Sign in to follow this  
zayfod

ECP 1.075...The countdown begins.

Quote[/b] ]Me and Zay have spent the last months studying and re-writting the ECP core so that we could solve the CTD issue and have a much better performance on our PC's. I must say that we don't have Godlike machines - 900MHz and 400MHz ain't.

so ur saying it would work on a pent 3, Nvidia Riva TNT 2,

500mhz, 320 mb Ram lol tounge_o.gif

I have P3 1100, 192mb RAM, GeForce4mx ( mad_o.gifcrazy_o.gif ) and playing on highest ECP settings. smile_o.gif

guess what i would want.. the vid and core to be released at same time or maybe 10min before lol..

anyways theres a lot of people counting on you guys.. biggrin_o.gif i cant wait.. and when you say the operining thred been updated i cant see anything new that you have added :/

Real radio chatter while in armor / aircraft?

*Sigh* Kinda gives ya that warm and fuzzy feeling as the GAU-8 rounds make perf expanded metal out of a tank..  tounge_o.gif

(you DO realize this is like dangling a T-bone steak in front of caged wolves, right?) biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I have P3 1100, 192mb RAM, GeForce4mx (    ) and playing on highest ECP settings.  

lol u have a better graphics card and a faster clock speed... but ill take your word for it .. and a rough indication of the size of this mod would be great  wink_o.gif

Radio Chatter:

Good idea, altough I already see new ECP being 20+ MB sad_o.gif

I bet 56k'ers like me ain't gonna be happy wink_o.gif

Radio Chatter:

Good idea, altough I already see new ECP being 20+ MB sad_o.gif

I bet 56k'ers like me ain't gonna be happy wink_o.gif

Sometime , reading not only the first and the last page of a thread can aswer lot of questions

Roughly 2.6MB without DSAI and comm-chatter sounds.

Roughly 160MB (unpacked) with all the bells and whistles enabled including DR. Approx 80MB RAR'ed.

You do want everything on though wink_o.gif

DR-files are unchanged so you can use the ones you already have.

I have'nt tried the INQs so I would'nt know if they are changed or not, but I would assume they're not changed either.

2.6mb for the default 1.075 ECP sounds very 56K friendly

man 2.6 mb for the mod sounds like nothing biggrin_o.gif

i make missions sometimes that are twice that size but sometimes it took more time fixing perfect sounds and music then making the mission tounge_o.gif

very nice feature with the radio chatter unclesam.gif

hope you can put some radio chatter in russian in the russian vehicles wink_o.gif I like the ecp mod and i would probably be downloading it if it was 200 mb too crazy_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Oh how harsh accusation Sanctuary, I've been reading this thread from page one tounge_o.gif

But ECP isn't ECP is you aint got it all, i forgot about that post sad_o.gif

I just hope my Cable connection arrives brefore (or shortly after) ECP release.

Now I'm wondering will there be an version for those who already have DR so that they don't have to download it again rock.gif

Quote[/b] ]

Edit:

I got carried away : Confidential information was here! unclesam.gif

Wow, I can't wait for this mod to be released! smile_o.gif The radio-chatter is an awesome idea, btw! I hope there will be plenty of different samples.

Quote[/b] ]

Edit:

I got carried away : Confidential information was here! unclesam.gif

Ha ha ha, i saw it before you edited. biggrin_o.gif

That will be really awesome in some missions icon14.gif

I guess it will be a part of the next Zayfod update on his 1st post smile_o.gif

I saw that too. biggrin_o.gif It will really improve the athmosphere in missions. Can't wait to see it in action. (Don't worry your secret's save with me wink_o.gif )

Definitely. It makes me look forward to ECP even more now.

When this thread was first posted, the idea was days. It's been a couple weeks. What's going on? Is there any time frame?

When this thread was first posted, the idea was days. It's been a couple weeks. What's going on? Is there any time frame?

A few things came up, nothing truly major, but enough to delay it a little more. We want to release a well made, bug free package that holds up to your expectations. smile_o.gif

I know you heard this before but, take your time, get it right, and then release. A great mod is worth waiting for.

Yes that is true but there is an sacred tradition in OFP community:

Never-ever-ever give an release date. As you can see everyone is now complaining about that "days" section. Now only thing I regret is that I logged off few minutes brefore that post was made wink_o.gif

I bet it was something interesting, anyone willing to share do PM me.

A few things came up, nothing truly major, but enough to delay it a little more.  We want to release a well made, bug free package that holds up to your expectations.  smile_o.gif

Are you talking about a new delay?

Stupid question but what is the shortcut to get the mod to work? I look at the readme's but I don't see anything.