Sign in to follow this  
Triglav

US Civil War Mod ver.1.0 Beta Released

Am I the only person that likes playing as the Union Army? Looks like it.

you are not alone.... biggrin_o.gif

*bayonets poor ole' confeds"

@CW MOD crew: nice mod.... xmas_o.gif

Just a minor point, but there is a nice mansion in the northern part of the town of Gettysburg that I walked through the bottom of, like it was a clipping problem.  It looks like the mansion may be sitting a little high off the ground.  What I mean is that I didn't walk through the building normally, it looked like I was looking from up under the model.

Anyone else have that problem?

Thank's Combat Chaplain. This glitch is for real !

Unfortunately it is not in our island but in OFP itself. (if it is a bug )

The house in square FA36 (Silnice Townhall) sits a little to high on the ground. In the Nogova map a sidewalk at the front steps was added and i don't know what else they did to make the rear entrance accessible.

I've tried placing the building (O\hous\domek_radnice) on other islands with the same result.

Any ideas about how to fix that ?

I'm no islandmaker and i have no idea of would this be possible or help, and also if you try this, i don't know if your head will disappear or your neighbor will blow up, but anyway: Could it be possible to put it like underground then? So that it would be lower than the ground level.

EDIT: Found a solution to avoid the crashes. It really had something to do with my other addons, but because there is at least a gazillion of *.pbo:s in there, i simply renamed my addon folder. Navigating in mission editor is easier, too tounge_o.gif

EDIT2: The addon that caused the crashes was Philcommando's pirate addon. That explains why the ammo of the musket was called "PCMusket" and trying to fire the ammunition called "Enfield something" or "Springfield something" crashed. tounge_o.gif Well, never used that pirate addon too much, and the CWMOD has cooler muskets anyway, they're not semi automatic wink_o.gif

With all respect to PC of course, they were nice to play with, though the AI fired full auto with your flintlock.

i should have guessed that the Mod was done by southerners

Ahem...

Only Tsalagikola is a southerner.

Pickett and me are Europeans tounge_o.gif

I've tried placing the building (O\hous\domek_radnice) on other islands with the same result.

Any ideas about how to fix that ?

as far as i can remember, you shouldnt use the auto-height thingy, but place it on -10M... altough it has been a long time since i last played around with island-editing... tounge_o.gif

They have ears but they keep them close to the head so they don't get shot off.

Ever had an ear shot off? Hurts like hell.

They have ears but they keep them close to the head so they don't get shot off.

Ever had an ear shot off? Hurts like hell.

how do you keep your ears to your head without pushing them with your hands...? rock.giftounge_o.gifwink_o.gif

Well like an elephant of course. You flap them back and forth, then keep them back when shootng starts.

Look, you get part of YOUR ear shot off, you learn real fast to keep them pressed firmly against your skull! biggrin_o.gif

Besides, who has time to look at ears? I aim for the center of body mass...

And shoot...

And miss...

And reload...

And move...

And aim again!

Ever tried cleaning your ears with a bayonet?

Gets 'em real clean. wow_o.gif

Hey does anyone know how to combine this with the fdf mod?

i have tried but it says unable to find target . but it says the same thing with normal operation flashpoint resistance, has anyone else been having problems with making the mod run?

Why bother shooting anyway? You won't hit anyway, and if you go closer, you still won't hit. When you are so close you could have a possibility to hit, the bayonet script will run.

Damn, that Spencer is soo naughty thing, too bad it cannot use a bayonet. It would be a weapon which would make your enemies stab themselves with a bayonet. Damnit, I really wish you will release that Gatling in future.

I've been tinkering with the config files, and have some pretty neat groups set up. I'd be willing to submit them to the mod for use.

currently i have 2 12 man squads, one led by an nco, and another by an officer, with a flagbearer.

I really wish you will release that Gatling in future.

I think Triglav already posted that the Gatling is ready, just a little bug in the animation that needs fixing.

That  and a script that will make the gun jam randomly as the original quite often did.

That script will increase the realism even more: Now you're banging away, now you dont !  biggrin_o.gif

theres a bug in the animations when one of the civil war fellers goes down one one knee with a anti tank weapon

tounge_o.gif

Yup.

I also noticed weird behaviour when a CW guy is piloting a helicopter.

theres a bug in the animations when one of the civil war fellers goes down one one knee with a anti tank weapon

tounge_o.gif

That must have been the local police officer : LAW and order  tounge_o.gif

If i extract your weapon pbo and there is that confic file.

What should i change there that those guns would be more accuracy.

sorry my bad english.

i have ! big problem whit this mod if i put out like 4 enemys agains myself im north and when the first shot fires OFP shut down what is the problem?

i have ! big problem whit this mod if i put out like 4 enemys agains myself im north and when the first shot fires OFP shut down what is the problem?

Now this is unique, sounds like a massiv interference with some other addon.

You sure you followed the instruction and setup CWMod in a separate folder ?

Even if that is the case, i recommend you remove (backup) all foreign addons and try again.