Sign in to follow this  
-Ash-

Falklands Mod Westland Lynx AH 1 (TOW) BETA

Christmas comes early in the Falkland Islands!

No.. You don't need to rub your eyes, we've decided to give you all an early Christmas present in the shape of a wonderful TOW version of the British Army Westland Lynx helicopter. biggrin_o.gif

lynx1s.jpg

lynx2s.jpg

This beta variant of the Lynx is based on the British Army of the Rhine (BAOR) Lynx AH1 which was used as an anti-tank helicopter protecting West Germany against Soviet forces during the Cold War.

The addon comes armed with 8 TOW rockets and is packed full of neat features such as smoke which is effected by the rotor downwash, fully animated doors with custom sounds, damage features, authentic Lynx sounds and more!!

Included are 2 great missions to demonstrate the Lynx in action.

Pop over to our download section at 1982:Flashpoint in the Falklands

To compliment this addon, we highly advise getting Project UKF's DPM pack

Merry Christmas from all of the team and we hope you all enjoy the Lynx biggrin_o.gif

Best. Helicopter. Ever. Now excuse me while I shove all my other OFP chopper addons into the recycle bin biggrin_o.gif

An absolutely sex-tabulous addon.

Fantastic work lads, nicely done...

Bar one thing.

All Lynx (with the exception of the newest export models) have a one-piece titanium rotorhead, and re-enforced rotor blades. Thus, the wonderful rotor droop you've modeled on this beaut is wrong sad_o.gif

See pics:

Lynx_AH.1_XZ215.jpg

[ig]http://www.airshows.org.uk/2003/airshows/riat/ukforces/rn_lynx_ah7_1.jpg[/img]>100kb

XZ720_4.JPG

Its this feature that makes it the only helicopter in the world (or at least it was) that can perform a real, proper loop-the-loop.

Other than that, fan-fucking-tastic work. The Lynx is my all time faveourite Brit helicopter, so rest assured that this will be a permanent fixture in my addon folder... until the full version is out of course. wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Bloody 'ell...... crazy_o.gif

Been away from the forums one day, and suddenly this beaut is released wow_o.gif

Outstanding work Falklands team. About time the Brits got a decent attack chopper.

Can't wait to take it home and wreck havoc on those Sovjet tank formations tounge_o.gif

this chopper kix ass! had lots of fun flying it, i really like the characteristical sound of the engine..it has a nice voice sotosay biggrin_o.gif

An absolutely sex-tabulous addon.

Fantastic work lads, nicely done...

Bar one thing.

All Lynx (with the exception of the newest export models) have a one-piece titanium rotorhead, and re-enforced rotor blades. Thus, the wonderful rotor droop you've modeled on this beaut is wrong sad_o.gif

Hiya Deadmeat

Thanks for pointing this out. seems i got a bit over zealous when dragging vertexes.. biggrin_o.gif  Ah well 'tis only beta so will have it fixed soon .

Cheers

Klink

Thanks to all those guys at the Falklands Mod.

I have a mate joining the AAC who'll love this.

Good work guys! Already marked as an essential download for RAAB members wink_o.gif

Excellent addon.

except for a few parts here and there, the normals are good on the overall (this would however be nice if some would be fixed like on the rotor, and a a few details)

this helicopter flies quite well, good manoeuverability smile_o.gif

nice sound and textures.

a small detail, and i know it's only a beta, but the crew looks like it's a bit low in the cockpit. move the seats up a bit they can't see sh*t ;)

PS: as it looks like it would not require a lot of time to fix the normals, if you can provide me with a mlod version i can quickly fix them for you. (just in case)

@ Dec. 08 2004,22:56)]PS: as it looks like it would not require a lot of time to fix the normals, if you can provide me with a mlod version i can quickly fix them for you. (just in case)

We have a very nice saying in England...

On your bike wink_o.giftounge_o.gif

@lupus; odolexplorer 2.0

VERY nice addon smile_o.gif

Too bad one of the real ones has just crashed into sea. Don't know of any casualties sad_o.gif

I sure hope they can find those guys. Not the best time to get lost at sea; the temp of the water is not very high.

Too bad one of the real ones has just crashed into sea. Don't know of any casualties  sad_o.gif  

I sure hope they can find those guys. Not the best time to get lost at sea; the temp of the water is not very high.

Not quite...The one lost today was a naval Lynx. Still, RIP to those who lost their life sad_o.gif

@ Lupus[WD]

Quote[/b] ]a small detail, and i know it's only a beta, but the crew looks like it's a bit low in the cockpit. move the seats up a bit they can't see sh*t ;)

Yeah was a thing that I had meant to fix.. next beta perhaps. Same with the normals. Sometimes ya gotta just keep fiddling with them to get them right. I got other things to do rather than worry about small details like that. Besides, its just a model.. for a game. life is not dependent upon it.. I dont think biggrin_o.gif

@ Dec. 08 2004,23:12)]
@ Dec. 08 2004,22:56)]PS: as it looks like it would not require a lot of time to fix the normals, if you can provide me with a mlod version i can quickly fix them for you. (just in case)

We have a very nice saying in England...

On your bike wink_o.giftounge_o.gif

We have a nice saying in French : "monte lŕ-dessus tu verras Montmartre !"

I was only willing to help, now, scr*w you mate, i personally dont give a sh*t ! Is this proper nice english saying too ?

@lupus; odolexplorer 2.0

Unfortunately odolexplorer completely destroys the normal settings (sharp/smooth), which means that it would require a complete re-polish of the normals. This isnt worth it.

Lupus, were completley able to do our own work, this addon was released as a beta, hence it wont be perfect or bug free

@ Dec. 08 2004,23:40)]
Quote[/b] ]We have a nice saying in French : "monte lŕ-dessus tu verras Montmartre !"

I was only willing to help, now, scr*w you mate, i personally dont give a sh*t ! Is this proper nice english saying too ?

Without this turning into an argument, perhaps you should have looked the 2 smilies next to my line..

wink_o.giftounge_o.gif

They serve a purpose you know so you don't take it as as seriously as you have done.. Take a chill pill. xmas_o.gif

I don't think a lot of people understand the word beta in all honesty...