Sign in to follow this  
bucket man

US vs Iran mod

Now that this is not only an idea thanks to LoBo team and especially Ironsight who began working on iranian units could some nice mod change the tittle to something more appropriate?

I have read about Iranian military and its very unique compared to many other militaries that have mods about them.

They have common stuff like T-72, M-60A1, M-48 and T-55.

Then they have some more uncommon or otherwise wierd stuff like

british Scorpion and Chieftain.

Scorpion.jpg

Cheiftain.jpg

Their own Zolfigar 1,2 and 3

Zolfigar.jpg

Their airfoce is also quite unique with their Shafaq

Shafaq.jpg

And Saeqeh

Saeqeh.jpg

They also fly F-5, F-4E, MiG-29 and bossibly F-14.

I also have more pictures of their ground forces and can post them if somebody wants me to. For example IMUC mods iraqis with new textures would be perfect.

This is not one of those "do it because I want" topics but simply intended to bossibly show some good soul how interesting mod it could become. biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Why not fictive US vs Iran conflict taking place in the near future? Lets say in 2006

Fictive, what do you mean fictive? wink_o.gif

Sounds nice. But better to start a 'modern Iran' mod and just make a campaign with the excisting US stuff already released.

To get you started;

that Zolfigar tank in the picture is already made by Resin (who only released a beta). It's a korean tank in his case. AFAIK it's much like the M1, only cheaper and with a different engine (and of course some of the design is different)

I beleive the tank in the addon was a Korean K2. I think ofp.info has it also.

Yeah what's this BS about fiction? Haven't you read the new dossier on Iran walking around the offices of the state? wink_o.gif

Yeah I fear that its on CNN in a few months too. biggrin_o.gif

Edit: Someone released Zolfiqar? Must be a top secret release because I have missed it completely. rock.gif

Yeah I fear that its on CNN in a few months too.  biggrin_o.gif

Sorry if i sound like an ass, but that isn't something to be smiling about in my opinion rock.gif

Anyway, the mod is a good idea, but if the scenario turns true, the mod will recieve a lot of hate mail (like, you have terrible ethics for doing this!!!). Sounds like an ok idea to me though smile_o.gif.

Nice idea, me think`s. But long before this mod is ready for release, it will be truth and not fiction. wink_o.gif

I was born in Iran (but I'm an American citizen).  Personally I don't think the mod team would recieve too much hate mail.  

I talk to Iranians via the internet, and most of them want change in their country.  Only roughly about 20% of the population are Islamists.  However 20% is still enough to give us a lot of grief to America and I believe that the Iranian military is alot better equipped and trained then the Saddam era Iraqi military was.  

For example, many of their tanks are very unique combining aspects of both American, Russian, and indigenous technologies.   Many of them are also equipped with reactive armor which could pose a serious problem if their ERA is of the type 3rd generation type such as the Russian Kontakt-5 ERA which uses a double explosive to counter tandem warheads and decrease penetration of SABOT rounds.  Furthermore, before the Islamic revolution, the Iranian military was a British and American trained force similar to the Jordanian military.  The Jordanians were probably the toughest opponents to the Israelies in past conflicts so this is something to keep in mind.  The Jordanians also successfully defeated coups and attacks by backstabbing Arab allies as well.

All of this needs to be taken into account.  

Also from my own contacts, they say that while the regular Army isn't the best, the Revolutionary Guard is highly trained and highly motivated.   Keep in mind these guys are the ones who trained Hezbollah (the main military force in Lebanon aside from Syrian forces).  Hezbollah is the ONLY military force to have defeated Israel militarily.  This is something to take into careful consideration and to be studied with great intensity before military action is taken.  Thanks to the easy access of Iranians to intenet cafes I think its actually incredibly easy to gather intelligence on Iran and to create and monitor Iranian guerilla groups.  I hope this is the method the Bush administration willl use.  

But nevertheless for this mod, I think that it would be very interesting to make and my mod team (The Lost Brothers) will support any such team as much as we can.   I don't speak for them, but I'm sure the IM:UC and similar Middle East mods would likewise support an Iranian/US conflict mod team.  

The Iranians certainly have some very cool and interesting aircraft and armor which I think would very nice to play around with in OFP.  They could also mix the Lost Brothers Mod with an Iranian mod to create fictional (or perhaps not so fictional) Iranian/Israeli conflict missions.

If any is  interested I would be happy to open up a Iranian section to the Lost Brothers mod if there are any skilled addon makers that would like to join our mod and work on Iranian units.   Our Egyptian troops would make good templates and we have tons of other addons that the Iranians use (or that could be modified into Iranian variants).

Furthermore we already have permission from many different mod teams to use certain items so it would put the Iranian addon maker farther ahead then if they had to make Iranian stuff from scratch.

So again if there is someone out there with the talent and interest, PM me and lets get these Persian units rolling.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I think Iranian addons would be a great idea.

As far as this actually happening though, the U.S would not lose to any country that has real "targets".

Thats with or without reactive armour btw...I dont see it being much of a factor. wink_o.gif

It's what they do with the country afterwards that gets them into trouble. I dont see them learning from past mistakes.

My parents are from Iran....But they're Armenians

All right, open door for exchange of opinions here...

Fiction or reality, I do think that OFP lacks of Iranian units as OPFPOR, so I am completely for it!

Yeah I fear that its on CNN in a few months too.  biggrin_o.gif

Edit: Someone released Zolfiqar? Must be a top secret release because I have missed it completely.  rock.gif

Ever seen this thread;

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....in;st=0

smile_o.gif

You could have searched for it. I'm not sure if this is the same tank as the Iranien one, but it looks the same from the pictres that I've seen.

Thanks for the links everybody.

Hooahman: I aint laughing to the bossibiliy that US may attack Iran . I actually hope that it never happens and I hope nobody gets the picture that I am like "yah nuke the bastards!". wink_o.gif

Miles Teg: Iranians indeed have lots of ERA on their tanks. I found a picture of a T-55 that has ERA all over it.

Safir74.jpg

Anybody know if ERA actually is of any use on such old tank like T-55?

Heres the pics of iranian soldiers in military maneuvers held in South-Iran last year.

Iran2.jpg

Iran1.jpg

This is my personal favourite. biggrin_o.gif

Iran3.jpg

one problem with an israeli-iran war is israel does not have any heavy transports. it would only beable to do air strikes and land infantry with light apc's. wich is an major no no for israel.

this mod sound interresting tho.

An Iran mod would be a great idea smile_o.gif

I think everybody needs to look at these pictures:

Link!!!

Check the vid's too wink_o.gif

one problem with an israeli-iran war is israel does not have any heavy transports. it would only beable to do air strikes and land infantry with light apc's. wich is an major no no for israel.

this mod sound interresting tho.

True Israel does not have alot of heavy transport ships and aircraft, but Israel does have C130s, long range helicopters as well as a very powerful airforce which they have used in the past for long range commando missions and airstrikes.  

Israel also has forces currently in Northern Iraq under some kind of deal with Kurds, most likely as a staging area for strikes into Iran in exchange for training the Kurdish military.

Plus there is no love lost between the Kurds and Iranians as they've been heavily persecuted in Iran as well.

What's interesting in the pictures at that site is that they are using the same type of Romanian AKM that I recently made.

They also have tons of similar equipment to that used in the Lost Brothers Mod, so again, if any addonmakers want to joing my Mod Team to work on an Iranian section to our Mod, please contact me.   If the goal is to make Iranian forces quickly, we have most of models needed to make an Iranian military force.  They would just need a little retexturing and some modifications in some cases.  

So far I haven't recieved any offers.  

But if you want to strike out on your own to make such a mod, thats fine and my mod team would support that when we can.  The problem is that alot of our addons are modified things from other mods (with their permission), so we can't share those things with out seeking permission again.  

At  any rate, it would likely take a long time to do by yourself and probably wouldn't be released for at least a year, and thats an optimistic estimate.  

That's why working with the Lost Brothers Mod would be the quickest way to make an Iranian military force into reality in OFP.  

By the way, the Iranian military videos here are amazing!:

http://iranatom.ru/media/video/videoe.htm

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Miles Teg: Iranians indeed have lots of ERA on their tanks. I found a picture of a T-55 that has ERA all over it.

[imghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v114/Bucketman2/Safir74.jpg[/img]

Anybody know if ERA actually is of any use on such old tank like T-55?

It seems to be a Safir-86 from the last variant, an Iranian upgraded T-55 fitted with Iranian Improved ERA layout.

From JED :

SAFIR-74

SAFIR-86

SAFIR-86 [Variant 1]

It seems to have new optics for the gunner and from JED is having a 105mm gun, probably chinese (I don't know at all).

From global Security, with maybe an error, as the T-72Z is maybe the Shafir-74, without links with true T-72 (but on the pic, it's really a T-72 model) :

Iranian T-72 with ERA

Iranian Military Forces. MBT Safir-74 with addition of ERA

They like FlashFX too  biggrin_o.gif

ph41.jpg

If Iranian units do get made (and I hope they do!) There's also good potential for Iran/Iraq skirmishes as well.

Sweet! biggrin_o.gif

From global Security, with maybe an error, as the T-72Z is maybe the Shafir-74, without links with true T-72 (but on the pic, it's really a T-72 model)

As far as i know from my little research into the T-72Z it is either an Irainian conversion of the T-55 or it is a an Iraqi one because i do know the Iraqis used this particular tank. Altho in saying that they could of got it from the Irainians after the Iran Iraq war.

But here is a little quote i found on the T-72Z:

"Go to the JED website: Jedsite After you enter the site, click on T and scroll down untill you find the T-55 and click on that. Near the bottom of that page you'll see the T-72Z. You can see pictures of what Robert is talking about. The name "T-72Z" has no relation to the T-72 tank. The name is derived from the Muslim calendar, '72 being the year (on the Muslim calendar) that the Iraqi's made this conversion."