Sign in to follow this  
Sudden Death

Operation Black Mamba - UPDATED!

Hi folks,

sorry that I don´t reply so far. I´m very busy outside of OFP and the OFPMDB, but ofpchaos pleased me to release the mission on this weekend. Belive me, I know you´re waiting so long for it. At this point we have only german news and report. The english one will follow on monday!

Heads up!

Sudden Death

Several questions:

1. When start the mission it says "Chaos Studios Presents" and it stays like that for around 12 minutes, anyone know why?

2. After you use the Rebal radio, and all the rebals come after you? What do you do? Do you call for the F-18's? If so how? And even if you don't, how do you call for the F-18's?

Thanks. smile_o.gif

1)

Its Tonal Island and the sounds in the Intro, which takes this time to load. Reduce Your grafic details and textures in Flashpoint-preferences. It should take only a minute or two on slower PCs.

2)

If you are a sneaking intruder in a foreign country, would you touch on every thing you see and would you use a rebell radio-transmitter?

Think about it and try again!

If you´re in front of a massive counter attac, be shure that your team und yourself put down the silencer. It will help you to stay alive!

The F-18s are called later in the mission via SATCOM. There will be a hint if you can use it.

S.D.

1) thanks for the help.

2) thanks for the advice lol. But what do i do after i tell them that that guy were looking for is not their then they tell me i can search the area, what do i do?

thx for answer ofpchaos tounge_o.gif

well i guess i'll got to register , but i'll do it when the english update is there next week then wink_o.gif

i am kind of stuck with the same problem, i cleared the camp, extracted the data from the laptop, got the message that my mission goals where updated and to check my orders

problem is, that the only change in my orders are that the point about freeing the oil minister is gone, but i dont get new objectives

i tried the radio too, because i needed to contact my HQ for new orders, but got some african talk instead (well the radio is the same for any country, its the frequencies that differ the receiver)

so i guessed this cant be a good sign (reminded me of star wars, Han Solo talks to the prison ward via radio) and left with my squad on 2 jeeps with DSK´s, trying to find the oil minister on our own, without any help from the HQ (i received no orders, as much as i tried, the group radio option added to the confusion)

but to bad that we ran into a patroling bmp, which ended our "safari" tour quite fast tounge_o.gif

the mission starts very promising, and if i knew where i could look after the camp, i would still be playing it, but i need infos first, since HQ didnt want to give me any, i thought i ask here tounge_o.gif

Raproboter - i did lol, but i guess i gotta look harder. But anyone who can help about what to do next, it would be greatful.

Ya i agree with honchoblack! Lol, ah well.

Hi,

I had the exact same trouble with the objectives not updating properly. Here's what you need to do:

* Once the camp is cleared and the laptop found, have a look round to see if you can find anything else (not essential I don't think).

* Once the time hits 0750, the Navy lifts jamming for 10 minutes. You must stand near your radio operator then check your actions menu - the SATCOM menu will appear there, with an option to update base of the situation.

All radio messages in Mamba are sent via the SATCOM menu - this appears on your personal action menu (the menu you use to reload mags etc.)

* The SATCOM menu will only appear when you stand near the radio operator, so keep him alive, and check in every now and then. Once you get the hang of this, the mission and objectives should flow along fine.

The instructions on this are not clear, at least in the English version. This is about the only criticism I have of this mission. Otherwise I think it is the mission Tonal has been waiting for since October 2003 - well done Chaos smile_o.gif

Nice things:

- The location of the mission. Nice open forest, where the AIs can easily move around and keep in formation. The little valleys and road cuttings around the area show just what a well thought-out island Tonal really is.

- The time and weather for the mission. The lack of rain and fog means you can see a good distance. It's so cool when you see a 12-man enemy patrol coming in the distance, and manage to avoid contact with them. Or get an ambush ready and ice them before they can fire a shot ghostface.gif

- The use of Mapfact buildings

- The many little features, like the Rebel radio. Anyone seen the spotter plane yet ? smile_o.gif

- Quite a lot of randomisation and alternative events.

- The silencer menu. Brilliant!

With this, Winters' A Few Good Men, Operation Icare, and now King Nothing's Revolt 1998 campaign on the way, it looks like Tonal is finally getting the great missions it needs.

Cheers,

CH

Ps. Try and keep all your men alive - you will need them for the final scramble to extraction  ghostface.gif

no wonder i couldnt use the radio options, since my radio operator got hit on the initial attack, i picked the radio up, but the action is hooked to the person, not to the radio, so i couldnt use it (i got the same problem with missions i make, i cant hook the action to the radio, instead of the radio operator, which would make more sense, since any ranger should be able to operate the radio)

if the satcom action cant be changed to the radio, it would be nice to change the events accordingly (e.g. my radio operator was dead, but after extracting the data from the laptop, the player calls for him), and maybe inform the player that he cant fullfill the mission, since he cant get in contact with HQ anymore, or let the player use the radios from the rebels, so that the mission can go on wink_o.gif

like i said above the radio is the same for any country, its the frequencies that differ the receiver (of course not considering any crypthology that the US army uses, but there should always be an alternative uncrypthed radio frequency if anything happens to the squad-radio)

All radio messages in Mamba are sent via the SATCOM menu - this appears on your personal action menu (the menu you use to reload mags etc.)

* The SATCOM menu will only appear when you stand near the radio operator, so keep him alive, and check in every now and then. Once you get the hang of this, the mission and objectives should flow along fine.

The instructions on this are not clear, at least in the English version. This is about the only criticism I have of this mission.

oh awesome, thx cornhelium!!

thats the info i was looking for!

maybe i´ll now get past the first camp with my new knowledge.

thx again! smile_o.gif

If you're as lucky as me and can aford a fast computer this mission is worth the download for the intro alone!!! Thank's to the maker's,for me it's better than watching a film or documentary on tv smile_o.gif But then again i just lurvvv OFP

@ cornhelium

Thanks !

I would have to explain problems all this on English. wink_o.gif

I hope all have fun with this mission.

But i must tell you:

- in the area you can find many "additional suprises"

- the 2nd camp can be infiltrated on "elegant wise"; so you can

avoid the heavy actions on your way to extraction

- you can extract on more than one place on the beach

- you can be extracted by Blackhawks or Littlebirds

- the dialogs may be different when you free the P.O.W.s in other order

- many, many others...

tounge_o.gif

@ExtracTioN and others

there won´t be a direct download without registration, but what is the problem with.

Registration is a short time three steps thing. You only have to choose a nickname, a password and accept our terms of condition. After that You can instant download your copy of the mission, you dont have to wait for a mail or other things.

On OFPMDB we want to use a regular and fair comment and rating tool. That why you have to register. We not use your email for something else.

Greetz

Sudden Death

- in the area you can find many "additional suprises"

I keep falling for them tounge_o.gif

Im enjoying this alot, wondering if the scripts would allow for a coop version though. Im not too good with the AI anymore...

@ExtracTioN and others

there won´t be a direct download without registration, but what is the problem with.

Registration is a short time three steps thing. You only have to choose a nickname, a password and accept our terms of condition. After that You can instant download your copy of  the mission, you dont have to wait for a mail or other things.

On OFPMDB we want to use a regular and fair comment and rating tool. That why you have to register. We not use your email for something else.

Greetz

Sudden Death

Thx Sudden Death! Ok now i'll go register then and i hope i won't get my inbox spammed  biggrin_o.gif

this missions sounds really nice, i'll have to play it  xmas_o.gif

*edit*

Btw can you make a coop version too? biggrin_o.gif

would make my friends and me happy maybe biggrin_o.gif

Hi,

Every time I try to download the editor addon I receive this message:

error 404: Datei nicht gefunden!

Das angegebene Dokument konnte auf diesem Server leider nicht gefunden werden.

I've already download the mission.

Thanks

get it here, but you will have to navigate yourself

http://www.mapfact.net/

enter either german or english language

click [ Mixed-Mapper-Pool ] ---------- Addons

there you will find the Editorupdate 102 for download wink_o.gif

Thank you for this incredible mission.

I began playing it last night and enjoyed it a lot.

The sole regret I have is that my computer is not fast enough to provide good FPS.

Guess I'll spend this evening and part of the night trying to save the Tonalese oil minister.

When can we get a link at some non-registerable site?

Can anyone upload it here ...

Upload service

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>And again also for you - I do not permit to host the mission on another site as on http://www.ofpmdb.de.vu </span>

<span style='color:red'>If you want the mission you must download it from the Mission Database</span>

blues.gif

@ rizzomeki & other players they have performance problems

Mamba works on PCs over 2GHz. But for best settings of your OFP you must read the "Mamba_F.a.Q.txt" and "Readme1st.txt" included in the archive.

greetz

Chaos