Sign in to follow this  
csj

Bushranger BETA release

Albatross No.9 Squadron"Bushranger" Beta release.

This is the Aussie ver of the Huey H gunship used in Vietnam.

Very special thanks to Mick Castles, Dustoff pilot for Alb No.9 1970-1971. Vung Tau

Thank also to Mirage75,Trenchfeet,Hitman for testing and

Hotshot Hotshot for testing and taking some pics.

Hotshot has also made a couple of missions and I will post some others including a medevac script I have patched together.

csjBR.jpg

Also included in pack are

Aus and US slicks, Dustoffs and Charlie Model Gunships.

dustoff3qk.jpg

CSJhueys4L.jpg

CSJhueys6L.jpg

CSJhueys5L.jpg

a2insertion0rh.jpg

Download from OFPBase.com

http://www.ofpbase.com/pafiledb/pafiledb.php?action=category&id=1

Mission DL

http://www.ofpbase.com/pafiledb/pafiledb.php?action=category&id=19

Hey nice job!!!

Would these work perty well as in the 1985 period rather then the Blackhawks? rock.gif

@Silent N Deadly

Thanks for mirror from ofp.info:

best looking huey models I've seen. I really like the the slick versions biggrin_o.gif my only request are new pilots and a better huey sound (ie the one from the sebnam huey)

Quote[/b] ]dabitup

what fastrope script is that? Does it come with the addon?

Quote[/b] ]Original:

; By Zayfod. Strongly influenced and built on top of oneRapple.sqs By Xcess and Gastovski  *

; modified by AliMag - 03/2003

I have adapted this script to suit Hueys.

Will put in demo mission when I get my ass into gear.

Quote[/b] ]DB-ERAUPilot

my only request are new pilots and a better huey sound (ie the one from the sebnam huey)

ATM the Pilots are standard BIS, if making a mission etc its not hard to swap with which ever addon-unit pilots you are using ie:seb-nam aircavpilots. That's what I do.

With the numerous high quality Nam Units available or soon to be released, I figured it easier for the users to choose what they wanted.

Re Sound: I personally do not like above mentioned sound. To me it doesn't have the twin blade effect more or a tri. So at this point the sound stays.

I would be happy if sombody could sharpen the edge on the base.

Very very very nice hueys! the best i´ve seen for OFP since sebnam pack release. Great job.

BTW what do you think about increasing the polycount of the engine section? It looks a little bit less detailed than the rest of the chopper.

And how about refining the polygons of the doors? ohh and the US Army dustoff versions don´t have shadow.

Anyway excellent work. Two thumbs up!

Greetings wink_o.gif

@hmmwv

Glad you brought up the doors coz I am interested in ppl thoughts on this.

The pilot and co-pilot doors annoy the crap out if me coz of the shadowing is diff to the main frame.

The Medevac/Dustoff ver. I fixed this by simply removing the doors.

Did anyone notice or does anyone care. rock.gif

Do you need the doors to open and shut?

Do you use the pilot/co-pilot doors in game?

My thoughts are 'they just clutter up the user's action menu.

I think it's not important if pilot and co-pilot doors can be opened or closed.

Especially in missions you won't notice this. I can't imagine that you'll be "playing" with doors in the middle of battle under AA fire:D .

However.....this is the best huey addon I've ever seen blues.gif

Is it possible to leave doors open when engine is off, and close them when engine starts?

Maybe a bit unrealistic, but i think it would be good for those who likes opening doors, and won't disturb ones who doesn't care?

I Really don't care if I can open the doors or not. It's a nice detail, but I'm with you " it just clutter up the action menu".

You have done a really great job with this addon, and if it wasn't for the sound of the choppers, I would have it implementet in my clans addon pack, so all of my team members could enjoy your fine work.

So please do something about the sound, and I will recommed it to everyone I know.

btw: We are 5 ppl who has indepentenly stated that the engine sound seemed wrong, and a bit high pitched.

THUMPS UP.

the doors are only good if they can give you some shield from the enemy fire on small arms, ideal for multy player, appart from that, I don't see any use on them and like is been said, just cluter the action menu.

I can't wayt to get back home and fix my PC to try this babys.

Regards.

@CERO

Well I got spoiled with the doors working on them, even nicer is they are in the rails and tracks. If anything it should be retained uaualy there is a script so the doors open and close durring boarding. It is a common standard now to have working doors.

Its not set so you have to use them os they can be ignored, they are not required to be open so you can bail out like on some choppers.

fuselages where rather nice, texture pretty good, the instrument panel, was lacking, spent a great deal of time on the H model which I glommed on to in this pack, my main disapointment was the rotor mast assembliy and blades, which were mostly textures.

The sounds kinda didn't sound right, I could have gotten you good sounds but all of our Hueys are grounded in this unit and the AH-1S and Z that they use don't sound right for the slick and gunships.

Doors seem to offer prorection from the jam2 manica gunners that hammer the bird on sight, if the doors are removed from the next update, hope you warn me so I know to now update to it and update the birds on my own for personal use.

lol. Just remembered I set the pilot co-pilot open/shut door opt in action menu to dissapear above 5 metres inheight or there about. So they are out of the way in most combat situations.

Still have taken note of ppl point of views re doors. Thanx

Cargo doors will remain free opt. not scripted.

Its easy enough to script them to open/shut in editor.

@Bobcatt666

I think the H model in use today would have slighty improved on intrument panels as to what was used 30 years ago.

The pic I used is from Nam Huey, D model can't remember.  The main difference was between the different weapons loadout used, then extra panels where installed to the main instrument panel.

Also the main objective with making this model was to keep it fairly simple and not too taxing on PC.

I figured 10 choppers plus in the air running smooth would be better then 1 or 2 choppers with lots of ringing bells and flashing lights that choke the frame rate.

My earlier models I built with too much dimensional detail and often ended up with lods of 14000 plus. I love detail asmuch as the next guy, but I hate freeze frame mad_o.gif

This was one of those addons that came out of nowere and thoroughly impressed me. Excellent work CSJ. biggrin_o.gif

detail point noted, that I can understand. I stick these int modern day missions the Sebnam units still get the Nam era useage, the big hueys I have been using kinda hard to portray 1985 units and ARG which got stuck with choppers left over from Nam. Last Avaination unit I was in was in model Ds all you could still see the bullet dents in the panels on them. Pretty much were in the sampe pain jobs as ours are now just only would need to add the numbering scripts for the body and tail number. Still kick ass birds, good work on em..

I might even creat some missions for them once I figure out a lot of the systems implimented.

@Bobcatt666

if you or anyone good send me a detailed front and side on jpg of the Reflex sight I would like to replace my cruddy drawing of it.

Shadow is not working on Dustoff I noticed, will fix.

Also would appreciate assistance of a script writer if someone has a bit of spare time.

Great work CSJ, I am having a lot of fun making missions with these on Kodiak 2 Island using SKEG_MAN and SASR_Sabres ADF soldiers since the ADF S-70 is only so so. Great job man!!! That Bushmaster is one hell of a bird, never knew about it til you released it.