Sign in to follow this  
bucket man

US vs Iran mod

Well, to say I was aware of the Ford Administration is a bit of an exageration. Not that it's really important, but I was quite interested in who was President when I was born, and, of course, Water Gate was quite the news issue at the time. Viet Nam had just ended, the Cold War was raging, and Isreal was at war with Egypt, Syria, Lebanon, etc.

I did do a lot more research as I got older, and became more aware of world issues.

And despite all this, what I wrote before is no less true. I stand by my analysis. You guys can't take that point of view, that's cool with me. Time has a way of sorting issues out. I like to just stand to the side and see how right, or wrong I was. And for good or bad, I'm not frequently wrong. Just remember what I've said, and that you heard it from me.

Thank you Ma'am. wink_o.gif

But can ya still do it? rock.gif

tounge_o.gif

I'd prefer to leave that to your imagination.

Ciao.

People discuss this mod and only this mod, political debate does not belong here and should end please.

Quote[/b] ]I'm not frequently wrong

Hell, I'm in my mid thirties as well and I'm never wrong.

biggrin_o.gif

...and even if i'm wrong I'm not wrong.

Sorry, back on topic.

biggrin_o.gif

number (1) = neverwrong

number (2) = wrong

--------------------------

If number (2) = yes,

goto number (1)

wink_o.gif

Just funnin'

I hope I didn't kill the mod. I'd liketo see one actually progress to a playable state for once.

Spies:- The fat pot bellied american with the panama hat and an expensive long range camera is a spy from a civilian agency and usually acts alone in-country, gathering info and relaying back the info, and should he be caught, he knows full well its either to be hanged or exchanged for some political gain.

Commandos:- These highly trained people are from a military command and its attendant military green heirachy machine, acts as a team, with the fullest support of the entire green machine - from the GI who area cleans their bunks to carriers based offshore from their area of operaton - to perform a vital and critical military operation whom intelligence agencies had already gathered the necessary data for the highest authority in the land to make a decision for an action - lateral or unilateral wise.

They will not be sent haphazardly into action but only with the fullest support and a highly detailed operation plan - from the moment they wake up to the moment they are back in a safe area. Back up plans are made with every contingencies that may crop up involving several layers of support  groups - governmental and non-governmental.

The action that calls for such group involves highly critical and sensitive targets - soveriegn political and non-political repercussion issues/fallout will rage when the action is performed, which in the overall planning will be taken into account and are fully expected.

As such groups are small and their targets large, they will only hit on the vital parts, paving the way for larger reinforcements to mop up and hold, otherwise, no point to strike, for vital parts have a way of getting back online again if not stopped and permanently held physically.

Any action will always caused an opposite reaction. No soveriegn country will roll over and play dead anymore, least of all, a standing army that has aquired an arms budget thru oil money and fought ten years with its neighbour, fortified with nationalistic suicidal religious revival.

Once the commandos, instead of spies, are on their way, the Rubicon is crossed, no turning back, Carter's administration fiasco during the Teheran hostage crisis has taught us that...

AND......u only send commandos into action on the eves of war......

I have come across reports that the US military is facing problems fielding even troops in iraq, draft dodgers, etc...but never believe what u read in the reports for news agencies are prone to sensationalize, reflective of perhaps a small minority, making mountains out of molehills for commercial reasons.

There may be criticisms and jokes about its incompetence but the US military is an envy of the world from which most armies are organized and structured upon. Make no mistakes, the american military is no banana republic.

The most powerful army in our world is structured to battle in 3 theatres of war, and the taxpayers certainly wont be paying for so many generals if the army dont have this capability.

Currently, it is only battling in 1 theatre, with room for 2 more. I seek not that u believe what i have written nor change your views, but only u seek out the true facts. I may be an advocate of supporting this mod with more addons, but only in the hope that soldiers and civilian alike may know what it would be like to be engaged in this comming conflict in virtual reality first and may the horror shock them or at least prepare them for what is to come.

Once the commandos, instead of spies, are on their way, the Rubicon is crossed, no turning back, Carter's administration fiasco during the Teheran hostage crisis has taught us that...

That was based on totally lame inteligence informations. Although opplan was a little complicated, but it could succeed because it would be great surprise for Iranians. The trouble was, that some morons in CIA didnt estimate correctly Iranian army capabilities and thus us helis with commandoes had to fly on low alt to avoid radars, even though non of the radars were operational. So, this was the cause of the crash of us helis and c130 crazy_o.gif

Next time people talk politics in here they'll receive a 72hr PR and WL+

Phil as the article doesn't mention a US v Iran Flashpoint mod what does it have to do with this thread? Nothing is the answer, post deleted, feel free to post the article in an appropriate thread.

How many different model versions are planned to be used for the Iranians?

As in just 1 for everyone or a few kinds for some variety?

I'll let Ironsight answer that but I'm pretty sure there will be a few types, like some officers with berets, PKM gunner with ammo belt, ect... stuff like that. Its not difficult to make a few variations. As far as I know there will also be at least two cammo uniforms (woodland and desert) and possibly a tan uniform since our Egyptian Republican Guard uniforms are very similar to some of the tan uniforms that the Iranians use. I just wish I could find out what units use the tan uniforms in the real life Iranian Army.

The AKM used in many of the pictures posted here (or on the sites posted) coincidently is the same type I made for Extraction's CIA guys (with help from Vilas for the Romanian folding wire stock) so that AKM will likely be used as well assuming Ironsight wants to use it. The Iranians also use the G3 rifle as their main rifle, but I'm not sure whether Ironsight wants to use the JAM2 pack for all that stuff or what.

Personally I'd prefer these units to be JAM2 compatible like the rest of our LoBo stuff, but its up to him.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Hi, 'bout the mod i found that the iranians are producing a new AR based on the chinese QBZ95 called khaibar, also i found that in some cases, their heavy gunners are carrying german MG3's.

Middle east defence forces forum May found info on iran n stuff.

Info on the Khaibar rifle

Khaibar's would look cool on iranian commandoes hehehe, though i don't really know about the manufacturing on those rifles.

(off topic)

Btw. I'm from persian origins, though i'm a Mexican citizen, and personally it would be better to make a coup d' etat on iran, the majority wants those stupid clerics out of the country, than invading it.

Mod's a great idea, i'm really looking forward to download those units!

More pictures of Iranian aircraft and their camo incase someone needs it.

F-14

F14.jpg

MiG-29

MiG-29.jpg

F-4E

F4.jpg

That forum about Middle-East armed forces is great! Miles, you should definetly use it as rescourses for your mod as I remember you had some trouble finding detailed info about arab armies.

I didnt even know Egypt bought artillery pieces from Finland recently! tounge_o.gif

Dam Patria, selling APC's and artillery all around the world! biggrin_o.gif

al-basrah southern iran-iraq border map under way basics layed down.. once it has more miles might post an screen shot

Iranians seem really fond of the RPG and a bike combination. Didnt they even use two man bike squads with RPG's in Iran-Iraq war?

I heard it was quite succesfull altough very dangerous tactic.

RPGbike.jpg

hello, i'm reskining footmunch's f4e into an IIAF version. here is a screenshot i posted some time ago in the photo thread :

iranian f4

smile_o.gif

Lost brothers objects.

some are reworked catshit's soem are sal and some are afghan then plus some bas buildings. and some fixed up stuff.

all the poster/billboards are retextured by me.

oh and the island is based on an real basrah terrian DEM..

Lost brothers objects.

some are reworked catshit's soem are sal and some are afghan then plus some bas buildings. and some fixed up stuff.

all the poster/billboards are retextured by me.

oh and the island is based on an real basrah terrian DEM..

Great. I m trying to make Karbala region, but its quite hard to find good maps (I got some 1: 250 000 russian maps from 80s). Do you know any good site with quality DEMs of Iraq?