Sign in to follow this  
gandalf the white

Turning OFP into your favourite game!

help me pls

Have ever been published texture replacements wit' 1024x1024 or higher format? i'm usin' a wgl textures but it's too blur cus' they're 512x512.

there are no REPLACEMENTS. However, you can try to make your opwn little replacement using (for example) some 1024^Ë› ORCS russians. (or were they RHS? dont know confused_o.gif )

Noobie question: How do you install unit/weapon add-ons?

Im using OFP GOTY with ECP. Do you place new pbo. files in opf- resistence or ecp add-on folders, or all of them?

I've tried putting weapon pbo.'s in ecp, should they show up in mission editor?Campaign? or do you have to use some kind of add command?

You just need to put in one of the folders.

Not all.

Just one wink_o.gif

You just need to put in one of the folders.

Not all.

Just one wink_o.gif

Thanks for reply- but I've got Hoyt's weapon pack among others in my ECP/Addons folder and I can't see were they show up in the game.

Read the readme.

Read-me just says unzip files into add-on folder. My question is are the new unit/weapons supposed to appear in the game or in the editor. I don't see any new options in editor.

Oh my bad, they were in the 'Class' options in the editor,while I'll was looking in the 'Units'. Still wonderin if theres a way to modernize units in the campaign of ECP.

I guess you can make your own config-mod, changing all BI units to new, 3rd party units.

go to OFP.info and search for "DMA ARMY" and download it... it replaces all default units wih better looking ones, and you can keep ECP working

go to OFP.info and search for "DMA ARMY" and download it... it replaces all default units wih better looking ones, and you can keep ECP working

And that is also changeable so I don't have to have the DMA ARMY-addons units, but I can choose my own?

OK, For some strange reason when i go to download some of the links they have a weird symbol. It isn't a ZIP File. It looks like a page with 4 dots in each corner, each different coloured. What is happening.

Thanks in Advance....Mondi pistols.gif

To get some help, you need to give more information than that :

what are the files giving you a problem, and what is the extension of those files ?

To get some help, you need to give more information than that :

what are the files giving you a problem, and what is the extension of those files ?

sanctuary, i have a question about config.bin. It's in the MISSION EDITING & SCRIPTING thread. please take a look. Thanks

.......So when you guys go to download something it's always a zip file ?.....I would provide a picture as to what my problem is but it resizes it and makes it impossible to see. By any chance do you have msn or anything because i could show you there ?

When you download an addon, the extension of the downloaded archive is not always in .zip format, sometime it is in .rar, sometime it is a .exe, or rarely it is .pbo , and even more rarely it is in.cab.

You can use

http://www.imageshack.us

to host your screenshot and display here in that forum

As long as it is under 100kb to comply with the forum rules.

Lots of files i attempt to download. The file looks like that

untitledln7.th.jpg

It is a .rar archive , that works exactly like a .zip as it is a compressed file (and .rar does a better job at it than .zip and is less corruptible).

Once you downloaded a .rar archive , to open it and take the content, you can use several programs , 2 of them :

- winrar shareware but you can continue to use it after the timelimit

- 7zip that is freeware

Sorry but where can i find "Material Properties addon" ?

The link is broken... and i can't find it on Google.

I think that if someone would find a way to implement a rag doll modle or a area based hit sys it would take the game to new hights

I did not realize there is so many addons out there. After downloading two I am really tired....

Did someone make something like an addon pack which would include all best addons together with an installer? I installed a mod hoping this would make my OFP better/more modern looking but the mod does not work sometimes asking me to download more addons...

get FFUR that is one of the best mods out, makes it very modern looking smile_o.gif