Sign in to follow this  
zayfod

ECP 1.075...The countdown begins.

As you probably are all aware, OFPEC the hosting site of the ECP Team has been hacked. As a result our countdown page has been compromised to a small degree. All pics and avi links are currently out of action. ECP work will continue. wink_o.gif

I apologise for this, and I am sure Noon and Hubba are doing their damnedest to get OFPEC back up to speed asap.

Sorry for any inconvenience guys. sad_o.gif

Zay

[...]I apologise for this[...]

Sorry for any inconvenience guys. sad_o.gif

Zay

it's not your fault... you don't have to say that

i'm sure the community is with the ECP team and understand it's not the ECP fault

Thanks for the offer,

I think I will change links. It should not be too much trouble. I will borrow from other sites that already are hosting. Then swap them back once ofpec is back up.

Zay

OFPEC is ECP's main host. if they release it on another site then I can't see a delay either. Please some one who will host please do.

I guess there are enough people that would want to host this. I for example had planned to put it into our ofp watch as soon as it is out anyway.

Thanks for all the offers guys smile_o.gif ,

for now I will borrow the hosting that has been offered by SilentnDeadly for our pics and avi files. Thanks mate. wink_o.gif

Once we release it will be great to take you all up on your hosting offers. biggrin_o.gif

Zay

Another small update to opening thread.....some larger updates coming your way soon wink_o.gif

Zay

1. This thread is about ECP not about OFPEC, yes it's terrible that some scum sucking leeches have "hacked" them but that's a topic for another thread.

2. Let the ECP team worry about the release date, as much as we're all desperately keen to try this out let's stop annoying the team with silly questions about its release every 2 mins and instead concentrate on the potential this will add to the game we love smile_o.gif

when ya said that ai will take cover behind sandbags when getting supressed, is that the only thing theyll take cover behind, or will they get behind trees or rocks.

And also you said the ai will shoot from the sandbags, im just curious that will the ai all gang up onto the sandbags to shoot from, or will it only be one or two guys shooting from it at a time?

p.s. U guys are great

p.p.s Screw flanders

At first: Very nice work, you must have been working realy tirelessly.

Some suggestions:

- you increased spacing in formations (good for open terrain), could you set one MOUT formation (column or so) which would have decreased spacing?

- is it possile to edit formations so you can change not much used "V" formation to "round defensive formation" (im not sure in the word, just translating from my lang.)? or set one of your mates infront of commander (as a pointman/pathfinder; not in all formations, just column and stagged column)?

-the explosions seems to me bit too orange as when I remember what I seen in documentary films - there is just a flash, smoke, and dust and then the tank starts to burn from inside (qite nice by BIS)

i wonder if you made explosions FX as in documents or films or imagination (just curious, realy no offence)

Its true, it looks realy striking especialy in NVG - NVG is truly nice done - that scene with BMP and incoming tank is perfect.

just out of curiosity... how does this mod make editing and creating missions easier for those who find it difficult .. like me biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

how does this mod make editing and creating missions easier for those who find it difficult

I think, at least in the present version, the debug console is very very handy.

You have tried the debug console haven't you?

A small example

---------------

You can dynamically create yourself a vehicle whilst previewing a mission, good if you have just pranged the jeep you started with.

Planck

lol good example .. but no . . i mean like umm triggering an event or so i have heard you can do this without typing in confusing coding correct me if im wrong

I imagine you could set a variable as true in order to trigger an event that was waiting for the condition.

At the moment you would type it into the debug console, I imagine it will be the same in the new version, but we will have to wait and see. tounge_o.gif

Planck

Another opening thread update tounge_o.gif

Zay

im lookin forward to the way improved AI im gonna get my ass kicked. sad_o.gif

Yeah, I think the goal of soldier A.I. should be not more intelligent (some soldiers are "rock-brains"), but more human. So, while smarts are improved, stupidity needs to be improved, too.

Whoops, guys i am sorry, eariler i posted saying go to ofp.info, i thought the mod was released but i didnt have time to look into it. The first thing i did was go here and post! But i am sorry for not thinking and being dumb

Oh yeah and a while back on page 11 i posted asking if the ai will say stuff, but nobody replied?

Btw.

ECP

(need i say more?)

Will the AI smart enough to use or (if in a aircraft) recognize the laser designator?

Will the AI smart enough to use or (if in a aircraft) recognize the laser designator?

They already can.

Whoops, guys i am sorry, eariler i posted saying go to ofp.info, i thought the mod was released but i didnt have time to look into it. The first thing i did was go here and post! But i am sorry for not thinking and being dumb

Oh yeah and a while back on page 11 i posted asking if the ai will say stuff, but nobody replied?

Btw.

ECP

(need i say more?)

I doubt the AI are going to say anything unless it's incorperated into a mission. Wouldn't it be a bit wierd if your testing a unit on desert island and the AI start screaming for no reason? crazy_o.giftounge_o.gif

I think that needs to be left to the mission makers.

will you release an little test before-after for the framerate ??

because y2k3 use some high res addons and the framerate are between 12-50 but more frequently at 12-25

with EECP i get 20-50 fps

is the new version will change the performance in Y2K3 and EECP rock.gif?

thanx

oops i have an radeon 9600 256 mb, an 2500 + and 768 DDR

i'll certainly change in 1 month for an amd 64 3,2 ghz and new motorboard because mine is a little weird

They already can.

No, I mean with no scripts involved. Put in a laser desig. unit on the map, put in a plane, and you (the laser desig. unit) point the laser at a random unit and the plane comes in a bombs the target.