Sign in to follow this  
Cpt. FrostBite

JOHN's Winter island! (ardennes pack)

John has released alpha versions of his winter WW2 addons. From the readme;

Quote[/b] ]this pack contains Addons only for Ofp Flashpoint Resistance.

Johns_Ardennes.pbo status:alpha

Johns_Ardenneslow.pbo status:alpha

Johns_Objects.pbo status:alpha

Johns_Grund.pbo status:beta

Johns_88.pbo status:beta

Johns_Nw41.pbo status:beta

Skats_FOYBridge.pbo status:beta

(...)

Hi everybody.

now the time has come,for my small Ardennes pack,without Tiger2 for the moment.

This is the first release and my first map too,so there can be bugs in.

knowing bugs: the trees are not 100% bugfree some colision and texture problems are still in.

the roads needs to reworked (the curves-special).

the gras lags on Slow pc systems.

the FLAK 36 _-_-_-is not 100% complete (the gunner cant be shot directly and the flak needs a new damage model):

THE NEBELWERFER-_-_-_the same as the Flak36 and the smoke script doesnt run when using the ..manact..action,dont know why but im onit.

but all in all this are harmles bugs, this pack is really playble.

For slow Pc´s ive made a Johns_ardenneslow version only without gras.

This pack does not represent the 100% final qualitiy.

The Flak36 and the Nebelwerfer models comes orginal from Mohaa but heavy reworked from me.

(...)

have fun with this small map and addons,many hours work and im never finish.

-This map is the first of new maps and addons for newer projects during the ardennes-

keep cool the Tiger 2 is in progres,

John

Look at the download section of his site (www.ofp.info/john) or click the direct link below;

John's ardennes pack Alpha release

Haven't tried it out, so I can't say anything about the quality, but I'm sure it's very good.

Have fun! xmas_o.gif

On his site John states you need Kegetys winter Everon..

I cant find it anywhere , any links ?

On his site John states you need Kegetys winter Everon..

I cant find it anywhere , any links ?

this is a nice pack which includes the island;

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=7488

I think it needs nogojev and not everon, btw. But I'm not sure. I have nogojev, but not w-everon and it works fine.

Thanks  smile_o.gif

Had my eye on this Island for a while , it looks quite special .

Looks awesome, the model for both 88 and Nebelwerfer look very good, and AI seems to handle them well, especially the 88s against aircraft smile_o.gif I did some testing and overall this is a good alpha/beta release. The one problem I keep having is no unit wants to go into the unit via editor, sometimes if I order one to go into one of the weapons as either commander or gunner it works, but there's times when the units just stand still and do nothing. Pretty good besides the few problems mentioned, I look forward to the King Tiger II, the Ardennes is empty without it sad_o.gif Good job John!

I can't wait to see the great screenshots you guys like Mr. Burns and ThirtyG can make with this baby biggrin_o.gif! Downloading...

Just downloaded it and have to say that it really looks awsome.. if you get it work.

I found some rather small issues while playing with this island:

First of all, the installer was in german atleast for me. As I don't really understad a word except "Himmel - dive" or "Achtung" it was a bit - dare I say - annoying to use the installation programme. Luckily it wasn't so hard so I managed to get it work.

After that I tried it ingame. Running FDFMOD I get this message whole time and entering the island causes this message.

First I tried running the normal version, but all I got was this: strange lods and even more strange clipping issues (last pics taken after walking few steps forward)

If I used the island with my normal settings, Visual quality drawn to top and viewdistance in 1000m, the island was unplayable. Then I added some fog (Slider to ~80% far-right at editor) and I manged to get avarage over 10 FPS. I'm running island on 2600+ Athlon XP, 512mb RAM and GF4 Ti4200. Resolution is 1024*768 and no AA or anything. Texturesettings all reduced to 1024 resolution. Nogova and East Border runs smoothly with 50-80 fps.

But even adding for didn't help me with that another issue, clipping. Still had something like this.

Tried also that LOW-island with a bit better FPS but no help with vanishing trees and objects and 3-5s freezings when those objects came visible (Mostly the bigger trees and forests).

Also noticed some strange trees out there, first they are normal and after the forest clipped visible they looked like this

Plus I found that you can't shoot trought barbered wire fence.

This was all after my first test, I'll might try another if you manage to do something for those disappearing objects.

Installer... crazy_o.gif

I still like it a lot, even though it's just alpha. Foy brings Call of Duty to mind and feels very real... smile_o.gif

Achtung !!  biggrin_o.gif  

always comes in handy to know a few german words  tounge_o.gif

downloaded and looking forward to trying it later today/night .

It looks very good, but I get the same error messages MikkoFin mentioned. That crazy Lod nearly gave me a heartattack when I flew low over the woods and suddenly these big trees appeared in front of me crazy_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Guess I'll have to try it with lower settings.

Ah, for everyone who doesn't like Installers, install WinRar if you haven't already, make a rightclick on the file and choose "Open with WinRar"

Achtung !! biggrin_o.gif

always comes in handy to know a few german words tounge_o.gif

downloaded and looking forward to trying it later today/night .

Warnung! Warnung! biggrin_o.gif

I hope my poor PC gonna handle this beauty. wink_o.gif

I get the same error messages MikkoFin mentioned smile_o.gif

Yep, me too. Eventhandler Scope.

The Isand is awesome! Really fantastic! Also the Flak and "Nebelwerfer". Really nice. Only the reload-time od the Nebelwerfer is a little bit too short.

But anyway, great work!

MfG MEDICUS xmas_o.gif

ofp.info pic

I don't have a bridge there wow_o.gif

i do, are you sure you placed all the PBOs in ur addons folder? rock.gif

anyways, too bad that the AI wont cross that bridge... sad_o.gif

anyways, too bad that the AI wont cross that bridge... sad_o.gif

Non AI can't do either, the roadway LOD is a bit misplaced sad_o.gif

ofp.info pic

I don't have a bridge there wow_o.gif

I do  ,but the AI driving my APC decided to try the ice crossing instead ... baaad move , the ice flipped on its side and the APC ended upside down .. after some crazy stunts  biggrin_o.gif  try it

*edit* I also get pop up due to the viewgeometry LODs and vast lag from the grass or trees .

my system Athlon 2000

FX5700

1 gb ram

and some other stuff

Amazing textures and good models (apart from all the mentioned bugs).

You should use canOcclude=0 property on all your tree (and fence) models.

The bridge, as mentioned before, is pretty much useless.

Wire fences are bulletproof... rock.gif

This is an excellent map. I have a fairly crappy video card, so I thought "no way this is running on my system." I was actually quiet suprised, for with the exception of the large grass area everything on this map runs well. Foy is especially well-designed, not to mentino there are a ton of awesome details (ice near the river, etc.) My only real issue with this map aside from the stated trees and LODs problems, is the forests. The distant lods look great, but when you go inside it feels like you are in a forest clearing, not the actual forest itself. I would recommend maybe changing the forest tree model to be lower poly and maybe putting in tons of trees in there so it gets a "forest" feel to it.

wow, nice.

this looks pretty the same as real ^^

Photo from the front:

(Just a quick one I ruseled up)  biggrin_o.gif

foy7gq.th.jpg

Great island, you got to love it ofcourse. I would second that about those forests aswell. Does anyone have any idea what those error messages mean? Cuase I get them too, not running FDF at the time.