Sign in to follow this  
bucket man

US vs Iran mod

Great speech, Miles, and I'm glad that we have so much iin common. You do of course realize that I said nothing about the Administration, Christians, or even the President. The fact is, NO American President would allow Iran to have a nuclear weapon. Kerry wouldn't have allowed it either.

Do you feel better now?

Yeah...After another few glasses of Rum and coke, much better.  smile_o.gif  

Clinton would have lobbed a bunch of Tomahawk missiles at them by now...ya know just to show we got bigger cocks.  lol.  Well looks like Israel will do our dirty work so that then Christians can blame the Jews.  But then of coarse we'll still get blamed for allowing the Jews to attack a Muslim state...ah what sticky webs we weave...  

Anyhoo...yeah definitely alot of mission possibilities.  TomiD's F117's  are perfect for such missions.  

We just need some Iranian troops, air defense systems and fighter planes... and of coarse a good map to simulate some Iranian cities.  Perhaps a map simulating part of the Iran/Iraq border like near Basra.  Lots of cool possibilities with swamps and stuff around there... varied terrain.  smile_o.gif

Personally however I'd like to make some hardcore commando missions....pavehawks with Delta commandos armed to the teeth assaulting heavily guarded nuke facilities or ambushing trucks carrying nuclear material and scientists.  

...and then when finding some big stuff with too many guards, calling in the F117's to bomb the nuclear development sites straight to hell.

Air support would also be required if their mission was compromised and Iranian armor and Revolutionary Guard commandos started to close in on them.

That would make for some crazy MP games with players providing close air support and flying the insertion/extraction pavehawks.   If ironsight joins LoBo I'll probably make such missions using IDF commandos, but I'll probably mix in some US units like the stealth fighters and HYK Rangers or BAS Delta guys in some missions as support elements.

Of coarse I'll have to make Iranian missions also where you are an Iranian Revolutionary Guard unit who believes he is fighting against the satanic Zionist agressors who are trying to destroy Islam and nations that profess Islam to be their state religion.  As part of an elite, highly trained Revolutionary Guard unit, it would be your job to hunt down American and IDF commando units roaming the desert in small "wolf packs" while trying to survive deadly American air support as you engage these enemy commando units using both your own commando team as well as armor support and air support elements.  The armor support would likely die as martyrs to enemy fighter bombs but would buy enough time to engage the satanic enemy commandos before the deadly enemy IDF F-16's and American Steath fighters turned their wrath upon your toyota truck and motorcycle equipped commando units.

As in real life, you would listen for the sound of jet engines..upon hearing them you have to order your team to jump out of their vehicles and run away from the vehicle in order to avoid a premature martyrdom until you find your target...the Shaitan commandos who you must engage in a ferocious firefight and be willing to sacrifice yourself for Allah in order to detonate satchel charges upon them in an ambush or to rain RPG fire upon their positions.

LOL!   So... which mission scenario sounds more fun to you?

LOL!   Freedom Fighters or Martyr Brigades?   smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Uh, the side NOT being attacked by SFOD, the CIA, and the USAF of course. Not patriotism involved, just basic self preservation.

Teg, let it be. Those who will die..will die. Those will live..will live. We are way over our heads here on the juggarnaut of life.

Some want equality - the equality of being poor and deprivement of human freedom -the only way to get the human race equal in their eyes is thru death, irregardless of anything else.

Some who learnt the lessons of history understands the use of potential power and the threat it might bring from the hands of an unchecked and dictatorial rubber stamping regime.

The collision course will be inevitable. Destiny and lessons of history dictates the clash will come no matter what or who is otherwise said.

Hopeful we were before the twin iraqi wars started that talks will stop the bullets, but disillusioned were we when the truth of history reveals itself to us - talk is only a delay of the inevitable.....

We can only appalled and shock ourselves as we run battle simulation of the war to come using the normal addons and see how many times we and and our comrades will either live or die...and be thankful that no matter what the outcome in real life.....some will live to see the glory of a new dawning, the exhuburance of growing up, touched by the intimacy of love, remembrance of joys in our old age......the human race will live on...

I think what works against the U.S though is the fact that the Iraq war become very unfavorable after the lack of WMD found.

Hell, even first Gulf War was unpopular and there were massive us and all around the world commies demonstrations, despite that Iraq atacked Kuweit smile_o.gif

The credibility is gone.

Attacking Iran (or Syria) might not sit well with the French, Germans, China and Russia just because they feel threatened by the unbalanced amount of power in the mid east that the U.S looks to gain.

Well, the answer is that in us gov nobody cares anymore. Thats the unilateral option that they stick to. I dont think that China or Russia would feel anything about it, cause China is more interested in gaining Taiwan (wich us involvment on several fronts may actualy help China to regain control over Taiwan) and as for Russia they dont give a damn about Syria cause they have more problems in Ukraine and Georgia. As for Iran, its also Russias pain in the ass.

So whether you agree that Iran should be "looked into" or not (and I do), the political fallout will be high if anything does actually happen IMO.

I think geopolitical situation is so complicated at the moment, that I wouldnt be sure about any conseqences. Besides, Iran has nuclear plants and Iranians themselves tell that they have nuclear programe. That can only make a case for US easier.

Quote[/b] ]As to France, Germany, China, and Russia.... If you think we're concerned about their reaction, I can assure you, that you are wrong. Now, if you are suggesting that they do something militarily to illustrate their displeasure, I can say that we are prepared to take ANY and all measures required to ensure our national security.

biggrin_o.gif

Don't worry tounge_o.gif

The US army won't be able to engage a war against Iran for a multitude of diplomatic reasons, it'll be likely to destroy its image already that it's very dirtied in the world by the Iraqi conflict, however, I think that the American congress won't ensure to free money to carry out this war, and if all the countries of the world will be opposed to the invasion of Iran by the US army?

Bush would nevertheless not take the risk to put his country in a hugh problem,

Iran, contrary to irak is more reinforced, certainly the army will be destroyed quickly and easly in a conventional war, but the rebels will show themselves very savage, the Moslem world is able to agree on points...

Maybe Iranian aren't Arab but they are Moslem

About the mod , I'll do a list of an existing addons to can be usable wink_o.gif

If the americans did go the british would find it hard to follow for a few years...

I list would be nice. You can post it in here and hopefully that will stop anyone of working on stuff that doesnt need to be made from the scratch.

No point reinventing the wheel. biggrin_o.gif

I think that the American congress won't ensure to free money to carry out this war, and if all the countries of the world will be opposed to the invasion of Iran by the US army?

Why? This elections Reps gained a lot of seats in Congres. I think they have now biggest majority in decades.

those who have played my missions (Sarajevo Sniper Town, Pax Americana, ...) will know that I take a vivid interest in placing real political contexts as a background to fictional OFP missions

BUT I don't see the point in starting off another desert-themed mod (US-Iran) from scratch while there is some much other stuff around waiting to be finished.

so why not help out the Gulf War, Iraq mods first, I'm very eager to be finally able to make missions for desert combat and "war in Iraq" based scenarios ...

recent LoBo, combat!, FDF releases took us closer to a full-scale desert context, but we're not quite there yet

My Mod team is now working with Ironsight to get these Iranians made. Also we work closely with the IM:UC mod as well. This Iranian pack will be an independent pack so that once IM:UC's Iraqi addons come out, they can be used with this Iranian addon pack to simulate the Iran-Iraq War.

But anyways we are now getting the ball rolling. Calm Terror has also talked about possibly making a Iran/Iraq map but no guarantees on that as I also know that he is very busy working on tons of other very cool stuff with LoBo including an artillery pack with CoC UA compatible artillery which we now have in beta stage and working very nicely.

Anyhoo... as things progress you can be sure to see more pics of Iranian units here as they enter beta stages.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Let us forget a little our usual vision of the war, don't forget,we are human, a

war is a tragedy, the lives will fall? and that why? why attack Iran?

so that the president Bush can masturbate by knowing that he did something, of civil will have died, from the people will fall, it's not right, why?

the Iranian government never did anything in the world, which the Us politics don't understand, it's that each country has a way of holding the country being based on local mentality... it's

necessary that the USA stops playing the cowboys, it's very hard to change mentalities ... look just to irak , before the war against irak , everybody was sure that that'll be easy to get out the resistance , USA was sure that irakian will be happy after , but it's not the truth...

They were more in security with saddam than today , there's a lot of innocent people who die everyday...everyday

Maybe he was a dictator , he killed a lot of people but the majority of irakian peaple went out without to be killed

It's all about the bling bling.  If you can't beat them...join them and invest in stocks in Raytheon, GE, General Dynamics, Halliburton, and other big winners in the US defense industry.  Times are "booming" as they say.  smile_o.gif

Quick, cash-in now before the American public wakes up and smells the draft.  Don't look at invading Iran as an invasion of a non-threatening country.  Look at it is an investment opportunity.  Such invasions are simply the creation of new markets for the arms industry...and we get to capture more oil to keep out of the hands of our European competitors.

Plus remember, human life afterall is just another commodity in the neocapitalist grand scheme of things.  

Its good to be an American capitalist.  

smile_o.gif

(Yes I'm being sarcastic, but many American economists think this way).

smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Let us forget a little our usual vision of the war, don't forget,we are human, a

war is a tragedy, the lives will fall? and that why? why attack Iran?

so that the president Bush can masturbate by knowing that he did something, of civil will have died, from the people will fall, it's not right, why?

the Iranian government never did anything in the world, which the Us politics don't understand, it's that each country has a way of holding the country being based on local mentality... it's

necessary that the USA stops playing the cowboys, it's very hard to change mentalities ...  look just to irak , before the war against irak , everybody was sure that that'll be easy to get out the resistance , USA was sure that irakian will be happy after , but it's not the truth...

They were more in security with saddam than today , there's a lot of innocent people who die everyday...everyday

Maybe he was a dictator , he killed a lot of people but the majority of irakian peaple went out without to be killed

You are talking like some idealistic guy. I m political analyst (got A.M. smile_o.gif ) and all i m doing is analysing decidents and their process of decisionmaking. As I said, Republican long term international policy is to totally reshape middle east thus eliminating all regimes (Afghanistan's Talibs, Iraqi and nexy Iranian and Syrian). Thats their goal. They want to spread "democracy" as they call it and neocapitalistic ideas that would totaly change middle east. Sure they do it unilaterally cause Amway can only be spread unilaterally thus most gains would come to us economy. War is best bussines for a lot of people.

My Mod team is now working with Ironsight to get these Iranians made.  Also we work closely with the IM:UC mod as well.  This Iranian pack will be an independent pack so that once IM:UC's Iraqi addons come out, they can be used with this Iranian addon pack to simulate the Iran-Iraq War.  

But anyways we are now getting the ball rolling.  Calm Terror has also talked about possibly making a Iran/Iraq map but no guarantees on that as I also know that he is very busy working on tons of other very cool stuff with LoBo including an artillery pack with CoC UA compatible artillery which we now have in beta stage and working very nicely.  

Anyhoo...   as things progress you can be sure to see more pics of Iranian units here as they enter beta stages.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

We will try to get our addons made too once we have the man power which is still lacking. I really would love to see the Iraq - Iran conflict as most of the units we will include in our mod will have been used in that war.

For God's sake, some of you people don't seem to understand.... Like I said before, NO ONE is going to INVADE Iran! Blow them to Hell and gone with air strikes, and Tomahawk TLAM's, you bet. But you aren't going to see regular US ground forces doing anything but holding the border with Iraq. We did it to Libya, Panama, Kosovo, etc. We even carried out strike operations against Iran in the 80's. We didn't try to install democracy in those countries, did we? We were making a point, and after we bombed the crap put of them, they got the hint.

It's the same thing with Iran. You people need to calm down and and let the grown ups take of business.

Now, this is probably NOT good news for addon/mission makers, because they want to believe that we'll be seeing a 500km mad dash to Tehran, with Abrams laying waste to hordes of Iranian tanks, and US Army reservists going house to house like the did in Fallujha. But that just NOT going to happen. There's NO reason to INVADE Iran. Often times surgical precision is all thats needed. and very rarely, we may feel the need to invade an enemy to enforce complete regime change- like we just did.

But I'm telling you all, we'll obliterate the major targets from standoff range, and save ourselves the casulties this time.

FerretFangs, first you talk like Bush's thinktank and now you pretend to speak like sisy Clinton?? Sorry mate , neither I nor Bush dont give a damn if you do or dont wanna see US invading Iran. Basing my opinion on past experience and present long term policy and speaches of Republicans I really think that Bush will invade Iran in some time durring his second term. As I said thats their big goal. Spead democracy to middle east biggrin_o.gif

Sure, believe what you want, but I'm not putting any money on that bet. It's just not gonna happen.

Sure, believe what you want, but I'm not putting any money on that bet. It's just not gonna happen.

Never say never. Four years is quite a long time. Besides its not a matter of believe its more like gee i know this neocons guys unclesam.giftounge_o.gif

Yes, well, somehow, I think I know them better than you do. For one thing, I am one. What's more, I'm in my mid-thirty's, and I've been paying attention to my nations foriegn policy since the Ford administration.

I was also in the US military, served during Desert Storm, and nearly EVERYONE I'm related to, and am friends with, including my father, brother, and wife are/were in the military as well.

I am a history, political, and military junky. I can give you a detailed, and impartial analysis of just about any tactical situation that exists in the world, and provide the political ramifications, and historical correlations/context, as welll.

The United States versus Iran, is not hard to figure out. Nor is the strategic reasoning behind a standard alpha strike, as opposed to a full-scale ground invasion, difficult to foresee.

There simply is no national strategic benefit to invade Iran at this point. That is to say, the difficulties involved in a ground invasion, and the political cost to the administration, outweighs the benefits of simply removeing the threat of Iran's capacity to develop a nuclear weapon. That can be accomplished with stealth bombers, and cruise missiles, with a minimal risk of US casulties.

The only question that remains in my mind is, when such an attack will take place. And considering that the EU/UN is VERY much against a US unilateral military option vis a vis Iran, additional pressure may be brought to bare on Teheran to play ball with the IAEA, ( Like they've said they will. ) and may be able to reach a diplomatic resolution that will preclude the need for an American air assault.

If Teheran has any common sense, they'll realize that the Bush administration is NOT going to play around, and quickly dismantle any plans to build a nuclear weapon. However, my age and experince has taught me that, just like Saddam, we cannot ever really trust them to do what they say they are doing. If they believe that the EU or UN is going to be able to save them through appeasment, (Like what was tried in numerous UN resolutions, and resulted in the Food for Oil scandal with Iraq. ) then I'd expect Teheran's skyline to soon be lighted with fires caused by American ordinance.

As for the topic at hand, I'd expect some US Special Operations involvement as well, considering they are already on the ground in Iran mapping out targets. They'll need units to destroy.

Quote[/b] ]then I'd expect Teheran's skyline to soon be lighted with fires caused by American ordinance.

As for the topic at hand, I'd expect some US Special Operations involvement as well, considering they are already on the ground in Iran mapping out targets. They'll need units to destroy.

And I thought I was blunt.  wink_o.gif

EDIT: I wouldnt bother asking the UN for permission or help from any of Europe though if this does happen. As I said before, I for one agree with it but I'm sure they'll be a lot of people (like the Iraqi info minister a few posts back) who will be quick to condemn any reasons given for any military action.

Yes, well, somehow, I think I know them better than you do. For one thing, I am one. What's more, I'm in my mid-thirty's, and I've been paying attention to my nations foriegn policy since the Ford administration.

Well there isnt much age difference between us. Anyway I dont get one thing. You say that you are in mid 30s and you ve been paying attention to foriegn policy since the Ford administration?rock.gif Sorry man somehow I dont believe it. This would mean that you ve been intrested in politics since you were like 5 years old. Not possible or you are just missing the truth tounge_o.gif

Well there isnt much age difference between us. Anyway I dont get one thing. You say that you are in mid 30s and you ve been paying attention to foriegn policy since the Ford administration?rock.gif Sorry man somehow I dont believe it. This would mean that you ve been intrested in politics since you were like 5 years old. Not possible or you are just missing the truth  tounge_o.gif

Of course he was interested. Unlike a certain superpower leader, at the age of 5, FerretFangs could walk and chew gum at the same time. tounge_o.gif