Sign in to follow this  
rainbow

Mission Editing Competition 2004 - missions

In BIS website upload link to missions finalist MEC2004.

Link

Quote[/b] ]mec1.jpg

(click the logo to visit the poll)

The poll to choose the winner of the public vote section of the competition is now active, once you have played all ten missions please visit the poll and vote for the mission which you believe should win the public vote smile_o.gif

If you run an Operation Flashpoint website please post this information, let's get as many people voting as possible to support the mission makers who have done such a great job with their missions smile_o.gif

Bug report (and considering what must be a very complex bit of scripting I'm not suprised something didn't work 100%):

Pingushooting. I grabed a tokarev (sp?), fired away for a couple of games then put it into the ammo crate. Then I bought a scorpian (very innaccurate sad_o.gif ) and tried that. Well it was hopeless so I though "I'll just go back and grab the tokarev from the crate".....so I did.

I bought some ammo for it.....but then I found I couldn't reload it. I was carrying the ammo, in fact I bought so much it said "Cannot carry any more ammo".....but still it wouldn't let me reload the gun! So I was stuck with no money and a gun I couldn't reload.

Very odd! Other than that I'm really enjoying Pingushooting, it's such a nicely made mission and I get to slap around Penguins biggrin_o.gif

I didn't ran into the same bug, but i have just tested this pingu shooting mission and i have been really surprised by the quality of it and the work behind.

Before testing it, honestly i thought that kind of joke did not deserve to be in final of such competition (having enjoyed a lot the 3 other missions i tested)

But after playing, the less i can say is that it totally deserves its place at this level of the competition.

Actually i played only 4 missions played so far , and i am greatly impressed.

The contestants are really talented, i hoped this competition would have the result to give us some high quality missions, and it has provided more than i hoped.

icon14.gif

I too have only played 3 or 4 missions So far.....

Great fun a even better editing skills. I am impressed and humbled biggrin_o.gif

Can't play Hawk In Nets... not working right. I'm trying to download HINAddons.zip, but the zip is corrupt.

Hi everybody.

I visited this forum for so long time, always as a guest. Now I finally decided to register. I already tried a couple of missions. I played Chinook Down and Morning dew, fantastic. It would be interesting to know how many dl of the top ten missions had been made. At OFPEC there's a counter and the top ten had been downloaded already more than 300 times. Not bad. biggrin_o.gif nettrucker

Can't play Hawk In Nets... not working right. I'm trying to download HINAddons.zip, but the zip is corrupt.

Try a download manager, the download link is fine, I've just downloaded it again with FlashGet and it's fine smile_o.gif

I'm having troubles with Pingushooting: whenever I select one of the playing modes with the Pingus moving "fast" from left to right and back, the Pingus can't be hit. I have fired both handguns and rifles at them, all to no avail. Does this happen to others as well?

I guess I played all modes and haven't encounter such problem (at medium difficulty). I realised that times by times there are some of them that can take more dammage, but can be beaten.

The "devil pingu mod" is truly lol biggrin_o.gif

aww, it's just not my day. I started "Everon Transport 2" but the Black OPs don't want to board my chopper after the medics got out, even if I get out and walk up to them. The mission tells me explicitly to rely on automatic savegames only, but I haven't seen any so far, so I will have to start all over again.

Then I played Swordfish, but my mates got stuck in the abandoned ammo camp right after having loaded extra ammo and weapons. I do have savegames for that one though.

I don't want to give comments yet, just trying to play all missions.

In Everon Transport I haven´t this kind of problem, maybe replay will help. Not using savegame seems to me like some kind of bad joke in the end...

*SPOILER WARNING*

You get shot down by script and you have to get from area around Durras (south) to Lamentine (east) trough enemy territory. There are not many guarding units, so running trough forrests would secure you enough... well if you try to assault some base to get vehicle - there are quite good scripted and nasty reinforcements. But the run is very, very long (and you can use only 2x speed). Since I got to demilitarised zone, i headed directly to Lamentine, put weight to shift (running) and went to get something to drink. As I got some water I heard a bang. So I returned to PC an saw some kind of minefield.

At second time I was cautious about running to minefield again, but suddenly I heard a bang - some BMP suddenly appeared just behind me (in US territory), shot me and then as the camera turned to it it exploded. I believe it was sctripted, because I didn´t hear any typical BMP noise (you hear it houndreds meters when its moving).

Than I told to me I spent too much time just running from forrest to forrest. That marathon is enough just playnig it once.

I wonder If someone finished it and so can tell me if ariving to Lamentine is all or if I did something wrong. I even tried to shorten the way trying to get as far as I can in chopper, but its scripted to kill you.

Bug report (and considering what must be a very complex bit of scripting I'm not suprised something didn't work 100%):

Pingushooting. I grabed a tokarev (sp?), fired away for a couple of games then put it into the ammo crate. Then I bought a scorpian (very innaccurate sad_o.gif ) and tried that. Well it was hopeless so I though "I'll just go back and grab the tokarev from the crate".....so I did.

I bought some ammo for it.....but then I found I couldn't reload it. I was carrying the ammo, in fact I bought so much it said "Cannot carry any more ammo".....but still it wouldn't let me reload the gun! So I was stuck with no money and a gun I couldn't reload.

Very odd! Other than that I'm really enjoying Pingushooting, it's such a nicely made mission and I get to slap around Penguins biggrin_o.gif

Try pressing space, or what ever button it is to change fire mode (been while since i played OFP still stalk to forums though tounge_o.gif ) any way if its the weapon i think your on about it has 2 different types of ammo for both the fire modes. so try changing modes and then reload. It is that double barrel shotgun thing isnt it? one mode shoots 1 bullet the other shoots mulitple bullets, like a shot gun.

any way hope that helps

Cheers,

Murphy xmas_o.gif

It is possible to look at missions, which have not come in ten finalists! Is it possible? Thanks!

Some/All of the non-finalist missions will be released once the competition is over smile_o.gif

placebo

This is COOL!  smile_o.gif Thank you very much for answer!    smile_o.gif

AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYBODY!!! xmas_o.gif

Hi everybody.

Is there any chance to know by now, how many times the MEC zip has been dl or is it impossible to get this information.

nettrucker

first off: great looking missions so far.

pingushooter: awesome scripting idea. don't give up, the 15grand is not hard to come by once you have an m21 and the extended zone (stay at HS2). I also had an ammo bug with this one tho. My way around was to drop any leftover magazines after each game, then purchase fresh new mags before the start of new games. Never had an issue with the ammocrate eating stuff though. That mission (or set of missions) was a blast to play.

everon drop 2 (or something): I had fun with this right up until marathon time. Ejected once, ran up the west coast (nice touch with the "cars" btw, damn that pissed me off, heheh)  anyhoo, up into the lil camp to steal a jeep.. dead.

Next time thru, landed, self-destructed near the coast, then ran north to where i dropped the SF guys. I think the trigger to leaving that area re-set or something (maybe kill it after it plays once) cuz I got the same "oh no, takin fire, losin fuel" thing, except I was on foot. I also would love to hear from someone who completed this... my feet are sore from runnin.

;)

Swordfish was a fun one, took a while to beat. The other non-addon required ones were really neat too.

Still gotta play the rest.

I'm amazed by the imaginative ways this engine is used.

Great submissions!

cheers.

(happy 05)

Not surprised Hawk in Nets was on the top ten list, I've been playing that mission many times since it came out last year, its amazing! probably the best ;)

Deleted the names on request, sorry about that ;)

Hi everybody.

I was a little bit surprised that only 142 Missions been sent to the MEC. I thought there would have been plenty more entries. I mean the OFP community is really huge, a lot of people are members of various OFP sites and forums. Seems that lots of folks are concentrating more on Addon making rather than missions. smile_o.gif Nevertheless it must have been helluva work to play and judge 142 missions to release a top ten. I saw already that someone mentioned the nick of one of the finalists and this is not very fair towards all the other finalists. I mean this couldn't be avoided as HIN was already published on various sites, if I'm not wrong, so everybody who dl it knew already who the author was. If in future there'll be another MEC, only unreleased missions should be sent to avoid such a thing to happen. blues.gif nettrucker

I guess its not such a problem since there are not many missions that are totaly unknown (for example - SWORDFISH 3, ET - there must have been SF1,2;ET1 - so a some people can guess quite well who is the author).

If someone want to track it he have easily the info he want, even if the mission is absolutely new but keeps name or other special mark of serie etc.

I think it simply can´t be helped, so its on people to vote their true mind, not a friend or so (guess they are to few to make someone win  tounge_o.gif  ).

I guess (and hope) that most of people who played SF2 or ET or some of Hawk´s will rather vote the best then just the one they played before (note that there is not so much new (and surprising) for them in remakes as for new players).

Thanks for deleting identities, i think all authors are happy for that  wink_o.gif

MEC 2004 - Public Vote Poll Live!

mec1.jpg

(click the logo to visit the poll)

The poll to choose the winner of the public vote section of the competition is now active, once you have played all ten missions please visit the poll and vote for the mission which you believe should win the public vote smile_o.gif

If you run an Operation Flashpoint website please post this information, let's get as many people voting as possible to support the mission makers who have done such a great job with their missions smile_o.gif

EDIT: I will be on vacation from 3pm CET today until Monday 17th January.