Sign in to follow this  
DPS -CCCP-

Mi-26 "Halo" and soviet pilot pack relased

I still didn't find the problem that prevents Vulcans to engage this bird, maybe it's something very obvious that i've overlooked.

Also i've done a few tests to make sure it's not the ammo or something. For example a normal BMP has armor=200 and armorstructural=2.0 which equals the armor values of the Mi-26, while the BMP gets wasted in a matter of seconds the Vulcan's completly ignore the Helicopter crazy_o.gif.

Lifting an enemy AI Controlled M163 (the other one is just following it's leader LOL tounge_o.gif:)

"]http://gallery.image4free.com/albums....mg]

Thats not a bug... it's a feature biggrin_o.gif

I checked the config and found the problem.

set the:

accuracy=0.3; to accuracy=5;

threat[]={1, 0.2, 0.8}; to threat[]={1,0.5,0.05};

and not sure about this

scope=0; to scope=public;

All are stored in class CfgVehicles wink_o.gif

Thanx for noting a problems, but we allready know about this and work to fix it. Wait for upcoming patch!smile_o.gif

Didn't mean to list the current Mi26 cargo capability as a "problem", in contrast to the Vulcan thing above which I have not yet experienced and have no idea about.

Just asking for a subtle change in the scripting to allow for multiple Mi26 control in MP missions especially in a CTI context and that these excellent features you've included have globalVariables so that they can be switched on/off allowing greater in-mission environment creation control.

Therefore more of a "request" which would only need minor changes in others current scripts incorporating this addon...very minor. Though I don't think it's been out that long right ?

I think this addon is great and like all addon/mission makers you guys do this free. Keep up the good work !

biggrin_o.gif

all i can say is stop conplaining, this helo is absolutely brilliant...

roflmfao, i just keep liking this Mi-26

sniper1.JPG

sniper2.JPG

sniper3.JPG

sniper4.JPG

sniper5.JPG

wanta make your very own flying sniper?

simple

make your name 'carry' and the helo's name 'helo'

put this inside a radio alpha trigger activation field

Quote[/b] ][helo,carry] exec "\OWP_MI26\scripts\vgr\movie.sqs"

then order an AI to get inside the helo and fly away.  when he is in the air (make sure he has some altitude first) press 001 (radio alpha) and poof

order your mobile sniper tower around by ordering the pilot to fly around

when you decide that reed's dumbass stunt was indeed dumbass, order the pilot to do the action that drops you

you will fall with 3 parachutes.

if the pilot flies below 15, you will automatcly disconnect.

if the pilot surpasses 175km/h, you fall to your death

enjoy  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

<u>YOU GUYS ARE CHAMPIONS!

I LOVE THIS HELO</u>

NOTE: all of these pictures are < 200kb as per forum rules

Nice! biggrin_o.gif

Although I don't have OFP installed I sure need this pice on a CD wink_o.gif

i've noticed the vulcan etc problem as well... but seeing as you guys have already noted it, i eagerly await the patch... great job as always smile_o.gif

There seems to be a bug with the engine failure script or something related to it. I had two western AA soldiers fireing their stingers at and hitting the heli so it had an engine failure. The heli managed to land safely without exploding (looks very cool btw when it goes down) but as soon as the heli had landed there was massive lag (the fps prolly dropped to around 1-5 or so). It looked just like the ai struggled to get the bird up in the air again but it couldn´t due to some script forcing it to stay on the ground. I managed to blow up the heli with a law launcher and as soon as it had exploded the lag stopped. Would very nice if you could take a look at this and maybe try to fix it since its a very cool thing that the heli can land safely after engine failure. Maybe you could do so that the screw bails out once the heli is on the ground and continue on foot to the next waypoints if they have any.

There´s also a minor thing that i don´t think is a bug but that i find a bit annoying and that is how the heli handles when you fly it. The heli seems so slide sideways all the time like it was a big bus with poor tires on ice or something. Can anything be done to improve the handling? Tbh i´ve nerver felt this odd hadling of any other heli addon that i´ve tried in ofp before. I´m mainly flying ´em birds with my mouse btw..

Oh.. and does the flares really work? Seems like that atleast the standard western AA soldier always hit the heli with the stinger even if flares are deployed.

But despite these minor bugs/oddities i must tell you that i totally love this bird! Can´t wait to get back ingame and play around with it some more.

Keep up the good work guys!

xmas_o.gif

As far as I've tested the flares work great! Course it was me (player) firing the AA as opposed to the AI so maybe that was it.

I have one problem with pilots .The ones with no helmet or headgear can't put on or off the helmets sad_o.gif But other than that when you blast the Refuller it quickley disappears into a huge fireball and all thats left is Mi 26 debbrees and the cargo one also transforms too but only sometimes wierd. But thanx for the choppers probably the best under east smile_o.gif

ummm....somethings not right for me.....

the helicopter has no interior

you can see sky when you look through the windows

None of the doors work

Almost none of the scripts work

I have fully reinstalled OFP 1.96 with no other addons

ohh... you have serios problems with or OFP:)

But if u can see sky throught the windows, this is nowmal, i think:)

@ Dec. 31 2004,00:05)]if u can see sky throught the windows, this is nowmal, i think:)

hehe

good point

but I can see sky when I look INTO the chopperthrough the windows crazy_o.gif

Am I VERY stupid or have i messed something up? How the hell do you pick up a vehicle with the skycrane?

Maybe he means that if he looks trhough window into the chopper he sees sky not interior. rock.gif

@Dynamite Cow: You fly over the target or whatever and option apperars like this :Attach cargo

Ahh yep. Me stupid. Downloaded again and saw it in the readme.

EDIT: Hmm that flying crane indeed is a very interesting thing. Had some fun picking up boats and paradropping them into the ground. I also made a mission where you must pick up an officer in his jeep when the driver takes a piss tounge_o.gif

But still, the chopper lacks weaponry. Well, i did something to that too.

HeloM2.JPG

Very sweet helo, but unfortunately impossible to use on a dedicated server.

It crashes the server (both win32 and linux) with a "texture aspect ratio" error.

So far the following files have been discovered to cause this: det2.pac , det11.pac and h1.pac

I believe there are more textures with the same aspect ratio (16x256 and 8x128).

I'm hoping you'll fix it or it won't see much MP.

And that would make me sad sad_o.gif

great heli,

only as a question, could i use your script with the faun franziska and if yes, how?

great bird makes me have to update a number of other Soviet choppers I was working on now to not look as poor against this.

mi26019mv.th.jpg

However this is what I was mentioning about pilot issues.

mi26bug015di.th.jpg

mi26bug024gv.th.jpg

mi26bug039al.th.jpg

Other than that unsquared textures creating lag and ctds which has been pointed out already.

Its still a very nice unit hope thses small problems will be corrected..

However this is what I was mentioning about pilot issues.  

How you do this, maybe changes CfgVehAction to other one?smile_o.gif

I didn't touch it, not of your other helos create this issue, however a lot of the ICP created stuffthe driver sits on passanger side for me. Also a lot of the cars that I downloaded from the OFP.RU site. Seems to be an issue with the proxies. Copilot, codriver, so if a defination is left ot inheret you get an error like that. I removed all older versions of the chopper so its not the cause of the conflict.

I'll just have to break down like the other addons and fix it myself.

Only happens in the outside view. Or if your watching it as another player, the poilit view your where you should be.

this is a beautiful addon, unfortunatley the game locks up when I use the vehicle "paradrop" function and forces me to restart my comp sad_o.gif

I have a intel pentium 4 2.4 ghz processor

1GB or RAM

radeon 9800 pro

On an other note, the transport script works extremely well except for the fact the vehicles spew dust for the chopper. I wonder if someone could make a modified version of the BAS ch47 and blackhawk to include these crane and cargo scripts? biggrin_o.gif

it seems the vehicles believe they are moving/become part of the chopper in essense and hence are moving - since im assuming none of the vehicles have been changed in terms of configs, they will spew out all their normal dust scripts just as if they were moving...

didnt have witht he BAS stuff because they only took certain vehicles which they could then control

This is a really nicely done addon. The crane and cargo scripts are the easiest to use and highest quality that I have seen yet. The only suggestions I have to improve it is to get the AI to work with cargo inside and to have all variants replaced with wreckage or a destroyed versions when they crash(maybe a few more destroyed versions as well). smile_o.gif