Sign in to follow this  
drow

Unsung Demo - Missions Drive

We will be allowing a few good mission makers access to our addons prior to release!

We are planning to do this so that we can provide many high quality SP and MP missions with the demo without having to take an extra month to make them all ourselves.

We will begin taking requests from mission makers now, if you are interested in donating some time and creativity to the demo you may PM myself or any Unsung mod member, leave a message on our forum or simply post here in this thread.

Each mission maker will need sample missions for evaluation, if they prove to be skilled/professional enough they will then be accepted and given access to the demo addons.

noone has posted in this thread, hmm

are we that lame?  wow_o.gif

Naw, your not lame at all. Your very good, and many ppl want to get their hands on your addons, but most think they are not good enough or don't have enough time to devote to a mod. wink_o.gif

no we're not asking them to join anyways, just asking for people who want an opportunity to see the addons in advance, in enchange for making missions for the demo. I guess theres just not many mission makers anymore.

crazy_o.gif

(edit: we have recieved PMs and emails, i just thought it strange noone posted here)

We're looking for people who make somewhat advanced, enjoyable missions, but it really depends on the mission makers style.  smile_o.gif

I personally think the Best missions have a suprise somewhere, where something unexpected happens, good action, enough but not too much of a challenge, great visual and ambient atmosphere, sound editing/voice acting/radio chatter, and other scripted effects...

Firstly i think for me it comes down to atmosphere mostly, I want to believe im really there, immersed in this virtual environment which is alive with sounds and splendid graphics. Secondly is scripted goodies like chopper crashes, artillary, command systems and such to remove the stale old ofp feel and replace it with a new exciting options at my disposal and unexpected horrific events!

I dont expect every mission maker to make missions like that, most missions only have one or two of those things in them.   wink_o.gif

Yo Drow,

I'd love to see them and i'd love to make missions for you guys, but i'm busy and the thing i'm working on is taking a lot of my (almost none existant) free time. This mission making idea has been creeping through my mind constantly, so who knows i might come knocking on your door if i can squeeze it in somewhere. Well if i am worthy lol, that i still have to prove then.

I'm trying to find that tight spot somewhere....

@ all peeps out there in ofp world,

Maybe you think of yourself as not a good mission maker, but if you haven't given anything out there you will never know if your good. So why not try it out and give these fine lads a hand. Give it a shot and hand your work over to The Unsung to see if your one of the chosen ones that is priviliged to have a pre-play with them fine units they created. Hey it's like i always say: No is what you have now, Yes is what you could get. If you don't try, it will stay a no! Take your chance.

Remember even a simple mission can be a good one if it is thought out well and plays well. wink_o.gif

p.s. Right...kissing butt mode off tounge_o.gif

)rStrangelove @ Jan. 13 2005,13:45)]@drow: Will these missions only be used for releasing the unsung demo ?

Yes theyre just for the demo, but we'll later put them in the UMD (user mission database) we're constructing over at ofpnam.

Plus the makers of these missions can update them for the full mod release later on so they dont become obsolete.

Edit: i need to find guys like general barron, that TJ guy who made all those nam missions, maybe winters, i know ThruYerSturNuM (unscripted war), can anyone else think of some guys suited for the job? I'll have to start seeking these guys out when i come home from work tonight but if you know some please post.)

If you want to include some well-done co-op missions, I highly suggest asking MEDICUS. He has made tons of co-op missions for FDF and I love them all biggrin_o.gif.

PM me, or just email me a sample mission, thats what id tell you to do after PM'ing me tounge_o.gif

I was interested in helping you guys as I have a ton of unfinished Vietnam missions that I could have converted to use your mod's units.   Some of them use CoC artillery, while in others you have close air support from A-1 Skyraiders, nice movie cutscenes, custom music, ect.   I also was going to volunteer to do some NVA/VC based missions, but I changed my mind after Offtime seriously pissed me off and left me with no interest in making missions for Unsung as I would be afraid that,knowing him, he would tamper with my missions sticking racist crap all over them.

At any rate,  I know I'm not the only one he's seriously pissed off.  That perhaps might be one reason why not alot of the top mission makers are jumping to make Unsung Mod missions.  

Anyways, I don't have anything against you personally Drow, and I think your Mod's units look excellent.  I hope you find some good mission makers and that some of the guys here who volunteered will make some good stuff.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

yeah, don't worry about offtime, even though he makes alot of people mad, he is only the addon leader, he has nothing to do with mission making, so you don't need to worry about him changing anything.

tons of people sent me missions which i couldnt check all of because i was busy all weekend... i need to get some mod members to help check the sample missions.

Also its still going to take a bit to have the addons ready for the mission makers anyhow so be patient please and let the process happen.

wink_o.gifsmile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]he would tamper with my missions sticking racist crap all over them

Racist how so?

I know Viet Nam wasnt a "nice war" and I know I like my war sims as "real" and brutal as I can possibly get them...but what are you guys planning to do exactly that would make someone say this? rock.gif

why dont u ask Miles, he said it... he seems to think we're a bunch of rednecks and "clan" members.

crazy_o.gif

We're not making a mod to offend people, but if you get offended thats your problem.

(edit:

Quote[/b] ]but I changed my mind after Offtime seriously pissed me off

hehe, he does have that effect on some people, but dont be discouraged if you want to help. You dont need to be his best friend to make/donate a mission, you dont even need to talk to him if you want to make/donate one, just talk to me.  smile_o.gif

and one of our main members is a Mormon (very strict religion, no swearing etc.)

we cant be that bad if hes in the mod  wink_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

Offtimes my good friend and we've been thru a ton of shit together with this mod, and i have to say that without him there would be a tons of useless and lazy people still in the unsung.

Now the unsung team is only a core few individuals who are serious and dedicated to the mod, and he himself makes up a big percentage of that team.

and we all have our attitudes people... and bad days... wink_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]but I changed my mind after Offtime seriously pissed me off

hehe, he does have that effect on some people, but dont be discouraged if you want to help. You dont need to be his best friend to make/donate a mission, you dont even need to talk to him if you want to make/donate one, just talk to me.  smile_o.gif

and one of our main members is a Mormon (very strict religion, no swearing etc.)

we cant be that bad if hes in the mod  wink_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

Offtimes my good friend and we've been thru a ton of shit together with this mod, and i have to say that without him there would be a tons of useless and lazy people still in the unsung.

Now the unsung team is only a core few individuals who are serious and dedicated to the mod, and he himself makes up a big percentage of that team.

and we all have our attitudes people... and bad days... wink_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

No shit he does  wink_o.gif Dedicated isn't the word, heh.  By the way, do you think I can get a copy of that M113 I did awhile back?  I switched computers and lost it.

Looking forward to the demo, got SEB and those new nam guys to hold me down.

...those new nam guys...

who are they?  rock.gif

I guess he meant the John J. Rambo's U.S. Vietnam Soldiers (jjr_vietnam_soldiers.rar - that's the file name). But I can be wrong.

voodzia