Sign in to follow this  
Triglav

US Civil War Mod ver.1.0 Beta Released

Im working on a fictional campaign for this wonderful mod. I want to transfer it to the gettysburg map but uh it might be kinda hard. Its currently on Everon and its name is "The Road to St. Pierre". The player will be playing as a Union soldier. Which ill probably have to make a Condeferate version so somebody will play it. Anyway i got to missions done so far. The mission arnt going to be spectacular but i plan on making it so each group in your company will be passed on to the next mission. So if your the only person alive in your group thats how it will be in the next one, enless you get reinforced. If i get it to work ill be happy. Heres a pick of the first mission for yas.

Durras1.JPG

it has to be a northern ammo pouch because i have cornbread in mine and of course corn whiskey  just in case biggrin_o.gif

it has to be a northern ammo pouch because i have cornbread in mine and of course corn whiskey  just in case  biggrin_o.gif

Well, I'd want mine packed like that as well! xmas_o.gif

Happy new years folks.

That there Minie pouch (or ration pouch for the south) is part of the system im devising (maybe devised) to carry more than 10 bullets. Its not in this previous release (I made it the day after the mod was released). But im sure this one or a better system will be released in the next version.

Ahem, modern signs in a US Civil War campaign? Could you people PLEASE use that Gettysburg island, even if your missions wouldn't be related to the battle of Gettysburg? Damn, is it just me or is anyone else's atmosphere broken with those modern things? Ahh, maybe i'll make a mission of the Confederate attacking Petrovice which is defended by Deltas?

Hehe!

Happy 2005 all!

P.S.

Ain't no sight more gallant, than a rebel officer in the turret of a T55!

Huh, seen my "Air Cavalry" in AMD "Horse with rider" topic? Now that's something EVIL.

EDIT: You said T55? A T55? Ahh, who needs a toy like that? Here's an... ahem, modern version of the battle of Gettysburg!

"You won't get in this time!"

"You really think so?"

"Fire!"

Realism? Who cares about some f***ing realism?

Okay, don't do what i have just done. I just HAD to.

Happy 2005 all!

Happy New Year and a Rebel Yell to you and your team, Triglav! I hadn't played OFP in awhile, with your mod I can't put it down!

I think your blowing a little thing out of proportion Dynamite_cow. I do believe I said I want to convert it to the Gettysburg map. Everon conatin excellent terrain features which I am using is it, referring mainly the valley. But if i do make it on everon just dont download, and you wont have not a thing to worry about.

Hey Fellas,

By the way, if some of you wanted to represent tighter battle lines, I found that it works really well if you just have the individual soldiers instead of having them grouped. Just copy and paste. Anyways, when you are ready for the individual soldier to mount his bayonet just put this in his waypoint...

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">[this] exec"\CWEnfield\scripts\FixBayonet\Fix.sqs";

it works fairly well and that way you can keep them closer together...

also, anyone yet try the JSDF marching animations with these? OMG they look so awesome... I'll post some pics in a bit.

Congrats Dev Team, this brought OFP out of the gutter yet again! unclesam.gif

piccies!

unmarch17og.jpg

unmarch25ur.jpg

unfire2np.jpg

costand11pl.jpg

cofire2bp.jpg

cocharge9yv.jpg

pics from a mission I am working on...if its good enough I might just release it... wink_o.gif

really nice, beatyfull units, also i don't get the option to reload when i mount a cannon and fire it.

but what i'd like to see the flag waving that the units carry.

maybe you could only take the original one and give it to that guy.

really nice, beatyfull units, also i don't get the option to reload when i mount a cannon and fire it.

It reloads automatically, and it takes a while, as it is not as easy to load as todays guns wink_o.gif

hello desantnik  wheres that movie you was thinking about making little while back of the CWmod if its still 86mb send it to my email i would love to see it i hope everyone knows when LIBERATION finishes the steam train that would look great on the civil war maps too

this mod rocks.

I dont know much about us civil war but I am huge western fan.

I hope there will be some civilians so I can make my good,bad and ugly mission.

Dude that is so awesome that the ai can actually fight eachother with the bayonets, i thought they would just mount them and you would have to give them waypoints to get close to the guys, but they actually run up to eachother, i just had an awesome battle with two lines of about 40 guys charge at eachother, their waypoints meet in the middle and in the waypoints init path i put the script to make them use bayonets, it was so cool, because after a while almost everybody was down to their bayonets and were charging at eachother and stuff. It was so cool! btw if anyone wants to know the script to use it go to page 11 i think, or it might be on 10

Quote[/b] ]I hope there will be some civilians so I can make my good,bad and ugly mission.

There was a western mod in the news awhile back. I dont know what the status is but it sure would work nice alongside with this mod.

Dude that is so awesome that the ai can actually fight eachother with the bayonets, i thought they would just mount them and you would have to give them waypoints to get close to the guys, but they actually run up to eachother, i just had an awesome battle with two lines of about 40 guys charge at eachother, their waypoints meet in the middle and in the waypoints init path i put the script to make them use bayonets, it was so cool, because after a while almost everybody was down to their bayonets and were charging at eachother and stuff. It was so cool! btw if anyone wants to know the script to use it go to page 11 i think, or it might be on 10

or on 3, or 4, or their site... tounge_o.gif

anyways...,

its really too bad that we still dont have a usable horse... sad_o.gif

Gavin was making some cowboys...sent me some models and they look very fine indeed. Maybe he'll release some we can use as civillians with our mod.

Also...

I took a look at the accuracy issue...

I wasn't the dispersion that much, as two other things.

See we replaced some stuff just before releasing, while I tested accuracy with old anims and default OFP aim views.

One the anims we made tilted the gun a bit, so that aim became unstraight, and secondly our aim view was missaligned.

When I tested, even with dispersion set to 0, at 100m I couldn't hit anything.

Now I've fixed the anims and the aim views so that the aiming works better and dispersion values come in where they have to.

Still...remember to "AIM LOW, BOYS!"

I finally got around to doing the overview and briefing for that civil war mission I was working on. Before anyone says it, yes its not historically accurate. I screwed up and accidentally put the Union attacking Gettysburg instead of the Confederacy. But still its a fun mission with lots of AI bayoneting and artillery and realistic infantry tactics (flank attacks bypassing main Confederate defenses). Later on I'll fix up the mission and switch the sides around so that its a bit more proper. I'll probably add a good ending movie also.

Hopefully this mission is the first of many quality Civil War missions I'll be making. The hardest thing however is finding proper soundtrack music from this era.

sad_o.gif

FieldofSorrow1.jpg

FieldofSorrow2.jpg

Download link:

http://www.idfsquad.com/downloads/milesteg/Field_of_Sorrow.rar

One of my ancestors by the name of Archer faught in the civil war. I used to have tons of records and love letters from the civil war but my Mom threw them away cuz she considered it trash. sad_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I took a look at the accuracy issue...

I wasn't the dispersion that much, as two other things.

See we replaced some stuff just before releasing, while I tested accuracy with old anims and default OFP aim views.

One the anims we made tilted the gun a bit, so that aim became unstraight, and secondly our aim view was missaligned.

When I tested, even with dispersion set to 0, at 100m I couldn't hit anything.

Now I've fixed the anims and the aim views so that the aiming works better and dispersion values come in where they have to.

Not that I understand a whole lot of this crazy_o.gif , but I take it that the gist of what you're saying is that an upcoming version will make our muskets will aim better. A welcome improvement, good on you!