Sign in to follow this  
Triglav

US Civil War Mod ver.1.0 Beta Released

However I have a question... were the Berden sharpshooters used as full units or were they attached to regular infantry units as snipers?

Mostly used as skirmishers to draw out the enemy, providing the ability to determine enemy strength, recon territory, or detect ambushes. In a fight they went ahead of regular infantry as sharpshooters.

Just tested the mod and it is excellent. Only minor bugs to repport and they are already mentioned in this topic. I like mostly the detail you have used in all units and Island and using that baionet, of course smile_o.gif Thanks for the Christmas gift and keep working on this cause it is worthy unclesam.gif

i'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but the gettysburg island requires the farmland objects addon

ftp://www.gamezone.cz:8021/ofpd/unofaddons2/Fml_objectsv1.20.zip

the island will run without it, but the fields won't be there and an error will pop up in the editor. you might wanna include that addon in the next version of your mod.

other than that the mod looks good, i just wish there had been a mission or two to go along with this nice island

Bug with bayonet when you put your bayonet you can't shoot you can't frop your weapon.

The AI has no problems with the bayonet they can fire and drop their weapon only player has this bug.

i'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but the gettysburg island requires the farmland objects addon

No shit ?

I will turn 50 next year, so it may be safe to assume that i'm already suffering from dementia.

But, since i had a complete checkup just the other week, other possibilities have to be considered.                           tounge_o.gif

Bug with bayonet when you put your bayonet you can't shoot you can't frop your weapon.

The AI has no problems with the bayonet they can fire and drop their weapon only player has this bug.

Try pressing spacebar. That helps, atleast for me.

But still, even if i deleted the napoleonic addons, i have crashes with most units. Not all though, cavalry and artillery officcers and NCO:s work properly, and so do the sharpshooters. The problem seems to be only with the infantry, though officers usually work.

press "spacebar" (or the button you normally use to switch to grenades..  wink_o.gif )

EDIT: this really screams for a horse..., its hard to make a decent mission without any transport..  crazy_o.gif

EDIT2: wooah, 3 posts at the same time tounge_o.gif

I'll report now about huge bug. wink_o.gif

Civil war mod units use radios!  crazy_o.gif

They should communicate with each other by screaming or talking.

rock.gif That's part of the game engine, I believe... That can't be so easily addressed, what you're hearing are default sounds.

Now, it would be kinda cool, if it were possible, to replace that with noble Southern accents for the Confederate units, but I might get offended if you didn't use a native Southerner, and had some Yankee making us sound like hicks! tounge_o.gif

just for your information number of downloads for the CW MOD on the freewebsite 12-27---downloaded 27 times 12-28---- downloaded 82 times----12-29---downloaded---32 times so far----- note for MR Combat Chaplain i am from the great state of ALABAMA but i have a heavy southern accent but i hate talking but i might have too just for ya'll {that means you all }

From now on I won't even reply anymore to questions that have been covered in the readme. mad_o.gif

To eestikas88

About the voices. They don't speak on radio. Nonono!

That't their actual voices. Just all crackly and thin because of all the virginian tobacco and kentucky whiskey they consume! Really! tounge_o.gif

To Dynamite_cow:

Noone else has crashes, it's gotta be your comp or your addons.

To ofpforum & Tsalagikola:

So it's safe to assume more than 200 people now have the addon?

In the readme I put the folder in the ofp directory and I create the shortcut as it tells me to. I got to properties and add -mod=CWMod as it say, but then it says that the name specified in the target box is not valid. Any suggestions?

It should look like this...

"C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE" -mod=CWMod

You might have your end quote in the wrong spot. Some people move it to the end.

Or, a you might have missed the space after the quote.

note for MR Combat Chaplain  i am from the great state of ALABAMA  but i have a heavy southern accent but i hate talking but i might have too just for ya'll  {that means you all }

Ah'm frum Alabama, too! Childersburg, actually, though it's been forever since I've been there, I'm forced to live among the Yankees on Cape Cod right now... crazy_o.gif

My accent's not all that thick, my father was from Maine, but these Yanks tell me it's obvious I'm from the South. God bless 'em!

Canadian T, I don't know how it could be done, or if it could be done, but getting the voices in would be nice. Then I'd come lookin' fer alla YOU that don't sound right! tounge_o.gif

I'm lovin' this mod, y'all... biggrin_o.gif

It should look like this...

"C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE" -mod=CWMod

You might have your end quote in the wrong spot. Some people move it to the end.

Or, a you might have missed the space after the quote.

aye cheers mate, it was inside the inverted commas.

thanks  biggrin_o.gif

That would pretty cool to have some southern accents in the game. I wouldnt want them to replace the radio sounds, I would want the to be sounds emitted from were the yeller is so you cant here them 3000m away. I wouldnt be surpised if theres a way. If you dont want the radio while playing this mod, turn off the radio audio and the subtitles. that what i Did.

If you dont want the radio while playing this mod, turn off the radio audio and the subtitles. that what i Did.

this enableradio false...? rock.gif

and well, replacing the voices isnt that hard.., just ALOT of work to record all those words/numbers.... tounge_o.gif

BTW: to start with a bayonet (without having to attach it)

this removeweapon "musket"; this addweapon "MusketB"

or

this removeweapon "Enfield"; this addweapon "EnfieldB"

for the enfield... wink_o.gif

wow what i small world i am from Centre if that doesn't ring a bell its at Weiss lake   north-- northeast of childersburg i danced at pow-wows at childersburg

yay, vmi cadets i cnat wait!!!!!!i should have guessed that the Mod was done by southerners , the south looks great and the north looks like shit.... the way it should hehehe VA, the city of RIchmond, i plan on making a mission for the seige of richmond, i might even put my house in it... but yeah vmi rocks, its where i plan on transfering to next year, instead of shitty VCU where im at now... But yeah southern accents and a rebel yell would be nice.if you need a good suthun voice id be happy to lend you mine... also i was thinking that maybe with the officers, the saber could be used in the same fashion as a bayonet, where when a unit comes into proximity of an enemy he, similarly as the bayonet, animations kick in and he kills the enemy... just a thought... also you ought to build a generic fort, like philcommando's prison sorta, so that we can do a stormy fort sorta thing, and send bombardment into lines of yankeesand wahtch them squeel about and writh in pain. also formations, why wont the CW men line up into formations like other OPFLASH men? ive tried to get them into lines but they end up a gaggle fuck of grey... hmmmmmmmmm also accuracy really MUST be improved, i need to be able to at least hit something...

wow what i small world i am from Centre if that doesn't ring a bell its at Weiss lake   north-- northeast of childersburg i danced at pow-wows at childersburg

Weyul, gaw-lee!

It IS a small world!

You come from a nice little slice o' heaven, man! Was the pow-wow at the Coosa Caverns? I'm getting homesick!