to arrive so I can continue my work smile_o.gif .

Aaaaahhh! Release that desert Island please! I'm drooling for that.

ps. Will it have some good mountain ranges?

any updates on this island?

Not really, waiting for my new hardware to arrive so I can continue my work smile_o.gif .

I say his HDD fries as soon as he starts his new computer, wich will force him to start again from scratch...

but that's just my prediction afte four years in this community tounge_o.gif

no that can't happen!!!! Gandalf.... wow_o.gif

i would get very depressed if i wouldn't get the chance of playing with this island blues.gif

@gandalf the white: That couldn't happen because theirs multiple copies. tounge_o.gif Maybe at different stages, but theirs backups.