Sign in to follow this  
zayfod

ECP 1.075...The countdown begins.

Oh, yah,  could you ECP guys explain to us how the AI suppressing fire works? I still don't get exactly what the AI does from the description that you gave us.

supressive fire is when you fire machinegun against enemies and the enemies duck for cover i think tounge_o.gif

Just a guess, but perhaps they've been able to successfully get the AI to act in a more coordinated manner, by having the AI concentrate their fires on the player and his squad, pinning them down, while another team of AI flanks.

Wouldn't that be somethin'? biggrin_o.gif

Just a guess, but perhaps they've been able to successfully get the AI to act in a more coordinated manner, by having the AI concentrate their fires on the player and his squad, pinning them down, while another team of AI flanks.

Wouldn't that be somethin'?  biggrin_o.gif

shall we take a guess? i'd like to say it start with the letter "V" :P

I can testify that AI in ECP is bitchin smart as Zay wrote , myself. Recently while playing with ECP ive seen i was struggling to play/complete missions and the AI was always killing me and my squad as if we were some 16yr old kids with bb guns , i thought at first maybe i am in vet mode with Super AI turned on , but it wasnt the case so i turned ECP off and guess what we owned the AI pretty much.

I dont know what magic has been woven here in to the AI but they are damn smart now and hard to beat. Should make for good co-ops session , but SP can get quite tough wink_o.gif .

I can testify that AI in ECP is bitchin smart as Zay wrote , myself. Recently while playing with ECP ive seen i was struggling to play/complete missions and the AI was always killing me and my squad as if we were some 16yr old kids with bb guns , i thought at first maybe i am in vet mode with Super AI turned on , but it wasnt the case so i turned ECP off and guess what we owned the AI pretty much.

I dont know what magic has been woven here in to the AI but they are damn smart now and hard to beat. Should make for good co-ops session , but SP can get quite tough wink_o.gif .

Yeah. My favorite steal the car is even more entertaining now. AI surrounds and outflanks you. blues.gif

I dont know what magic has been woven here in to the AI but they are damn smart now and hard to beat. Should make for good co-ops session , but SP can get quite tough  wink_o.gif .

Yeah. My favorite steal the car is even more entertaining now. AI surrounds and outflanks you. blues.gif

sounds good to me biggrin_o.gif

maybe no need to put in advanced cpu demanding a.i scripts then? tounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif just use ecp then unclesam.gif

love you guys if it works smile_o.gif

a typical example of covering fire: AI blindly fire at the position you'll likely be...

chin3.jpg

biggrin_o.gif fortunatly for me, I moved just in time... that was like... totally awesome biggrin_o.gif something you couln't see is that they also fired MG bursts, and single shots... "peng" , missed... "peng" , missed, but they're getting warmer... crazy_o.gif it really helps to make you run from your car-cover, but when you do that you're as good as dead, unless you're a good runner biggrin_o.gif

oh man, i sincerely hope that this comes out before i go to VMI, where games are a big no-no as a rat, this would make me happy, anyway, this is absolutly amazing work, is there a way that you would be able to implement ECP in conjunction with another mod, say, ECP+ Civil War, to see som graphically amazing civil war battles in which VMI cadets kick the dog crap out of the yanks?

a typical example of covering fire:  AI blindly fire at the position you'll likely be...

biggrin_o.gif  fortunatly for me, I moved just in time... that was like...  totally awesome  biggrin_o.gif something you couln't see is that they also fired MG bursts, and single shots... "peng" , missed... "peng" , missed, but they're getting warmer...  crazy_o.gif it really helps to make you run from your car-cover, but when you do that you're as good as dead, unless you're a good runner  biggrin_o.gif

the AIs in pla have been tweaked that they finally learn some basic soldiering, orthrough it eats up a hell lots of CPU power

Not really, it will be a long time before you'll see OFP2 on your computer screen. wink_o.gif ECP is close, i guess just believe em, they aren't lying. crazy_o.gif

Not really, it will be a long time before you'll see OFP2 on your computer screen.  wink_o.gif ECP is close, i guess just believe em, they aren't lying.  crazy_o.gif

lmao thats what they said a couple of months ago and ofp2 is getting nearer.. we have shots and soon info.. but till then im still waiting.. lol.. cant wait..

heheh... even though we know pretty much nothing. We know more about OFP2 than Ecp. But we still love you ECP team.

You could, but it would be more efficient if you chked 4 times a week. tounge_o.gif I have a strong feeling that it wont be this week, or next. wink_o.gif Hope im wrong though.

I look forward to getting completely owned by AI. I get glimpses of smart AI occasionally using Baron's improved AI, with a couple of scripts. But alas, alack, I've never been "suprised" by an actual AI flanking that works. (Ai placement is the only thing mission makers can do to surprise me) (Ok I lie, there was this one time when a BDRM with a DSHK just rolled up to the side while I was picking off his AI compadres... then well... Retry Mission.)

"near future"..... tsk tsk tsk...

But we STILL love you!

OFP 1.5 opens new gates for ECP i guess , i cant imagine how many gates have been opened though but i hope it will be helpful for ECP smile_o.gif .

!!Argh, but release the ecp 1.075 before OFP 1.5, please!! crazy_o.gifsmile_o.gif