Sign in to follow this  
gandalf the white

Turning OFP into your favourite game!

Comrades,

I have ICP mod running, and need help to make the dispersion

like in FDF and FFUR: When you shoot, the riffle should go upward. ( This is not dispersion = 0.003....; like in JAM3!!! )

and really important for REALISTIC gameplay.

pistols.gif

I just wana try to mix Jam with FDF.

That means no accuracy and more target correcting.

xmas_o.gif

pistols.gif

MAAM (the open-source version of Jam) can be edited as you wish.

After that, you could attempt to make a small replacement mod of your own.

Secondly, you could try the [urlhttp://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=8980]OFP Mini mod[/url]. It also has FDF-like sway.

I have a problem with NIMod`s dynamic weather addon when i set the gamelogic i don`t have the dynamic water and the 3d clouds.

My island are replacet with FFUR Nordic Pack.

I have a problem with NIMod`s dynamic weather addon when i set the gamelogic i don`t have the dynamic water and the 3d clouds.

My island are replacet with FFUR Nordic Pack.

then you probably want to ask that in the nim weather thread as this thread is just a list of stuff to make your ofp look nicer

dynamic water?

I dont know if this has been mentioned, but for you new guys you need to add -nomap into your target line if your using alot of addons and you need to use mod folders.

I've had my gaming PC out of action for some time but it'll come back online and I wanted to install OFP:GOTY modified with ORCS effects, MODUL Sky, NIM Weather, John's Fire and Smoke, and depending if that cocktail is too heavy or not, add DXDLL... or if it's too heavy, Voyager's transparent water... is such a combination possible?

I've got ECP (which incorporates ORCS effects), MODUL, NIM, DXDll and John's running, along with the best addons ever made. Runs excellently on my machine (3.4GHz oc'd to 3.91, 256 GF6800GTO oc'd, 2048Mb DDR2 RAM, etc etc), with at least 20fps and 2000m viewing.

What's yours like?

EDIT - Those are all simultaneous, btw.

I have a lowly system I'll be forcefully adding it's last upgrades until I decide to build a new rig... current setup is: AMD XP 3000+ CPU running on Asus A7N8X Deluxe Motherboard, 2 x 512mb DDR @ 333mhz... as for the graphics card, I'm trying to get a Gigabyte Geforce 6800 GT (my Radeon 9800 Pro - 256mb fried it's RAM sad_o.gif )... more than that would only be switching the IDE HD's for SATAs... overall an obsolescent system, I know, but I'm waiting for AMD's quad-core CPUs to build a new rig...

Oh, btw, another thing I've discovered I'll be using is the Material Properties addon... do you have that running too? Didn't find any info on it being compatible or not with dxdll...

Replaced all gamezone.cz with gamepark.cz in the first post smile_o.gif

Thanks Placebo! didn't think of that myself.

Btw, Placy, If I were to update the first post again, I'd have to revert to my Gandalf account, is there any chance of making me (Codarl) able to edit it using this account? huh.gif .

is there any chance of making me (Codarl) able to edit it using this account? huh.gif .

Unfortunately that's not possible.

Best option is probably to post the changed post as a reply with a report post to moderator request that one of us edit it into the original post.

Only other option would be to start a new thread from scratch posted by yourself? I can unpin and close this one then pin the new one, choice is yours smile_o.gif

BUZZARD @ Feb. 03 2006,11:53)]I didn't know of it myself until recently, but it seems too useful to dismiss... perfect for correct lighting! thumbs-up.gif

Found this on the first post of this thread...

Picture of normal OFP without it

Picture of OFP with the Material Properties Addon working

Here's the link to the download site at Edgefiles

ok one question. first time here and my english is not as good as it should be, so... please have mercy with me!

i have installed this addon, it looks like a secound picture, so i guess it is working, but there is still that light effect (lightning star) just like on first picture. it looks like a combination of them. how can i get rid of it, so it will only look like a secound pict?

tenx for help

I'm fairly sure that the "star" or flare you're talking about still remains, the addon simply makes sure that light effects are correctly represented upon nearby objects. I think the "star" happened in both pictures, however, the second was taken after the flare disappears.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I have this addon as well, and the same thing happens to me as what does to Alexx.

Oh, and welcome to the forums! welcome.gif

btw one pic was taken at the rotor level(fixed) the other one above (original)

well, i've made it notworthy.gificon_rolleyes.gif

i have played around with flare00.pac(\Res\Dta\Hwtl\data.pbo), i painted it in black. now really looks like a secound picture biggrin_o.gif, without that ugly flare light. for me, it looks much better smile_o.gif

Wouldn't that make any flares you fire at night look a lil wierd? Though I spose it wouldn't really matter that much - I might try that myself.

Gandalf and CameronMcDonald,

The materials addon works but I am experiencing this flare effect also, yet as always machine guns produce this kind of bizzare light that goes through everything, and illuminates everything: it doesnt allow for shadows like rocket light.

I suppose this is a little off topic, as it concerns the native lighting of the game, instead of a mod but I'd appreciate your collective expertise.

I get beautiful lighting with rockets, similar in a way to the special effects from this addon.

I am a scripting newbie, and merely know about instaling addons. Any ideas, or is there a simple setting that will disable this unrealistic light, so that the mod can be seen properly.

I could include pictures if you wished.

Many thanks,

Ben

P.S. If it matters:

- GOTY edition fully patched

- 3.6+ AMD 64

- Mobility Radeon X700 128MB

- around 1250 MB RAM