Sign in to follow this  
SpeedyDonkey

The Christmas/New Year Topic

I changed 360°!

I now work in a company that rates closed ended funds and open ended funds (and other connected businesses). We are doing this mainly for banks and investment advisories. I now work in Advisory which is simillar to Marketing. I get in contact with banks and make them buy a license for our plattform. It is fun since it is a strong company on the market but we are all young as hell. I got into that business because I already had contacts with hotel investment companies.

I changed from the Hotel Industry since I had the impression they do not give us the career opportunities we deserve. We are constantly told that hard work, diligence and modesty will pave our way but in the end not the learning process counts but simply the time you work in a hotel.

Now I am given somehow more attention. The company actively tries to motivate me and to keep me. They pay this and that and I am able to speed up my career myself.

I know the hotel industry and I realy loved it. I loved my studies in Lausanne and I loved travelling. Not to mention the fact that most people in the industry are realy realy nice characters.

But the environment has changed.

Even in 5star plus you only meet newrich and badmannered people. Ofter the lowest employee shows a better behaviour than the person having booked the king-suite. I was fed up working for newrich russians, white socks americans, arrogant french and unintelligent germans. The whole image I had of top hotels suddenly vanished.

Also, the industry is very old fashioned. Organisational structures, managemnt practices and logistics can hardly be improved because most chains are stingy as hell. Not surprising that McDonalds succeeded just by standardising some processes...

There is too much running through my mind when talking about this ... I guess it all sounds a bit confused. So let me put it this way, I now have the impression I can better organise what I work with and dont depend on what I am given.

Family hotels is a totally different story. They are more focused on quality and reputation than on quick revenue. And they depend on their reputation and not on the central reservation system of a chain. You should call yourself lucky!

'Twas the night before Christmas, Da whole house was mella,

Not a creature was stirrin', Cuz I had a gun unda da pilla.

When up on da roof I heard somethin' pound, I sprung to da

window, To scream, "YO! Keep it down!"

When what to my Wanderin' eyes should appear, But da Don of

all elfs, And eight friggin' reindeer!

Wit' slicked back black hair, And a silk red suit, don

Christopher wuz here, And he brought da loot!

Wit' a slap to dare snouts, And a yank on dare manes, He

cursed and he shouted, And he called dem by name.

"Yo Tony, Yo Frankie, Yo Vinny, Yo Vito, Ay Joey, Ay Paulie,

Ay Pepe, Ay Guido!"

As I drew out my gun And hid by da bed, He flew troo da

winda And slapped me 'side da head.

"What da hell you doin' Pullin' a gun on da Don? Now all

you're gettin' is coal, You friggin' moron!"

Den pointin' a fat finga Right unda my nose, He twisted his

pinky ring, And up da chimney he rose.

He sprang to his sleigh, Obscenities screamin', Away dey all

flew, Before he troo dem a beatin'.

Den I heard him yell out, What I did least expect, "Merry

Friggin' Christmas to all, And yous better show some

respect!"

xmas_o.gif

I have a suggestion! Most of us have traditional food specific for the country you live in at christmas eve! Why not take a picture of the gastronomic delicacies and post it here with a short description of what it consists of?

Spare a thought for those whose birthday falls on December 25th...such luminaries as Lemmy (from Motorhead), and me! tounge_o.gifxmas_o.gif

Spare a thought for those whose birthday falls on December 25th...such luminaries as Lemmy (from Motorhead), and me! tounge_o.gifxmas_o.gif

Your birthday is on the 25th? wow_o.gif Happy Birthday AND Merry Christmas. Too bad...you only get one gift for both occasions. tounge_o.gif

Hah, I was thrown out of Religious Education at school once because I said that Christmas was a celebration of Lemmy's birth. Christians have no sense of humour wink_o.gif

Hah, I was thrown out of Religious Education at school once because I said that Christmas was a celebration of Lemmy's birth. Christians have no sense of humour wink_o.gif

Same here. I farted during prayer and they kicked me out. I couldnt help. It was in the morning and I haddnt gone to the bathroom.

Who here baked Christmas cookies this year?

I made 4 different kinds so far, probably will make 2 more tonight.

I've made so far:<ul>

[*]Dried Cranberry Orange cookies

[*]Cranberry Orange Walnut cookies

[*]Orange and bitter sweet chocolate biscotti

[*]Cherry Rum Balls

Who here baked Christmas cookies this year?

I made 4 different kinds so far, probably will make 2 more tonight.

I've made so far:<ul>

[*]Dried Cranberry Orange cookies

[*]Cranberry Orange Walnut cookies

[*]Orange and bitter sweet chocolate biscotti

[*]Cherry Rum Balls

I haven't baked a thing, thats up to mom to do biggrin_o.giftounge_o.gif

xmas_o.gifxmas_o.gifxmas_o.gif

I've not baked or cooked a thing as nobody in my family trusts me in the kitchen. I have been constantly toasted though biggrin_o.gif

To make matters worse, Coca-Cola has kidnapped Christmas over a century ago with its fat, red-clad bastard and has been holding it hostage ever since.

Yeah. But Pepsi is still better.  tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Is my misanthropy showing?

Nothing to be ashamed of. wink_o.gif

I've put in my orders for Christmas -

The new Danzig CD

Risk Deluxe boardgame

Evanescence CD/DVD pack

Firefly DVD

Johnny Walker black label

...how many of these (if any) that I actually get is another story  tounge_o.gifxmas_o.gif

I was fortunate enough to get to decide christmas gift from my girlfriend:

Ardbeg 10 Year Old

ardberg10.gif

I just started doing the christmas ham.. 3.5kg so I guess I have pretty much ham to eat this x-mas.

I am also doing a Finnish dish called porkkanalaatikko.. It's mashed carrots mixed with rice pudding and some cream. Then you put it into a baking form and top it with breadcrumbs and a few pats of butter and put into the oven.

I already got a gift from a friend who is going away for the x-mas.

absolut.jpg

this year ill most likely get: 4 pairs of St.Michaels black wool socks (i only use black socks), thats all i ever get as Xmas gift, and to be honest i am running low on socks, so im really looking forward to Xmas xmas_o.gif

I cant say on this forum what ill buy my girlfriend for Xmas, ill be banned for life biggrin_o.gif

On the other hand ill cook this:

bacalhau-gomes-sa.jpg

Bacalhau á gomes de sá...Codfish cooked in the oven with potatoes, egs, lots of onions, garlic and parsley, all drowned in olive oil, delicious.

Got some alcohol from my secret santa at work...

stella.jpg

biggrin_o.gif

It's not Christmas anywhere yet crazy_o.gif....oh wait, it is Christmas Eve, but thats a fake day. Christmas is the only day that really counts tounge_o.gif.