Sign in to follow this  
rainbow

Mission Editing Competition 2004 - missions

Poll closes February 14th so if you haven't tried the missions yet don't forget to do so and then vote smile_o.gif

SPOILER FOR VOLCANO MISSION

Ok so there are zombies. Can they be killed? I hit them bullets and nothing. I don't know if they are getting hit in the head or not. So do head shots kill them? Do they have armour? I know a satchel does not work.

Also I don't know if it as RAM issue but it seems that sometimes they jump locations. For instance they are 30m away and then all of the sudden they are ontop of me.

On a side note I think that they should be killed by hitting them with a truck!

rock.gifrock.gif

errrrr...zombies...hmm...helloooo?

Zombies got no gun...how fun would it be if they died after 1 shot to the head and couldn't warp 30 m? Would be as fun as to play the mission without any enemies...zombies and other undead creatures have the ability to soak damage, i.e they can take a lot more than humans...

I've played the mission a few times, and yes...they do die...

I think they should get one of the two abilities they have not both. Either they can warp 30m or they can take lots of damage to the head. Are they supposed to warp anyway or don't I have enough memory.

My basic strategy for this mission has been run to jeep get in jeep if the rest of the squad gets in great. If not they are all dead anyway. Drive to next waypoint. Save a guy there if I can. If not, drive to next waypoint and hope I have enough gas. At this point I usually die.

Any other good zombie style missions?

this person is referring to one of the MEC (Mission editing Competition) missions.

I think the zombies in there could only be killed by RPG or by machine gun fire. why bother: just jump in your truck and smash them over. good & original setting, medium gameplay. I didn't finish the mission, because when you halt they even crawl onto the truck to eat you alive.

for those who love the genre: the mission doesn't use addons in order to simulate zombies. I think that is fair: there's way too many addons that could simply be scripts.

lol the first time i played that mission i saw a woman nunning towards me throught the mist so i got out to help her. I got to her and she attacked me! tounge_o.gif great mission

There's a thread in UM for discussing MEC Missions, I'll merge this into there.....

OK I am trying to play the MEC's winner mission "Hawk in Nets"

but I need some help because I'm very dumb

where do I have to sneak into the compound to disconnect the electricity?

left or right from the mission's starting position?

in other words, how do I get past these guards:

HIN.jpg

crawling behind the guard doesn't work. I can't shoot them right? because both shooting from afar as well as sneaking up to their position and killing with handgun triggers the alarm & once the alarm goes off, the mission ends

please help me

common guys, back me up, I'm out there with a bunch of really creepy guards sad_o.gif

somebody must have played this mission, right, since it has won the Mission Editing Competition?

do I have to sneak up the guards and kill them with knife or gunstroke (as the briefing notes suggest) or do I have to sneak past the guards (which seems impossible too)

can somebody explain what trajectory he or she did follow. I already understood that you have to enter the compound at

the wooden shed

You shoul listen to Spider's plan more carefuly. He suggests you to aproach from east side (there is garage) and then go trough whole garden to get to your objective. (Of course I wanted player to go trough longer way, so its impossible from main entrance.

OK but please clarify: Spider says that I can use the rocks for cover but guard x2 (see my drawing) is looking in my direction and always detects me. do I have to kill some guards or not?

++++++++++++fence+++++++++++++++++++++

\ ME<-------------Cobrawaiting

x2 garage woodshed

x1

x3 /

/

-----------------------------------x4moving

x5moving-----------------------------

please give me some hint, I have been trying for hours to test the limits of the guards' awaraness and it is not much fun anymore

I´ll PM. Anyway, if another player would like to discuss plans, please enter munchstudios.wz.cz web and search for supprt/support guestbook. If we miss it (mean we wont react quickly enough), you can post email request to:

munchstudios(a)centrum.cz

((a) means @)

First you have to try to hit the guards with socom before you enter the garden. You have to shoot the right order of guards so the others don't see one of their mates were hit. Then it is really easy to crawl to house and to electric box. In the house is the hacker who can see you when you are walking up. In top of the house is Untouchable's personal guard (I came in the house, hehe).

Well it was more meant to hide bodies, then just shoot everyone in right order. With knife, its a must, but can be done.

Quote[/b] ]SPOILER FOR VOLCANO MISSION

Ok so there are zombies. Can they be killed? I hit them bullets and nothing. I don't know if they are getting hit in the head or not. So do head shots kill them? Do they have armour? I know a satchel does not work.

Also I don't know if it as RAM issue but it seems that sometimes they jump locations. For instance they are 30m away and then all of the sudden they are ontop of me.

On a side note I think that they should be killed by hitting them with a truck!

By now I think I can try to clear up some of these questions.

Headshots have the same effect as hitting anywhere else. The zombies do have a 'sort of a armor'. There's a script that keeps counting hits to them and then depending on which starting parameter you chose in MP lobby, they will die from a random+setting amount of hits.

The jumping issue must be because of your low RAM or whatever. The zombies are ment to jump from 1-3 meters away from you, but certainly not from 30 meters!

It's a bit from complex to impossible to detect when a unit has been hit with a truck. In this case, hitting a zombie with a truck has the same effect as shooting a bullet into him/her.

Quote[/b] ]I think they should get one of the two abilities they have not both. Either they can warp 30m or they can take lots of damage to the head. Are they supposed to warp anyway or don't I have enough memory.

I think detecting a headshot requires some addon level scripting, so I was not able to implement it.

Quote[/b] ]I think the zombies in there could only be killed by RPG or by machine gun fire.

Because I didn't want to use eventhandlers to detect a hit (afraid of the cpu strain), I was unable to determine which weapon made the hit. A .22 caliber pistol, or any weapon really, has the same effect on these 'zombies' as a RPG rocket.

Sorry about that. When you've got a couple of dozen of these zombies running around, all of them with fast looping scripts, eventhandlers for everyone was something that really couldn't be afforted.

If one guy somewhere has started thinking that something could be done with scripts instead of addons, then my work here is done.

My efforts to demonstrate the power of scripts, that you can even create a crappy volcano with them, has seem to gone to waste though, because shortly after the MEC release this guy Serial Killer started to build a volcano addon as a editor object that you could place anywhere. biggrin_o.gif

Ist the MEC Missions 2004 Pack still online? I cant find a working link.

edit: i found on my hdd