Sign in to follow this  
newiy

Generic OPFOR BETA 1

I agree with Canadian Terror - please try to phrase your criticisms/suggestions in a polite and constructive manner.

IMHO, this pack is brilliant, despite having a few potential bugs - lets not discourage an obviously talented addon maker with disparaging remarks.  wink_o.gif

And I agree overall, I do not want this pack to be reworked from scratch. However, I am still at a loss as to why my game refuses to accept these add-ons.

I wil try again sometime this week when I'm not studying.

this was his first addon and he was learning as he was going.

his first addon ?

For a first addon, this is simply a superb work. icon14.gif

I am looking forward to future productions from Newiy

Ya really nice work for your first addon. xmas_o.gif

These are possibly one of the most multi use addons ive come across, now no more fobbing people off with "criminals who just happen to have russian weapons and kit" excuse for a storyline

These units have become an essential for me. From terrorist OPFOR in Mid-East missions to civilian survivalists in zombie missions, these guys serve the role perfectly. IMHO they fill a huge gap in the range of OFP addons.

Once again, great work newiy. I'm looking forward to whatever you do next.

how about adding a general woodland camoed unit with weapons like H&K G3 and such more "western" weapons (i know there are units with M16) to make a semi modern, west supported (or previously west supported) guerilla/contractors/resistance/terrorist looking unit..

preferably with rolled down sleeves..

and maybe some sort of winter unit smile_o.gif

although the OD green works ok..

maybe even making a ww2 Partisan fraction? with weapons from WW2EC or Invasion44?

we need some more gerneral OPFOR (since most wars/fights ara aginst some sort of local militia/guerilla type of unit..

You know what else would be good to go with these troops? Some "generic" vehicles, like civillian pickup trucks with .50 caliber machine guns, or 90mm AT cannons bolted in the back. Or maybe some police crusiers with the tops cut off, and a light MG (like a PK or M60) attached. Or maybe some reworked millitary or SWAT vehicles.

I mean, units as cool as these, need something to go with them ya' know. In fact I'd make them myself, but don't know the first thing about making OFP addons.

I'd really love to use these units,

but my OFP simply does not accept them. I've tried putting them in every addon folder(even created a new folder for it) and played around with other .pbo's location. Nothing works. I have all of the mentioned add-ons in this thread, but it refuses.

Sad, really. I always wanted a generic OPfor. sad_o.gif

Have fun guys.

I was doing some textures for some OPFOR Vehicles, moustly retextured BIS stuff and some cool addons that I was working on to see how I get on before I ask for permission, but because RL is a big B#####d, and my pc is playing me up, I'm gonna have to wait until I sort out my RL problems to get back in gear.

About this addon.

I personally think that one thing that let this addon down is the dependency on other addons.

An addon of this tipe deserves autonomy and independence from other addons.

I like to make mission that can be played with a minimum of addons, using some key addons that will make the mission outstanding(in my poor standards thou)

A good terrain, a good set of units for player and OPFOR, and some decent weapons. With this addon I only need a nice terrain and some weapons to make a great story.

This pack would go very well with weapon addons that don't need of any others, like Laser's West Weapons, or maybe InQuisitors PAA and PAC weapons pack.

But I think that a mix of laser's weapons, Inquisitor's weapons, and the H&K pack from Lobo Team, would make a nice weapons pack to go with this units.

I really like this pack, so I'll get good use from it.

Thanks Newiy.

@CERO.

Anyone know where I can get the HK pack from? Would really like to use it with this addon! But the link on the lobos site is dead! (or maybe I'm looking at the wrong site!).

Really like the OPFOR pack!

I have it somewhere. Also I think there is still one OFP fan site that has it but I forgot where. I'll see about having it re-hosted by a few sites again.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Lost Brothers Mod Team Leader

I think I've still got the original HK pack, and HK pack 2...I'll see if I can get them hosted somewhere (if Miles doesn't beat me to it ^  wink_o.gif )

[edit]Found them already hosted at ofp.info...see below[/edit]

That would be great! So far have only found a really old version of the pack... and looking at the lobos site there seems to be two versions. So far have only found it on one fan site... still looking! though!

Thanks Major Fubar!  Much appreciated.   I finally found a CDR that I had a backup of the packs on.   We may try and make an update of them at LoBo perhaps by making a JAM version and replacing the Flipper M4 requirement with the INQ M4's that INQ made for public usage.  That way no other addons would be needed other then JAM.  We may also update the soldier models by, for example, replacing the US soldier's kevlar helmets, updating their web gear, ect...   Finally both packs need to be unified into a single pack.

Anyways, I'm going to talk to Calm Terror about doing this.  An update to this pack is, I think, long overdue as these packs are the most comprehensive collection of HK weapons around and still are pretty high quality even though they're quite old compared to other addon packs.

However it would be alot of work to update... I'm going to also try contacting Vipersheart to see if he's made any progress on updating it. If not I may also ask him if perhaps we can release an unbinarized version of his packs so that anyone who wants to can update them and fix them up.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

...indeed...

...lets get back to the topic of the OPFOR pack. If and when the HK pack is updated, I'm sure a new thread will be started. As it stands, the links above are there for anyone who wants to use the HK weapons with the OPFOR pack. wink_o.gif

When can we expect final version?

And i wonder why ofp.info wich hosts this files has not written any news about the release of beta version of such great addon?? I'm really shocked :/

Great addon!

A lot of different units on all sides…

biggrin_o.gif

Suggestion:

Maybe you have noticed this – when game is saved and then loaded again all selections textured using setObjectTexture command will disappear.

Apparently game resets the model and don’t apply the changes after loading.

In my addon I have resolve this by placing a loop in the script. Basically you put all random variables at the beginning (so they get remembered) and then you create start for the loop. When all selections get textured you can close the loop – with one or two seconds delay.

Hope this helps!

wink_o.gif

God I am drooling to add these to my new campaigns but alas I am experiencing the same Lock up....Screen goes to the black loading screen and never gets better until you have to switch the computer off or god willing Control+ALT+DELETE works

.....I will try to source the problem this weekend by going over the config, but it is Long...Help anyone help.

DL

Same happens to me. No matter what units etc. you use, it's just because of the addon in the addon folder.

Great units... Thanks!

When I install in an addons folder with just JAM, I get the freeze others posted about. When I also access my BAS addons folder, it works fine.

My BAS folder has these files in it:

BAS_Cargo.pbo

BAS_derad.pbo

BAS_deraw.pbo

BAS_kawa.pbo

BAS_Kiowapack.pbo

bas_lbs185.pbo

bas_lbs.pbo

bas_mah60.pbo

BAS_MH47E.pbo

BAS_MH47E_185.pbo

bas_repair.pbo

bas_soar185.pbo

bas_soar.pbo

bas_soarpilots.pbo

BAS_weap.pbo

I am trying to play from the preview button in the editor. Some sort of dependency I guess...

It also works if I access the marine addons instead of the bas addons. What do they have in common?

Hello all, I just got back from vacation...

Well, I'm not sure what's causing this freeze myself, but I'm hoping to solve it in the next version. In order to solve this, as I have stated earlier, I need some form of guinea pig.

I hope to release the first non-beta early next year, but you can never tell wink_o.gif

Hopefully all issues will be resolved next version.